Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Why Laos does not have the freedom of speech? (Read 74418 times)

Want Laos To Be Independence
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Re: Why Laos does not have the freedom of speech?
Reply #30 - 3rd Jan, 2010 at 6:47am

I believed you knew more than we(exiles)do.
Presently, I'm seeing  Laos is
Communism
mix with
Capitalism
. Its times to grab quick cash and pile it up much as you can before the civilization will kicking in. Only the people whom have the power and Ass-Kissers will be the rich. The one whom haven't had the connection with these people will left out and face the harshly economic downfall.

Lao's Laws never made for the Govt Officials to obey only to the civilians ( Fact )
In 1991 Laos adopted its first constitution to guarantee the people of Lao to have
the freedom of speech
, assembly and religion but its never been effective.
In 2005 Laos had passed the
Anti-Corruption Law
signed by Khamtai Siphandone
( himself
)

The rich will get richer and the poor will be poor unless they are willing to kiss-ass.

I'm saying these base on the fact and reality in Laos. The
Old regime
were did it before and the
New regime
are doing the same. Nothing had changed, same old same old.

TIME TO CHANGE

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #31 - 3rd Jan, 2010 at 8:33am

You've made some valid points but I believe that Laos is a better country than what it used to be. I would rather live in Laos than the other countries around us, that's for sure.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #32 - 5th Jan, 2010 at 8:38am

Wow, this is good...... You should thanks me for motivated your website. Since I had started the BullShit up, seem like we have ppl from every corners of world have jumping in. Before then this site its just like the ghost site(
Fact
), ally I saw you(Adm) and BHK and less.....not that much. This is going to be real good for the Laos future, I believed.

Anyway, just like I had told you; I am a weird person. I might say things you guys won't say; I might like the stuffs you guys won't like it. I am who I am. I don't belong to any groups. ( You be nice me I be nice with you; if you are mean to me I will mean you ) this is "
ME
". I know right/wrong and hot/cold. I also do not bow my head to the Old regime and the New regime either. If any one have problem with that then I can't help it. No one can change me. My parent used to told me to nice to all human being but I did, only to the ppl whom had been nice to me beside that I just tell them "Go kill yourself, If you couldn't do it then you need to learn how to like me".

This subject is about "
FREEDOM OF SPEECH
"  if any one out there can't understand what is meaning then you need to get the rope.

Peace be upon who seek peace,
    Lao DFW, TX US(Laos)

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #33 - 5th Jan, 2010 at 10:41pm

Maybe you should be thanking us instead for creating a wonderful and useful site so that you can exercise your freedom of speech.

They say along with free speech comes responsibility, especially in Laos where sensitive issues is an area that I can't talk about. You're abit luckier than me.

IP Logged

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #34 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 9:19am

I do, Thank you. You are the brave, I wish there are alot like you living in Laos. IF I have a chance to see Laos again I will take you out for diner, if you don't mind. I knew you have a boyfriend but that can be change....Ha ha ha( don't mind me) I bet I look better than your boyfriend.....If you see me you will like me.

"Freedom of speech" is for every living creatures live in this planet earth have the right to barking , saying or singing.

I do understand why Lao ppl living in Laos don't like to talk about it. You have a bone stuck inside your throat it hard to swallow or spit it out. Its sad.

Thanks again, and stop staring at me. You made me falling in love with you.....comon don't do that Ok....

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #35 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 11:09pm

You have a point there, I'm not married yet. If you're not staring at me, then you wouldn't know that I'm staring at you. It takes two to tango.

There's freedom of speech in Laos, the only exception is you can't attack Lao politics.

IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #36 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 5:14pm

Want Laos To Be Independence wrote on 21st Dec, 2009 at 4:39am:
So you said :
Laos is half-Ass Communist
" Not Full Communist" that was you're saying. This one I have to give you
(+A)

1. They fear the people will know the dirty tactics of the Communism.  That why they're keep you guys to be quiet ( silence )

2.  If Laos is half-Ass Communist then North Korea is full Communist,right? So if these the case; Why don't you guys turn to be zero Communist like East Germany, can you guys do that. We ( the exile) will suport you 100% with Love and Respect your Leadership.

HAHHAAHA!! LMAO!!

View Profile  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd

I Love Laos!

Reply #37 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 6:11pm

Wow man...these are some HOT ISSUES being discussed here!  I wonder why I never saw this site before??? Anyways....at least there is a DISCUSSION. ALMOST 1 SIDED by INDEPENDENCE!

"Independence" to me...makes very [i]VALID
points and brings up important issues that affect Laos today AND obviously is taking FULL ADVANTAGE of "FREEDOM OF SPEECH!" which is a RIGHT in AMERICA!

"ADMIN" - (note-If I insult you..please don't take as such...it's just my opinion based on your comments/responses to "INDENPENDENCE"

If I may say so..from what I've seen from your responses ADMIN seems well educated based on some of the words and phrases, almost educated outside of Laos, perhaps Australia?  In many responses/comments, ADMIN seems to ALMOST make excuses for current Lao government.  ADMIN has no direct answer, but has an answer. But you also agree that INDEPENDENCE has many valid points! You're NOT denying it all all!  BUT, it seems you don't want to comment on it DIRECTLY! It seems that way to me?

ADMIN knows about the issues, understands the issues, and I BET some issues, ADMIN would like to see CHANGE FOR THE BETTER, but DOES NOT DARE TO OPENLY COMMENT.

I say this b/c ADMIN, some of your responses are like,
"I have no control in running the country"
"I have no control over what is being sold to neighbouring countries"
"You are right, I can't say anything. Cry"  One comment ADMIN said "I'm not denying anything"

And this comment below HITS IT NAIL ON THE HEAD!  EXACTLY WHAT INDEPENDENCE IS TRYING TO DISCUSS IN THIS POST: "FREEDOM OF SPEECH!ADMIN says - "It's easier said than done because you don't live in Laos. "We were taught the three "boh's". Boh hoo, boh hen, boh juck."

BINGO!!!  "we are taught the 3 bohs, 'boh hoo, boh hen, boh juck"

To me this statement is clearly representative of a communist policy, where people are told to "turn a blind eye" and keep your mouth shut! Just obe

View Profile  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd

I Love Laos!

Reply #38 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 6:27pm

<<Continued...sorry ran out of room on last comment.

To me this statement is clearly REPRESENTATIVE of a communist policy, where people are TAUGHT to "turn a blind eye" and keep your mouth shut!  JUST OBEY  THE LAW! DON'T QUESTION OR CHALLENGE IT!  DON'T QUESTION OR CHALLENGE THOSE WITH AUTHORITY!

Perfect example of communism's OPPRESSIVE & REPRESSIVE policies!
NO PROTESTS, NO DEMONSTRATIONS, CAN'T SPEAK OUT!  JUST DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD!

Hence> It's policies like these that leads to ABUSE & CORRUPTION mostly by people with authority and power from local police to the tax man, to village leader....HECK ANYBODY WITH POWER!! Money $$$ makes its way up to the top!

SAD BUT TRUE!!

View Profile  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd

I Love Laos!

Reply #39 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 10:03pm

INDEPENDENCE wrote:

Kaysone Phomvihane was
Viet
-
Lao
(
Father Nguyen Cai Song
) I be wonder how the hell did he end up with the lastname "
Phomvihane
" when his dad lastname was "
Nguyen
" or "
Cai Song
" and also he married "Em Viet"(
Vinh
)to all of these reasons that why they don't want the p..."

>>

I read somewhere Phomvihane was born "Nguyen Cai Song" to a Vietnamese father, "Nguyen Tri Loan"...and he married a Laos girl from Na Seng?

So which one is correct??

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #40 - 8th Jan, 2010 at 1:43am

I never feel insulted and I welcome freedom of speech as long as it is the right tune.

You understand just as well as we do in Laos. Questioning/challenging the law will put oneself in jeopardy so I don't want to push my comments beyond the limit.

The team and I support the current Lao Government, if we didn't then we wouldn't be displaying their flag on Laopride.com so it's evident that we are behind them 100%.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #41 - 8th Jan, 2010 at 2:30am

Ignorance is bliss.

Let's drink some Beer Lao and listen to Moh Lum and watch poo sao fohn.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #42 - 8th Jan, 2010 at 4:27am

That's the way of thinking in Laos. We will leave the authorities to fix what needs to be fixed.

Drink some coconut juice and relax at home.

IP Logged

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #43 - 10th Jan, 2010 at 7:58am

Just hope you guys will wake up and be free......

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #44 - 10th Jan, 2010 at 9:02am

We feel happy and free inside, that's all that counts.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 286644 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85792 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137663 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74122 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50921 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77154 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60520 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47830 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43061 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35530 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum