Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Please give me some information about Laos (Read 42171 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Please give me some information about Laos
Reply #15 - 4th Nov, 2008 at 1:01am

You can speak Vietnamese but only Vietnamese people will understand you because it's not the national language in Laos.

Tuk tuks, jumbos, buses and taxis are the main form of public transportation in Laos. The price will depend on where you want to go.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #16 - 4th Nov, 2008 at 3:06am

^^ wow , it's ok . haha , I can use Vietnamese to speak all time in my trip  Tongue

more than 120.000 people use Vietnamese fluently  Tongue I see the statistic from the Internet  Smiley anyways , the cost for transposition will count 1 km / Kips or USD ?

how much for 1 km ? give me the average number  Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #17 - 5th Nov, 2008 at 2:00am

You can make your payment in kips, bahts or US dollars in Laos.

A one kilometre trip on a tuk tuk or jumbo usually costs around 10,000 kips ($1.15 USD).

IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #18 - 5th Nov, 2008 at 3:50am

^^ ok , I'll exchange to Kips at the border gate .

and how about the Laos people ? I know they're friendly and the women really cute when wear skirt ^^ I love them  Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #19 - 5th Nov, 2008 at 3:51am

can u give me some advise when I meet Laos people ?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #20 - 6th Nov, 2008 at 1:48am

Just be friendly towards them and they will be helpful and treat you very nice.

IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #21 - 6th Nov, 2008 at 1:54am

sabaide admin  Cool

teach me some basic Lao such as " Nice to meet u " , good bye , how 're u

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #22 - 6th Nov, 2008 at 5:48am

Lao is a tonal language and it can't be learnt in writing because a word can have different meanings.

IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #23 - 6th Nov, 2008 at 6:08am

can u show me another meaning of " sabaide "? does it mean " hello " ?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #24 - 6th Nov, 2008 at 6:52am

Yes it does.

IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #25 - 6th Nov, 2008 at 8:40am

^^ how about the other meaning ?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #26 - 7th Nov, 2008 at 5:01am

Lao language can't be learnt from written words.

IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #27 - 8th Nov, 2008 at 6:33am

wow , it's the difficult language Sad

View Profile  
IP Logged

Sam
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #28 - 29th Dec, 2008 at 3:29am

Hey Justwannasay,

Just so u know I am form Laos but currently living in US but I will be coming to Lao next year sometime to attend the SEA GAME. I don't much about the language. It's Ashame! to say that but couldn't help but left the country when I was young. But I do have a brother and his wife still livin' in Capital. So just drop me an email and we're chat. This is my first time to come and visit my birth country. Hope is safe since than when I left it was a diffenent story than...well u know WAR and all. Anyhow............I hope to find some Lao female to hook up with so that they can teach me how to speak again. As right now, I don't have a hard time of understanding but sure does have a hard time of speaking. Well drop me an email at tumor_s@yahoo.com

Later,

View Profile  
IP Logged

JustWannaSay
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #29 - 4th Jan, 2009 at 2:06pm

Hi Sam . Nice to meet u . I'm not Lao , so can't talk more with u by ur birth language . Hope to see u in SEA GAMES at the end this year and enjoy the sport 's festival . haha  Cool I probably don't know anything about Laos and Lao also . Maybe English or Vietnamese 're better for me to get information about a place , currency , travel , ......... so on . B/c lots of government official and student who studied in Vietnam . of course , If come there , I'll go with Lao friends  Smiley they're studying in Foreign Trade University at Vietnam Smiley they'll good tour guides ^^

This's my msn : nguyenhuuphuc2612@hotmail . available 's an email . Hope to see u . Wink Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78161 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248669 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133013 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69727 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47367 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73853 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57478 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45333 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40922 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33919 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum