Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Girls on the streets of Laos (Read 78124 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Girls on the streets of Laos
18th Mar, 2009 at 12:50am

Two ladies walking along the road in Vientiane's CBD.

laopride99.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Re: Girls on the streets of Laos
Reply #1 - 25th Mar, 2011 at 8:07am

Why are all the 'sao Lao's' so paranoid of tanning. Using an umbrella as a shield is way over the top. Don't they sell sunscreen in Laos?
Why do they excessively apply white powder still in a flake-off state on their faces?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

JSEA
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #2 - 25th Mar, 2011 at 8:38am

Not just Laos...Thailand, and Singapore too. In Thailand they think dark skin is ugly (I think because they think it means you're a poor farmer). It's the opposite of the west, where dark skin or a tan means you spend all your time on vacation at the beach.

Either way it seems silly to me.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #3 - 25th Mar, 2011 at 8:48am

JSEA wrote on 25th Mar, 2011 at 8:38am:
Not just Laos...Thailand, and Singapore too. In Thailand they think dark skin is ugly (I think because they think it means you're a poor farmer). It's the opposite of the west, where dark skin or a tan means you spend all your time on vacation at the beach.

Not just to you.

I've seen alot of Darker skin Lao girls, by the way. Complexion ain't a  thing to me. If you're 'hot': you're 'hot'.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

JSEA

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #4 - 25th Mar, 2011 at 10:08am

Yeah that's what I always say. Thais ask me "do you like dark girls, or light girls?" (because it's a stereotype that farang like dark skinned girls). I tell them it doesn't matter, skin color isn't gonna change whether they're hot or not.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #5 - 25th Mar, 2011 at 10:21am

JSEA wrote on 25th Mar, 2011 at 10:08am:
Yeah that's what I always say. Thais ask me "do you like dark girls, or light girls?" (because it's a stereotype that farang like dark skinned girls). I tell them it doesn't matter, skin color isn't gonna change whether they're hot or not.

Well said mate, well said.

Why do you want to learn Lao? I don't think it's a 'hot' language to be uttered in Bangkok. Not by a long shot, if you know what I mean!

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

JSEA

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #6 - 25th Mar, 2011 at 10:36am

I'm looking for jobs in Laos, and I know some Thai, so it's not too big a jump from Thai > Lao. The alphabets are almost the same (Lao is actually easier because it has less characters).

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #7 - 25th Mar, 2011 at 3:29pm

You're right Asian love light skin.
Shocked Roll Eyes

JSEA wrote on 25th Mar, 2011 at 8:38am:

View Profile  
IP Logged

abercrombie
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #8 - 26th Mar, 2011 at 2:38am

It's the same in China.  Men don't seem to care, but you'll see women walking around in the summer wearing what looks like a welder's mask.  Long sleeves and gloves, too, some of them.  That's in Shanghai, anyway, the epitome of false fronts and appearances.

View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 26th Mar, 2011 at 6:03am

Dark or light, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me. Attraction is good to bring people together, but if they have a terrible personality, then it pretty much ruins the attraction effect.

My father used to say, "Pretty is, as pretty does."

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #10 - 26th Mar, 2011 at 7:04am

Agreed is not just outside that's count. It's the whole package deal in and out. Look and personality.
Roll Eyes

Quote:
Dark or light, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me. Attraction is good to bring people together, but if they have a terrible personality, then it pretty much ruins the attraction effect.

My father used to say, "Pretty is, as pretty does."

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #11 - 12th Apr, 2011 at 3:07am

Red dress and matching high heels stand out on the streets.

girl-on-the-streets-of-vientiane.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #12 - 12th Apr, 2011 at 3:21am

Nice dress.
Cheesy Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal

I Love Laos!

Reply #13 - 12th Apr, 2011 at 6:05am

very sexy  Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #14 - 12th Apr, 2011 at 10:25pm

Always speechless when Admin uploads Roll Eyes!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78810 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248914 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133169 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69867 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47494 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73967 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57592 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45420 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 41021 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33985 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum