Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Ice cream man in Vientiane (Read 120408 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: Ice cream man in Vientiane
Reply #45 - 17th Apr, 2011 at 12:48am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 16th Apr, 2011 at 10:30pm:
That's right, I am an ugly 54-year-old Canadian man, so please stop flirting with me and keep comments in relation to Laos.

Hahah now Larb Dip is thinking twice.
Grin Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #46 - 17th Apr, 2011 at 4:43am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 16th Apr, 2011 at 10:30pm:
That's right, I am an ugly 54-year-old Canadian man, so please stop flirting with me and keep comments in relation to Laos.

RUBBISH! RUBBISH! RUBBISH!

We BOTH were flirting. But that's all it was right? JUST HARMLESS FLIRTING. No more, no less. Even Willy could hear your till pop open its latch

CHA CHING!!!

CryWhat, are you dumping me now? This is it? Cry

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #47 - 14th May, 2011 at 7:48am

ice-cream-in-vientiane-1.jpg

ice-cream-in-vientiane-2.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #48 - 14th May, 2011 at 9:02am

What's the difference in prices between this and the real ice creams?

I'll pass on this!

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #49 - 14th May, 2011 at 9:19am

What's not real about this ice cream? It has all the ingredients of an ice cream.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #50 - 14th May, 2011 at 4:13pm

I like ice cream. I'll try anything that's good.
Wink Tongue

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #51 - 14th May, 2011 at 11:43pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 14th May, 2011 at 9:19am:
What's not real about this ice cream? It has all the ingredients of an ice cream.

It's real alright.

I'd rather consume the imported versions.

I'm all for supporting 'Made in Laos'; just not where my health is concerned.

You're not going to tell me YOU eat this stuff too, are you?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #52 - 15th May, 2011 at 1:56am

I don't usually eat the so-called homemade ice creams because they're not that clean, but I don't mind them once in a while, especially during hot days. It won't affect you, as far as your health is concerned.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #53 - 15th May, 2011 at 3:07am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 15th May, 2011 at 1:56am:
I don't usually eat the so-called homemade ice creams because they're not that clean, but I don't mind them once in a while, especially during hot days. It won't affect you, as far as your health is concerned.

It doesn't even look like the guy uses gloves. I'll pass.

How much for the 'real' one?

And THIS one?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #54 - 15th May, 2011 at 4:14am

He doesn't need gloves. He is using a spoon to scoop the ice cream into a plastic cup. You can see the white plastic cups in the picture.

Most people don't use gloves in Laos, including chefs in the restaurants. It's probably best to avoid Laos, if gloves is a big issue.

I already mentioned the price on the first page.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #55 - 15th May, 2011 at 2:17pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 15th May, 2011 at 4:14am:
He doesn't need gloves. He is using a spoon to scoop the ice cream into a plastic cup. You can see the white plastic cups in the picture.

He should still be using a glove. No two ways about it!

Most people don't use gloves in Laos, including chefs in the restaurants.

That explains the reasons behind the frequent sanitary exercises I was forced to perform, after dining in the so-called restaurants. I don't think they throw ANYTHING out over there. Not even meat past its use by date. Embarrassed

It's probably best to avoid Laos, if gloves is a big issue.

When I retire in Laos I'm taking a cook with me, among other necessities.

By the way, do they have servants - or as we say, khon say - or does that mean 'slave'? - for hire in Laos? Someone who is willing to stay on the premises, whose sole job is to keep the house in a tidy state?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #56 - 15th May, 2011 at 4:53pm

You can hire house keeper in Laos. Its a good way to help out the locals and hire Lao worker. I think they'll be happy with $150-$200 month.
Wink

Larb Dip wrote on 15th May, 2011 at 2:17pm:

He should still be using a glove. No two ways about it!

Most people don't use gloves in Laos, including chefs in the restaurants.

By the way, do they have servants - or as we say, khon say - or does that mean 'slave'? - for hire in Laos? Someone who is willing to stay on the premises, whose sole job is to keep the house in a tidy state?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #57 - 15th May, 2011 at 8:44pm

Larb Dip, Don't be silly, he is not touching anything that customers will be eating. And this cleanliness talk is coming from a person who likes to eat raw meat which is full of bacteria.

You can hire servants in Laos. Calling them "khon sai" tends to put them down. These days we call them "mae baan".

Lao LXE, Yes, around that price range can get you a servant in Laos.

IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #58 - 15th May, 2011 at 10:56pm

What does a servant usually do? Never had a servant before. Cooking mainly?

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 15th May, 2011 at 8:44pm:
Larb Dip, Don't be silly, he is not touching anything that customers will be eating. And this cleanliness talk is coming from a person who likes to eat raw meat which is full of bacteria.

You can hire servants in Laos. Calling them "khon sai" tends to put them down. These days we call them "mae baan".

Lao LXE, Yes, around that price range can get you a servant in Laos.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #59 - 15th May, 2011 at 11:08pm

They may do more than just cooking, depending on how much you pay them.

The can do your laundry, wash your bathroom and toilet, clean the dishes, and all sorts of household chores.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 0 1510 Last Post 21st Apr, 2024 at 12:52pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 290764 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 86967 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 138658 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 75036 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 51664 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77804 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61103 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48329 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43488 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum