Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
"Re-education" (Read 36224 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: "Re-education"
Reply #15 - 5th Jan, 2010 at 4:08am

3 years in a Thai refugee camp is quite a long time. Most people only stayed in the camp for 6 months to a year because they had relatives or friends who sponsored them.

The Catholic Church also sponsored Laotians who signed an agreement to follow the Catholic religion.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #16 - 5th Jan, 2010 at 4:29am

I 'm just one of those who don't have a relative who can sponsor me at the time. We have to wait in the line....beside, We didn't want to go to France and USA.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #17 - 5th Jan, 2010 at 4:39am

Religion is a freedom of choice! I do not change my belief just to get me out of trouble. You talking very much like Westerner and probably is! How ever, I do appreciated what you done here. Please keep up the good work. I will continue to support the forum. I would like to meet you one day and maybe have a coffee chatting about life changing in Laos........

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #18 - 5th Jan, 2010 at 11:14pm

It is a freedom of choice, that's why it is their choice to change their religion so the church will sponsor them.

I'm a Laotian and not a westerner.

IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #19 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 3:12am

Lips SealedAdmin Saovaluck wrote on 1st Nov, 2009 at 10:49pm:
Lao people in the past wanted Laos to an independent country, and not be ruled by a western country and it was achieved.

So to kick out the French, Prince Souphanouvong turned to the Vietnamese for help. True...the French was removed, but Vietnam ended up having control/influence over Laos.  To me that's bringing one country IN, to kick out another.  I SEE NO DIFFERENCE! Except Vietnam was communist, French was NOT!

That's all I'm saying.... Lips Sealed

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #20 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 3:20am

The communist is only the name now. the system is not there any more. Look at China...they are rich and powerful now. I do hope Laos take note of what China have to offer! you are still live in the past. please let go of the past and look to the future.
You can not change the past,but you can create the future!

View Profile  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd

I Love Laos!

Reply #21 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 3:28am

You are correct Tee. I will NOT argue your point. 

I was only responding to Admin about...kicking French out. But to achieve that...they had to bring IN Vietnam.   I see no difference!  That's all I'm saying.

That's like.... BORROW MY SISTER TO PAY MY BROTHER.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #22 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 3:51am

I guest at time, no one have let the hand to help. and perhaps Laos army have help them make safe passive for Vietnam Army during the war and help them kick out the American. I don't think Vietnam have any intention to take over Laos.if they do want that. After 35 year they still have done nothing yet. if that were Thailand...that would be different. Look over the other side of River, About quarter of Thailand and it population are still speak Laos and 65% of the work force in Thailand are spoke Laotian. We should be proud, what Laos have achieved!

The revolution of Internet has make the world with no boarder anymore. We should think who or what country to take over the nation but concentrate on how to help other less fortune than us and bring their life to be at least better than what there are now.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #23 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 7:03am

On paper, Laos is officially an independent country and not ruled by any country.

But behind closed doors, Vietnam continues to have influence in Laos.

IP Logged

Want Laos To Be Independence
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #24 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 8:42am

We"
all Laotians
" do not want NOBODY to rule our country. Just like Ho chi min had said : " Want Vietnam to be Independence, I rarely welcome 10,000 American better than one French." But now they(viet) are in Laos and Combodian( shame on them)  

Remember : Weakness will die Strongest will survive.
If we don't do anything about it we will dying out at the end; we'll be sorry ; like the (Kurdist, Palestinian)

(KU nee) I was at Don Thao during 78's thru 79's during Samkhe break.  1978 it was real bad just like Buck Tee had said VT its just like a ghost town all borders were seal. And come to 1979 the China had invaded the Vietnam. We don't ever knew whom is our friend or foe. People were dying, starving.....there is nothing to sell at the market place. Image if you were there Ok and put yourself in my shoe then you will understand me. The Communist will accusing you out of anything. The tactic of the Communism ideology in base on lie. They 'd called civilians " PA Chon or Patikan Kai Zard " this is just abusing the power to humiliated us(Lao civilians). To me; I have to say: F-Buck Kayson,F-Buck Souphanouvong,F-Buck Khamtai, F-Buck Nouhak,F-Buck Choummaly. ( Ku nee Kon lao bor dai kai Zard ) All of these sorry-ass are the one whom (Kai Zard) included the F- Old regime were did it too. They was bad the now are the worst of the mankind.
Can any one tell me which Ex and Current Leaders are good one.
I will name them for U:  Buck Boun Oum, Buck Kaysone, Koupasith Abpai, Buck Souphanouvong and half bro Souvannaphouma.....etc

We ( all Laotians including 68 ethnic groups) are the victims of war. We are paying the price for those sorry-ass leaders; they just want the throne and make money for themselves... I don't care what the Laos want to be as long as that person do it for their ppl and country not your pockets.... beside that I forgive and forgave. I let By Gone Be By Gone. Life have to go on....

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #25 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 12:41pm

You said you are not angry! but all the word you show here is full of anger.

You call me Buk Tee, a real Laos would never disrespect elder person no matter what. I do understand you are gown up in the USA. that how they treat they elder. I don't get anger but sad that you have a high educate but chose to behave like the low educate person.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #26 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 10:55pm

To be fair to WantLaosToBeIndependence, we don't know each others age and background.

The word "buk" is used every day, especially in southern and central Laos.

In Lao culture, calling a person "buk" is respecting them as a best friend or close friend, but you're right that it shouldn't be used towards an elder.

IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd

I Love Laos!

Reply #27 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 7:49pm

Tee wrote on 4th Jan, 2010 at 12:24pm:
I really like the way you handing these ABL(American born Laos) Thinking they know every things.

I am quite happy what happen over 35 year ago, I was only 14 then. I didn't know why we have to leave Laos. all I know wss that I was so happy with my friends at school. but day after day, most of my friend is missing from school and my neighbor also missing and I saw Vientiane are turning to be a ghost town the street is so quite. My parent was thinking that all of them had been taking away by the Red-Army at the time. I also hear one of my best friend has been shoot and kill by the red-army while he try to swim across the River. not until we have cross over the river and saw him alive and well in Nongkhai Refugee Camp.
Most of the people got sent to Re-education camp other in the Old army,Police force and high rank Public servant. Most of these people are the most corrupted any way. About the loyal Family in Laos. They have done nothing to improve Laos people life anyway. They also very Corrupted too. My father is in Business and he have to pay these people each month just to get them off his back!(he is in a Grocery  store business)
That why The red army won the War and the heart of the majority at the time.
I'm happy because of the red-army make my family to leave Laos at time.because of them, I did get the chance to live,study and work aboard. because of them make my life Changed  180 decree.

3 year doing nothing in the camp just pay foot-ball and learning English being bashed by the Thai army when they feel like it.  
Studied the best education While Working full time.

I do thank you for that! because with out them, I would be able to be came who I am!

>>
TT> Like you, for the record I WILL SELFISHLY SAY, I'm glad there was a "Change in Government".  I would NOT be in America knowing what I know or have what I have. 
>UNLIKE you I will say IT IS STILL CORRUPT!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Want Laos To Be Independence
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #28 - 10th Jan, 2010 at 8:18am

You don't have to be fair with me Okay. Take my word for it. All of you in here are younger than me............

It's took me almost 40min or more to finish one comment not like the youngsters took them only 10min.

I used two middle fingers to type instead of using its in something else...
Its not easy for me at all. I am too old for this shiit...

Do you know what is middle finger for?
I alway get mad, mad of every things. I am no good shiit..
Just don't mind me Okay....I' m too dumb for this but have more knowledge than your sorry-ass president (
fact
)

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #29 - 10th Jan, 2010 at 9:28am

WantLaosToBeIndependence, Then for that reason is it possible to try and set a good example to the "younger" ones?

Tone down your language and be nice is a good start, khop jai lai lai der.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78260 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248699 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133029 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69741 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47380 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73864 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57503 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45342 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40928 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33924 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum