Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
HOW TO STOP CORRUPTION?CAN LAOS BE LIKE SINGAPORE? (Read 34632 times)

BorLeumBanGerd
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Re: HOW TO STOP CORRUPTION?CAN LAOS BE LIKE SINGAPORE?
Reply #15 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 7:37pm

Jason wrote on 7th Jan, 2010 at 7:26pm:
And there no talk about up and coming new polictical parties? or maybe new leaders?  I assume the current party in power is not elected?

Jason, Laos is a communist country and has ONLY 1 ruling party.

"Lao People's Revolutionary Party"

Anyone trying to form a new political body or "counter-party" IS PUT DOWN, SQUASHED!

Get my drift?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Jason
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Interested to know more
about Laos...

Toronto, Canada
Reply #16 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 8:36pm

Understood.

Maybe someone has to organize some rallies for change. 

Power to the Loas people!  lol.

View Profile  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd

I Love Laos!

Reply #17 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 9:06pm

Jason wrote on 7th Jan, 2010 at 8:36pm:
Understood.

Maybe someone has to organize some rallies for change.  

Power to the Loas people!  lol.  

>>>>
Jason,

I guess you really DID NOT UNDERSTAND my point.  

"Anyone trying to form a new political body or "counter-party" IS PUT DOWN, SQUASHED!"

COMMUNIST government(S) will NOT TOLERATE, PERMIT ANY "POLITICAL" RALLIES, PROTESTS OR DEMONSTRATIONS.  

Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 in CHINA is THE ABSOLUTE PERFECT EXAMPLE!  It was a peaceful protests by university students AND anyone else who wanted CHANGE, wanted FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY!  

As a matter of fact 2009 marked the 20th anniversary of the student's PRO DEMOCRACY DEMONSTATION! IT TURNED OUT TO BE A MASSACRE!!

END RESULTS - "The official Chinese government figure is 241 dead, including soldiers, and 7,000 wounded."

Independent Humanitarian Organizations puts estimates closer to 1,000 DEAD and 1,000s more wounded!

Please see the articles. NOTE - These are respectible/reliable companies reporting:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/05/31/sunday/main5051952.shtml

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,970278,00.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/06/21/world/a-reassessment-of-how-many-died-in-the-m...

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #18 - 8th Jan, 2010 at 12:26am

Jason, the leaders have only been elected in office for the past 3 or 4 years. There will be new leaders in the coming years because they are changed all the time.

BorLeumBanGerd, I don't approve or condone corruption, it is wrong but I've come to accept that it happens and there's nothing that anyone can do about it. Let God deal with them when their time is up on Earth, I just think of it that way.

Where is the evidence to backup our claim that the tax collector is corrupt? We know he has a nice house and car, but so does everybody else with a high status job. Also he most likely has protection, like you said his boss will most likely receive a percentage of the corrupted money, so by accusing him of wrongdoing we're in real trouble. He may even pay gangs to deal with you because he has money, so it's better to just leave him alone and not become involved in his business.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Want Laos To Be Independence
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #19 - 10th Jan, 2010 at 7:34am

Wow, Thanks guys TT, Jason, BLBG

Very impressive with your guys comments, All good.
But I don't think those guys are see anything wrong. They're blind.

They eyes seeing things different from us.
Just hope, one day the Vientiane Wall will falling down

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd

I Love Laos!

Reply #20 - 12th Jan, 2010 at 1:39pm

Want Laos To Be Independence wrote on 10th Jan, 2010 at 7:34am:

INDEPENDENCE - I don't think they are BLIND.  ADMIN said in another post, ADMITTED IT and DID NOT DENY ANYTHING!  IT HAPPENS, but there is NOTHING PEOPLE CAN DO!

Like you said before in some other post - "Here no evil, see no evil!"
"Hed bap bor hoo, bor hen!"

ADMIN said in another post - "We are taught the 3 "bohs",
"bor hoo", "bor hen", "bor juk"

ADMIN said: "I don't approve or condone corruption, it is wrong but I've come to accept that it happens and there's nothing that anyone can do about it. Let God deal with them when their time is up on Earth, I just think of it that way."

I guess that's the POWER of communism, REGULAR, ORDINARY CITIZENS CAN NOT SAY OR DO ANYTING ABOUT IT.  IT IS WHAT IT IS...JUST LIVE WITH IT!

PEOPLE WHO SPEAK UP AND SPEAK OUT ARE CRUSHED!  FEAR OF PUNISHMENT KEEPS THE PEOPLE QUIET! PARENTS TEACH THEIR CHILDREN TO KEEP QUIET AND FUTURE GENERATIONS WILL DO THE SAME! THAT'S THE EXACT REASON BEHIND WHY LAO AS A PEOPLE AND AS A COUNTRY WILL NOT MOVE FORWARD.

I KNOW that it is easy for me as a Laotian living in America to SPEAK THE TRUTH because I live in FREE and DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY, BUT that my fellow Laotians in LAOS CAN NOT!

TO their credit (government), We do see SOME CHANGE/development as far as economy, roads, running water, more businesses and higher per capita income...but more NEEDS to be done.

ALL I WANT IS FOR ALL LAOTIANS TO HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A BETTER LIFE... RICH OR POOR!  THAT OPPORTUNITY CAN ONLY BE PROVIDED IF THE GOVERNMENT WERE TO DO MORE TO HELP THE PEOPLE!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

« Last Edit: 12th Jan, 2010 at 2:41pm by BorLeumBanGerd »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #21 - 14th Jan, 2010 at 4:40pm

BorLeumBanGerd wrote on 12th Jan, 2010 at 1:39pm:
Want Laos To Be Independence wrote on 10th Jan, 2010 at 7:34am:

INDEPENDENCE - I don't think they are BLIND.  ADMIN said in another post, ADMITTED IT and DID NOT DENY ANYTHING!  IT HAPPENS, but there is NOTHING PEOPLE CAN DO!

Like you said before in some other post - "Here no evil, see no evil!"
"Hed bap bor hoo, bor hen!"

ADMIN said in another post - "We are taught the 3 "bohs",
"bor hoo", "bor hen", "bor juk"

ADMIN said: "I don't approve or condone corruption, it is wrong but I've come to accept that it happens and there's nothing that anyone can do about it. Let God deal with them when their time is up on Earth, I just think of it that way."

I guess that's the POWER of communism, REGULAR, ORDINARY CITIZENS CAN NOT SAY OR DO ANYTING ABOUT IT.  IT IS WHAT IT IS...JUST LIVE WITH IT!

PEOPLE WHO SPEAK UP AND SPEAK OUT ARE CRUSHED!  FEAR OF PUNISHMENT KEEPS THE PEOPLE QUIET! PARENTS TEACH THEIR CHILDREN TO KEEP QUIET AND FUTURE GENERATIONS WILL DO THE SAME! THAT'S THE EXACT REASON BEHIND WHY LAO AS A PEOPLE AND AS A COUNTRY WILL NOT MOVE FORWARD.

I KNOW that it is easy for me as a Laotian living in America to SPEAK THE TRUTH because I live in FREE and DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY, BUT that my fellow Laotians in LAOS CAN NOT!

TO their credit (government), We do see SOME CHANGE/development as far as economy, roads, running water, more businesses and higher per capita income...but more NEEDS to be done.

ALL I WANT IS FOR ALL LAOTIANS TO HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A BETTER LIFE... RICH OR POOR!  THAT OPPORTUNITY CAN ONLY BE PROVIDED IF THE GOVERNMENT WERE TO DO MORE TO HELP THE PEOPLE!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

BLBG, I dont' think they understood
what I was tried to do here
. Dumb-Australia-Educators with the Communism Infected Virus( C1V1) , there is no Vaccine for these type of disease; only death care cure this disease.

Most poor ppl are living in Laos have no access to the internet( we knew ) but we are trying to help them that is my intent. I had tried to drive my 2balls to 21ho( not hole ) it landed at wrong mouth. I have to asked that person very nicely to spit it out but I do not think he/she understood. I will try a little different tatics next times( call Reversal Communism Ideology ) I have had learnt from Nouhak Phoumsavanh at Seminar Camp in Laos. I am trying my best with my fourth grades education with very low QI (not IQ) to help the ppl with Hi-Ed-D-A+(C1V1) so they will see light again...... Just hope God willing to give me a strength to battle these diseases.

Do you know the Communist didn't believed in God; They're belief in AK47. This is Sad.

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #22 - 16th Jan, 2010 at 7:53am

NO MORE BS,

HAVE A NICE DAY

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #23 - 21st Mar, 2010 at 11:11pm

TO STOP CORRUPTION IN LAOS
FIRST, THROW BUCK CHOUMMALY IN JAIL JUST LIKE THAILAND DID TO BUCK THUGSIN.

SEIZE ALL OF HIS PROPERTIES.

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #24 - 22nd Mar, 2010 at 5:49am

Want Laos To Be Independence wrote on 21st Mar, 2010 at 11:11pm:
TO STOP CORRUPTION IN LAOS
FIRST, THROW BUCK CHOUMMALY IN JAIL JUST LIKE THAILAND DID TO BUCK THUGSIN.

SEIZE ALL OF HIS PROPERTIES.

It is easier said then done.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Laosport
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Lao Luv Lao Last Longer

Boston
Reply #25 - 23rd Mar, 2010 at 1:30am

Dharma is the answer!  Smiley

Phoum Jai Pen LAO!
View Profile  
IP Logged

macro

I Love Laos!

Reply #26 - 26th Mar, 2010 at 12:57pm

All of you guys sound so negative, look at the bright side...things are improving everyday, great wall of China wasn't built in 1 day.
20 years ago if Miss Admin start something like this, she would probably got put in re-education camp or disappear forever.
As for Miss Admin, if everyone fufils the obigation of a citizen to condemn the corruption, then the people in power will listen and be easier to control their subordinate, if we mind our own business then things will get worse and it will eventually effect us personally.
I do believe the guy at the top is geniunly want the country to be better, although some time ideology can get out of hand like in Germany and Cambodia.
As for 1 party rule infact it's not as bad as people think, the so call democratic nations try to brain wash people.
1 party rule in fact, they have opposition within the party as well, when ever there is a meeting, the majority decide the policy, but the oppostion's idea will be noted and recorded, if the policy failed, then the minority's idea will be examine and discussed (Majority not always right), China and Vietnam can advance so quickly is because of 1 party rule.
The reason why it didn't work before is that it's not one party rule...it's ONE PERSON RULE.
Anyway politic is a dirty word, if you guys are so concern, then take some real action like those revolutionist ( Lenin, Che, Mao etc...) and start an arm struggle, if you lucky enough to succeed, you probably think that you have worked so hard and now you deserve to own the country and act like them too. haha!

View Profile  
IP Logged

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #27 - 27th Mar, 2010 at 8:07am

Marco, thanks.....

Any comments are good to me...It doesn't matter I agree or disagree. Its all good.

Purpose for me to come in here to wake my ppl up so they will see light again.....

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #28 - 8th Apr, 2010 at 8:23pm

View Profile  
IP Logged

kaoli
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Reply #29 - 9th Apr, 2010 at 3:02am

Laos ranks 158st out of 180 countries in Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index for 2009.

http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2009/cpi_2009_ta...

Kiss

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 0 1510 Last Post 21st Apr, 2024 at 12:52pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 290764 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 86967 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 138658 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 75037 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 51664 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77804 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61104 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48329 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43488 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum