Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Why Laotian in the west think local Laotian dumb (Read 17791 times)

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Why Laotian in the west think local Laotian dumb
4th Jan, 2010 at 3:48am

Firstly, I have to apology to for start this Subject! I don't mean to offence anyone.

Do you think if Local Laotian have a opportunity have the same education like you
Do you think if they have a job like you
If they do have that chance...I don't think they can do any worst than you and I. As matter in fact. They could maybe excel than you and I. because their environment is different to us in the West.

Just want to leave a thought that, please don't ever think you are better than them!!!!!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Why Laotian in the west think local Laotian dumb
Reply #1 - 4th Jan, 2010 at 8:05am

I think that everybody has skills and abilities wherever they live. You don't have to be a rocket scientist.

Some people don't have a great education but they were born with natural ability. Some people have a masters degree but they cannot hold a job. Some people are quiet achievers who don't like to show off, so people think they are dumb.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #2 - 5th Jan, 2010 at 4:48am

This is very wise thought and I hope you continue to do a good job here. Could I ask you how to attach more than one photos in this forum? I want to attach more photo and Video about Laos people who live here! I understand if you want to save space here!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 5th Jan, 2010 at 10:33pm

If you have photos that you would like to share on Lao Pride, you can upload it in your message area or you can save it on another server and link to it in your message.

You can use a video sharing site such as YouTube to store your video files and link to it because they are big files and will put too much pressure on our server.

IP Logged

Want Laos To Be Independence
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #4 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 10:38am

Hay Buck Tee, most of Lao-US, we knew, we ain't think like you.
The subject you put up here is you are the one, Don't get mad at me. Look at it, what's you put up there... look at it real good Ok and think deep inside of who the hell are you,30 yrs ago where you were, NK or NkP, then think back at the time you and your family while cross over the Mengkok river.

I knew what am I doing......

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #5 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 7:22pm

"Why Laotian in the west think local Laotian dumb?"  

That's a loaded question and also provocative!  And a "generalization" if not ASSUMPTION!!

Can I ask where did you get that information that Laotians in the west think Local Laotians are dumb?  Was there a survey or poll done recently? Was it on CNN news or some national magazine?  Is this something that is widely publicized on TV?
There are a lot of Laotians in Australia. Australia is WEST of asia, and Mr. Tee, you live in Australia, do you not? Do most of the people you know in Australia THINK like that?  Is this something you experienced yourself.  

I am a Laotian born living in America and I do not THINK local Laotians are dumb.  Unfortunately given the political, social and economic environment that they are in, most do NOT have the opportunity to learn, or some that are smart their parents can NOT afford to send them to further their education.  Also, for those that do learn, the education level MAY NOT be at the standards compared to western countries or Japan and China.

Yes it is true they do NOT have the opportunities like Laotians in USA, Australia, Canada, France...etc.  But to "think" or say that they are dumb...is PURE IGNORANCE!  I'm not calling you ignorant Mr. Tee, but for anyone to openly state local Laotians are dumb...that is ignorance!

Just my opinion.

"Spread peace NOT war!"

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #6 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 10:17pm

I'm glad you think that way! I put those subject up just like to catch someone attention.That someone is surely is not you. if you read all my post you would know what I mean and how I feel about it!
As I have apology in the beginning I did not mean to offence anyone.

View Profile  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd

I Love Laos!

Reply #7 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 12:55am

If it was just for discussion..That's ok ບໍ່ເປັນຫຍັງລຸງ

About me - I was born in Pong Keng, dad's family from Nong Bon.  I left Laos in 1978 at the age of 8 and went back to visit Laos in 07'.  I grew up here in USA and educated here. Even though I am here, I still miss my homeland, ບ້ານເກິດພໍແແມ່. 

Even thought I don't agree with the political, social and economic idealogy, I still feel for my fellow Laotians and what they have to live with daily. I still have a half sister in Lak 31..and they live poorly.

I have no hatred towards the government, b/c old government did NOT do much anyways.  SELFISHLY, I GLAD there was what I call "change in government".  Otherwise I would not be here in USA, with education, good job and anything I can buy.

But I just wish the Lao government do more for the people! I visited in 2007, I had tears of joy and sadness. I had real tears, glad to have come home..but sad to see that people are still living below poverty.

I will visit again when my children are older. I will never forget my heritage and culture.  I have learned to FORGIVE but NOT FORGET!

I have learned to move on..and live a better life here in USA.

Kob jai.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #8 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 1:25am

I am so glad! They are still a lot of us out there! although, I am in my early 50. I just wait for my Children to finish their education. I would start planing my move back to Laos. I would try to do my best for the country on my retirement. I was born in Savannaketh and grow up not far from Pon Keng. I used to walk through the army camp to find Noa mae(bamboo) with my best friends there. it's a hard time but also a membrane time. as always reflect what I have achieve here. I do hope, one day when you have done your parent duty would consider what I've plan to do.
I am one of the lucky one(although I don't belief in luck) to have such a good wife an children. I always make my children work hard for what they have.,but I have fall as a Laotian not make them learn about Laos language. I have took them back for 3 time now. since than, my little one have started interested about Laos and asking me to speak Laotian to her. I know they would never want to live in Laos.at least I have done my best duty to let them not to forgot who their really are!

View Profile  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd

I Love Laos!

Reply #9 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 1:41am

When I say "FORGIVE BUT NOT FORGET"...please know my father died in the war. He fought and died for his country! He is my HERO!

There is someone on Youtube "Sengoku17" - Lao communist: Here is his page on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sengoku17?blend=2&ob=1

He call people like my father a "ປະຕິການ" Why?  If someone fight for their beloved country, fight against invading enemy, give up their life to defend their homeland...why call them a "ປະຕິການ"

To me..if someone fight to defend country, defend the people and DIE for their country, That person is a HERO and a PATRIOT!

ເປັນຜູ່ຣັກຊາດ

Enough about politics! I only join laopride.com yesterday.. so a Late Happy New Year to everyone!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #10 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 1:51am

It's only a propaganda video. I would take much notice with that! you dad is my hero too. but war can't never resolve any thing.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #11 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 1:54am

Do we determine if someone is dumb by what they do, or how much they earn? Many labourers earn more money than the professionals sitting in an office with a suit and tie.

If a person is doing nothing in their life because she needed to stayed at home every day to look after her sick single mother, many people wouldn't say the person is dumb. So the meaning of "dumb" can vary depending of the circumstances.

Many visitors have mixed emotions when they return home. In this environment, everyone seems rich to me with motorbikes and mobile phones, but when you're from the outside looking in you can probably see clearer that Laos is poor.

IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd

I Love Laos!

Reply #12 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 1:59am

Yes..I know and understand it is only propaganda. "Sengoku17" was raised under communist education...of course he would call all others "ປະຕິການ" or "ລູກປະຕິການ"

Sengoku17 loves Laos and I believe he will DIE to defend Laos just as my father loved Laos and DIED defending Laos!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 2:32am

BorLeumBanGerd, there will always be opposite sides because war brought it upon us.

Your dad's bravery goes beyond words because he sacrificed his life in defending Laos. He is a true hero and we are grateful that you have forgiven.

IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #14 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 2:37am

Hi Admin

I Put the subject up just to get one person attention and I have achieved that already!

I don't judge anyone by the education or class. I judge it my the behaviour and the way the treat the people.
A girl sacrificed her life to look after her love one that is most of all scarification! I won't class her as dumb. 

The people have lot of money and don't know how to manage it will end up in poor soon or later.
Laos people need the knowledge and education that can never finish! Like in the west said" Knowledge is power"

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78331 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248722 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133061 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69756 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47402 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73886 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57517 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45354 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40944 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33937 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum