Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Lao Pride or Disgrace ? (Read 36699 times)

Want Laos To Be Independence
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Lao Pride or Disgrace ?
25th Dec, 2009 at 5:31pm

In past, our
grandparents had pride

Nowaday, we(majority of us)have no pride ( most of us never admitted always denied)

WE ARE DISGRACE OURSELVES

FEEL FREE TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINIONS

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Lao Pride or Disgrace ?
Reply #1 - 25th Dec, 2009 at 9:08pm

Lao pride is still alive, certainly in Laos. People are proud to be Laotians who value the Lao culture and tradition.

Expatriates like yourself who come from a Lao ethnic background but live in the United States probably don't live the Lao way of life due to the environment you live in. The overseas Laotians have been away from Laos for over 20 or 30 years, and many were born outside of Laos so they live a more western lifestyle and it's understandable since they interact with western people.

People will always be proud to be a Lao person because that's the blood that runs through their veins. We are all different and how people choose to live their life is acceptable. If some people do things to disgrace themselves, they don't disgrace Laos as a whole.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #2 - 26th Dec, 2009 at 8:02am

God never created our human being to be perfect
We all the sinners, we most likely made mistake but hardly to
admitted
is just a part of our nature. The corruptors will never go out and tell the public"
I took the money
" just like the thieves they never going to tell you
" I stole your stuff
".

I myself " you called me: Patikan,Traitor or American Dicksuckker"
I might be a Patikan or Traitor but I let the
American SuckmyDick,
this is
FACT
( you can ask any Lao-Exile living in the US or somewhere else )
We tend to have pride in this.
Not like you guys living in Laos.
(
sucking the foriegners Cocks for 200,000kip = $20
) the
whor* houses
is everywhere in Laos( this is FACT ) Don't deny!

We(expatriates or exiles) might had disgrace ourselves sometimes like (culture and tradition)we didn't followed or cared too much about it while we have hard time to adjust ourselvese to the environment we are living in. Its not easy to say then done. Time and Place are not the same in Laos.

You guys need to learn how to admit sometime (
right or wrong is norm to our human being)

* Don't get mad at me Ok*

I just telling the true

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 26th Dec, 2009 at 10:33pm

These days, 200,000 kip is around $24 US.

You haven't been to Laos so I don't think you should be stating the facts about the country.

You sound angry. I don't think you understand what I'm saying. It's acceptable to adjust to western culture, if I lived in America I wouldn't go to the Buddhist temple that often or dress in a traditional Lao clothing. I probably wouldn't even think about Laos because I'll be busy with work and life. While in America or another western country, it is likely that Lao people will adapt to their way of life and that's normal.

IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #4 - 4th Jan, 2010 at 4:23am

This guy is very Angry, and don't know much about Laos,
Please don't generalise every girl in Laos would do that! I am think that you probably got hurt by a Laotian girl before and try to used this forum to let out your steam.
Do think the Laotian girl in The West don't do what local girl do? I think not!   I know you have been discriminated by the White all you life and I am sure you still get that.... being racist to your own that is unforgivable.

View Profile  
IP Logged

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #5 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 10:26am

Thanks Buck Tee, for dop by......What's up mate?
You are about 44 yrs old right, Lao-Australian-Communist, and claimed to have a degree in what field? let me, make it clear for you, since you got 2 eyes but could not see. Read the topic and subject what did it saying? Don't get mad ok.... I knew you do. Look at it. Read it and try to understand "what is he doing?". Deep.

Thanks again, I have nothing to against you. you can be the communist living in west is norm by the laws.

Most lao ppl never admitted about bad or negative things in their lives times that much. This is Fact. Why some of us are living in the 3rd countries instead of living in Laos? use your brain in good maner Ok.

Be kind to those who kind to you,
     Lao bor kai Zard( sell only used car)

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #6 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 12:16pm

Hi Used car sales man

Firstly. I don't get angry(Angry is mean weakness)I get even mate! I put all these Subject up just to pees your off. you just like a fish to me all I have to do just show that bait and you just got hook.

I guest that the only job you can get right now in the USA with this economic ruin in your not so great adopted country.

Let me reply a few of your commons on the last post!
I am not 44 years old mate. if you read and add up all the years that I have gone through. you should know how old am I!(Do you want my finger to count?) I wonder how can you get to be a used car salesman. because you can't add number mate.
I can't be a communist because I am in business for over 20 years now.  I don't have a big degree to show you but I have over 20 people working for me that holding master degree.
I have 2 eye and also have so many experiences in life than you. I have gone through what your parent has gone through. I understand that you angry because you parent has lose every things they own and the suffering. (I was there too) Most of the high and low rank in power now have nothing to do with what happened 35 years ago. The Laotian there now have nothing to do with happened too. Please don't look down on them

Look at the country now and compare to 35 years ago. I would say, the people now is a lot happy that before. they have a peaceful environment to live in.(No war)
Have many Highway and the telecommunication is 100% better than before.
They are many building have gone up, The banking system is almost good and we have a privately own Laos-bank that have branch in all the city. this is one of the main point,Laos is not a communist any more.
you are making so much remark about racism here. Surely you have gone to that racist in your life in USA. When those white or the black say that kind of remark to you over there. How would you feel? Laos is full of many ethics race live in together. I would welcome everyone come to help build Laos. Have a nice

View Profile  
IP Logged

Jason
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Interested to know more
about Laos...

Toronto, Canada
Reply #7 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 12:27pm

Wow...you guys are pretty serious and sensitive people...lol

View Profile  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #8 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 4:04pm

Don't worry Jason,

They are just VENTING their anger about what happened 35 years ago.
No Harm.

I'm still upset but I have moved on...I'm living a better life today than if I were to be in Laos still.  We must learn to FORGIVE, but NEVER FORGET! Cool

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #9 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 11:35am

There's no doubt that the older generation will never forget the hardships suffered by themselves and their families during the war, but many have moved on by now and it's no longer a hot topic in their daily conversations.

The new generation like myself who never witnessed the atrocious events in Lao history are lucky, but at the same time I have empathy towards my fellow Laotians who were caught up in the war then were treated unjustly in Thai refugee camps.

IP Logged

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #10 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 6:31pm

I know what am I doing....I didn't born yesterday, Hot or Cold, Respect or Disrespect I knew. You had said: You and your comrades had created this website for "all walk of lives " feel free to join and purpose on the aboard said ( DISCUSSION ABOUT LAOS ) to me; I understood, Round and Clear............(
its not about me or Buck Tee
) correct me if I'm wrong?

Purpose of my intention : Want Laos to be Free
Poor or Rich we are Laotians. We need to stand on ours feet. If we can't do it then we have no pride of our own.
Look at East Germany.

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #11 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 10:12pm

Hi Wantlaotobeindependen!

I am glad,I have contributed to your understanding. You are attract people that have nothing to do with what happened long time ago.Please let "by gone be by gone" I am sure Laos will be free the short distance future. We have many Laos Student study aboard right now. these people will come home will education and new idea and they will be the people in power in the future. Please be patient!  This are the Website:
http://lss.awardspace.info/
http://www.freewebs.com/laostudents/index.htm
http://www.laostudents.blogspot.com/
http://www.laos.embassy.gov.au/vtan/AusAID_14-01-2008.html
I am sure this students will come back with a knowledge and new Idea. You and me is old now let the young fly.We just set back and relax....I am very sure,we will live to see Laos be free and prosperous!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #12 - 8th Jan, 2010 at 3:19am

After 35 years, I'm starting to get impatient.

We weren't waiting for the young to learn and get educated. We were waiting for the hard line communist to finally die and now they did, well most of them anyways. Now power is finally being shifted and the Laos Berlin wall is starting to crumble, the flood gates are about to open.

I don't mean to be negative but I've seen the students in laos and they need another 35 years just to catch up with the rest of the world. They pay for their grades if they are rich, they don't earn them. They drool over my western degree, and idolize anyone who carries a laptop. I'm a realist not a dreamer, nor am I willing to wait to see what others will do with my future. The people in Laos can't take control of their own destiny cause they can't even vote for their own gov't. Most can't or don't have a computer nor internet. It is not that the people in Laos are getting smarter, it is the commies who are dying and losing power that is "freeing up" the country. Foreign investment is what's developing the country and they are milking the profits while the Lao are still poor. We can't help them with our western views, they are too stubborn to listen to us even though we've been all over the world and most of them haven't even stepped foot out of their hometown in Laos. (One family asked my dad if he would take them to the north of laos cause they've never been, yet they've lived in Laos their whole life, they didn't know how to go.)

I'll ask this again, where are all the so called educated lao youths on this internet board? All I see is us Lao westerners and the Admin, bickering over these same issues that have not changed for over 35 years.

My father's friend in laos wants me to bring his daughter here to the west to study. I told him she would cry if I brought her here cause she wouldn't be able to survive. They would eat her alive, and you all know it.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 8th Jan, 2010 at 5:20am

Lao students need another 35 years to catch up with the rest of the world is way over exaggerating.

Most Lao people have stepped out of their hometown, maybe they just haven't been to northern Laos. I'm sure you haven't seen many parts of America either.

I don't think any Lao youths will want to see this internet board if you look down on them like a neanderthal.

IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #14 - 8th Jan, 2010 at 5:40am

Hi Admin

I agree with you. I would expect around 5-10 the living of the people will change to be better and about 15 year. most of the Young gun will be in power! And I am so happy that I will live to see Laos going to be prosperous! by that time I probably retire and can freely stay in Laos to lent my helping hand.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 0 1919 Last Post 21st Apr, 2024 at 12:52pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 291100 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 87194 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 138855 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 75215 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 51811 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77932 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61220 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48419 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43566 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum