Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Prostitution in Laos ? Why Lao? (Read 802032 times)

Want Laos To Be Independence
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Re: Prostitution in Laos ? Why Lao?
Reply #75 - 27th Mar, 2010 at 8:17am

WEAKNESS WILL DIE
STRONGEST WILL SURVIVE

6.8 ITS ABOUT 1/3 OF EACH ( LAO/VIET/CHIN)

35 YRS ALREADY PAST

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

badlikeme
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #76 - 1st Jul, 2010 at 6:03am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 21st Dec, 2009 at 3:06am:
There are decent jobs otherwise everybody would all become a prostitute.

People have a choice in life, they choose that direction because they want quick and easy money.

Working in a decent job is a slow process of earning income.

woooaaa.. slow down. selling drugs, stealing cars, rob a bank or other people are a form of easy money, it makes no different than being a prostitute. It should be illegal. human trafficking should be allowed as well. Laos need to step  up in their enforcement from preventing this from happening. I think is an example of culture accepting it is ok to do this.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #77 - 1st Jul, 2010 at 9:57am

Badlikeme, Technically, prostitution is illegal in Laos but sometimes there's insufficient proof that one is prostituting.

Selling drugs and stealing is also an easy way to earn money but it's a very serious charge and you can be proven guilty in a court of law. Prostitution is a lesser crime.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

badlikeme
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #78 - 2nd Jul, 2010 at 12:20am

you are kidding right? there are numerous ways law enforcement can enforce and crack down on illegal prostitution. I suppose law authority needs more training? Honestly speaking, I for myself entered a dance/entertainment club that it was considered by the way. And many poo sao came out of no where and wanted to entertained me by solicitating their service.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #79 - 2nd Jul, 2010 at 7:14am

You can do all the training you like, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty it's scary to think of how much corruption there actually is.

The wealthy pimps pay the authorities to stay away from their business and their girls. When you have money, you're above the law.

IP Logged

badlikeme
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #80 - 2nd Jul, 2010 at 7:37am

Of course corruption is a major part of the issue to get rid of prostitution and many other crimes alike. It takes overhauling change from the top official down.  This is why the country will never prevail and stay in the same state as they are in now with no improvement. The country needs leader who are willing to stamp out corruption.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #81 - 2nd Jul, 2010 at 11:21am

There is prostitution in every country, and there will always be prostitution in Laos regardless of who is the top official.

Just because you and I don't approve prostitution, many ladies out there still enjoy the job and many men enjoy the company of a lady. Why should we remove something that we don't like, but others like?

I have no sympathy for prostitutes, but at the end of the day their career choice doesn't affect the way I live my life.

IP Logged

macro
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #82 - 19th Jul, 2010 at 12:22am

Only if you could desex the population.
Too big of a step ? may be Mr Independant should do something about this rather than just critisise, I have a few suggestion:
1. Try to send $ to help.
2. Try to lobby western gov not to crack down on the pronography industry.
3. Join politics rather than talking alone, once you got elected you can really do somethin.
3. Take it easy, after all it's willing buy willing sell, we live in a capitalist, free and democratic society, everyone can do whatever they want as long as it cause no harm to others, so mind your own business.
4. Start a revolution, who knows, may be you'll be more famous than Lenin and Che combined.
5. Too hard basket, people try to solve it since Adam's grandpa, maybe God will take care of it oneday.

View Profile  
IP Logged

macro
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #83 - 19th Jul, 2010 at 12:53am

Oh! one more thing, the government knows prostitution is the quickiest way to improve the country's economy, of couse they can not openly support it, look at history:
Back at confussos time in China, the government runs brothols to boost the state's coffer.
Taiwan's official prostitution close their door just a few years ago.
In late 90's China crack down on prostitution in Shenzhen, most of the prostitute went back to their village, the result is massive withdrawal of funds from the bank, creata a localised recession, the government soon reverse the policy.
Prostitution is an intergral part of economy whether we like it or not, more so in modern days, it carried on from thousands of years, imagine Thailand without prosititution, how can their economy survive (I mean at present form of economy structure).

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #84 - 2nd Aug, 2010 at 10:45am

Poor and vulnerable Lao girls forced into prostitution and sex slavery in Thailand.

laopride912.jpg

laopride913.jpg

laopride914.jpg

laopride915.jpg

laopride916.jpg

laopride917.jpg

laopride918.jpg

laopride919.jpg

laopride920.jpg

laopride921.jpg

laopride922.jpg

laopride923.jpg

laopride924.jpg

laopride925.jpg

laopride926.jpg

laopride927.jpg

laopride928.jpg

IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #85 - 3rd Aug, 2010 at 11:02pm

Government need to provide jobs and opportunity for Lao citizens. Better education and health care. Then there'll be less prostitution. But still not as bad as Thailand though. Thailand is well know for sex industry worldwide Sad.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #86 - 4th Aug, 2010 at 12:35am

Laos is a more traditional country than Thailand so we are not as bad as our neighbour. Even men in Thailand turn to prostitution so all sorts of things happen.

IP Logged

USA Joe

I Love Laos!

Reply #87 - 4th Aug, 2010 at 5:44am

please tell me those are screen shots from a dramatized tv show or movie... and not an actual recording for forced prostitution. because that would be messed up  Undecided

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #88 - 4th Aug, 2010 at 8:12am

USA Joe, It's a Lao movie based on a true story. It was televised in Laos to put some fright into young Lao ladies, and warn them about the dangers of being tricked into entering Thailand to work. However the work is sometimes not what one expect, instead one can end up being sold into prostitution.

Prostitution in Laos is different in that no one is locked up and being forced to do anything they don't want to do. In Thailand, however, prostitution is a dangerous game that is affiliated with mafia and gangs.

IP Logged

USA Joe

I Love Laos!

Reply #89 - 4th Aug, 2010 at 8:19pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 4th Aug, 2010 at 8:12am:
USA Joe, It's a Lao movie based on a true story. It was televised in Laos to put some fright into young Lao ladies, and warn them about the dangers of being tricked into entering Thailand to work. However the work is sometimes not what one expect, instead one can end up being sold into prostitution.

ahhh good to know. sigh of relief here.

Quote:
Prostitution in Laos is different in that no one is locked up and being forced to do anything they don't want to do. In Thailand, however, prostitution is a dangerous game that is affiliated with mafia and gangs.

i hope i am wrong but i feel it is only a matter of time before laos follow in step with with thailand. i really hope laos keep its innocence

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 0 1592 Last Post 21st Apr, 2024 at 12:52pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 290824 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 87018 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 138698 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 75076 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 51690 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77827 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61125 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48342 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43501 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum