Poll Poll
Question: Do you want to invest your $300,000 in Laos

« Created by: Tee on: 23rd Jan, 2010 at 2:52am »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
If we could be come Indochina!!!!!!!!!! (Read 8850 times)

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Do you want to invest your $300,000 in Laos?
Reply #15 - 23rd Jan, 2010 at 2:52am

Let do this Poll and present it to the people going to make this new law!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Re: If we could be come Indochina!!!!!!!!!!
Reply #16 - 14th Feb, 2010 at 2:27am

It's been very quite lately for this forum! I still want to make this subject stick! Anyone have any kind for opinions? Let start give me the reason why shouldn't we! and explain why? Please don't give a reason with a silly explanation!

View Profile  
IP Logged

macro
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #17 - 24th Feb, 2010 at 1:20pm

Funny though, as an outsider most of the Laos say that Laos are lazy and stupid, they are so lazy to grow their own and import vegis from Thailand.
  I TOTALLY DISAGREE.
They're lazy because they can afford to be lazy, the land is fertile and basic neccessity is abundant.
Laos envy on other countries like China, Japan US VN  etc...
Do you know that Most Japs has no enough to eat that's why they live so long (if you eat lass you live longer).
China is so polluted cancer is widespread, VN is catching up.
US's democracy is dicated by big coporations and most people work like slaves (except lawyer and docs).
Every country is try to industrialise, there will be so much competition that country can't make enough profit to feed their population.
The future is agriculture and natural resources, which Laos still has plenty, the best thing is Hydro electricity, you guys sits on a gold mine and not realising it.
Because of the nature and culture of the people, you guys are lucky to escape the blood bath in the Indochina war.
Be content and happy that is what I found in most people in Laos, as for those oversears Laos, I think you are somehow corrupted by the evil of capitalism. (Don't get me wrong I only like communist that are DEAD), look around you, there is no more communist even North Korea is openning up.
Let's hope Lao escape the evil of extreme capitalism.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #18 - 25th Feb, 2010 at 12:26am

Good dye mate!

I was just wondering where you  get your info from? Can you give us some links to verify your statements, otherwise they don't really have any substance, you know what I mean...

"They're lazy because they can afford to be lazy, the land is fertile and basic neccessity is abundant."
Can you tell me why Lao people are malnutritioned? You are correct that they are not lazy, they just don't have anything to do, no jobs, no money to do anything.
http://laos.wvasiapacific.org/documents/laos_fs_0708.pdf

"Do you know that Most Japs has no enough to eat that's why they live so long (if you eat lass you live longer)."
You mean if I starve and become anorexic I won't die but live longer than someone who eats a healthy diet? No wonder those ethiopians don't eat. The japanese have plenty to eat, they just don't have the money to buy meat cause it's expensive so they savour it. Maybe you've never seen a sumo wrestler?

"China is so polluted cancer is widespread"
I didn't know there was a direct corellation between cancer and polution. I didn't think cancer cared if you lived in a clean or dirty environment.

"US's democracy is dicated by big coporations and most people work like slaves (except lawyer and docs)."
Welcome to corporate america. Let me know of a country that is not influenced by their wealthiest citizens. I get paid to work, I could also collect unemployment or welfare or a gov't loan to go to school. Slaves are the ones in China making $1 a day in the sweat shops and then get kicked out onto the streets when the US economy slows down and stops buying Chinese cheap goods.
http://chinadigitaltimes.net/china/laid-off-workers/

"Every country is try to industrialise, there will be so much competition that country can't make enough profit to feed their population."
You might want to take a look at Canada.

"The future is agriculture and natural resources, which Laos still has plenty, the best thing is Hydro electricity, you guys sits on a gold mine and not realising it."
Too bad it doesn't belong to the Laos people, anymore.
"Thailand is the primary investor in the hydroelectric sector; Australia, Denmark, Finland, Japan, Norway, and Sweden also have companies with interests in various projects."
http://countrystudies.us/laos/78.htm
http://laovoices.com/2010/01/14/commercial-logging-causes-serious-deforestation/
http://articles.latimes.com/2004/feb/29/news/adfg-eden29

"Be content and happy that is what I found in most people in Laos"
"Baw pen nyang"
http://www.laopride.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1263695351

"there is no more communist even North Korea is openning up"
I have been waiting for over 30 years for Laos to be "opening up".
The only thing North Korea is opening up is another nuclear facility like Iran.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #19 - 25th Feb, 2010 at 12:46am

You guys have got to get yourself together.  You don't need to invest $300,000 in Laos.  Use your head.  Here's a simple solution.  If you have relatives in Laos, make sure to put land/property under their names.  That is the only loophole.  It even states it in the Custom Services in any Embassy.  If you marry a Lao National you cannot own any property/land unless it's under his/her name.  If you don't have any family or relatives there, then you are out of luck.  

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #20 - 25th Feb, 2010 at 12:51am

Dude, you put land under someone elses name, even your relatives, might as well kiss it good bye. I have heard too many stories, perhaps you try it and let me know if you still have "your" land in Laos okay.
My grandmother has a lot of land in Laos. Now she has none. What do you think happend to it? There is a reason why Laos is still a cash based society.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #21 - 25th Feb, 2010 at 1:20am

I understand all your concern about Laos.  I wouldn't worry about it too much, the country is in fact slowly changing.  First step is opening the doors to the world, second step was last year's SEA GAME host to give our country hope and recognition.  You guys don't see it? The current system is failing and getting closer to full future Democracy.  The only country I'm more concerned about is the alliance with North Korea.  Of all the country Vietnam, China, why NK??  North Korea is beyond Communism, it's dictatorship at it's best.  There's no hope for the people there.  Most have been brainwashed/or just too afraid to stand up...with automatic execution. Laos is not like that I don't know why they associated themselves with NK. I made a post about North Korea to state my point on youtube "tribute to Laos army", this hardcore sengoku14 (100 % brainwashed idiot kept deleting my post).  I sent him a message regarding the issue never responded.  He must be afraid or something.  Just keep your minds/ears open, people are in control not the government. This goes for everyone.  Remember 911?   The terrorist attack was a setup by our own government. I knew that was fixed, and so did the world.  Government should never have that much power over the people.

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #22 - 25th Feb, 2010 at 1:34am

Buk Hoo Kee, I understand you pretty well.  I'm pretty sure a lot of what you are saying is true since there are still corrupt officials in Laos.  But, all I'm saying is currently you can document everything that you do when you live there.  That is why technology is at it's best today.  The corrupt officials cannot hide much of anything that people do now and days due to fear of being exposed since they opened the doors to the world.  Many many years ago some of my family did lose land.  I'm talking about the present, my family still has land, nothing has been taken from them.  I sent them money every month since I cannot go there at the moment. I call them to check up on them and their well being, they usually keep me posted what's going on in Laos.  I'm not worried.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #23 - 26th Feb, 2010 at 6:29am

macro wrote on 24th Feb, 2010 at 1:20pm:
Funny though, as an outsider most of the Laos say that Laos are lazy and stupid, they are so lazy to grow their own and import vegis from Thailand.
 I TOTALLY DISAGREE.
They're lazy because they can afford to be lazy, the land is fertile and basic neccessity is abundant.
Laos envy on other countries like China, Japan US VN  etc...
Do you know that Most Japs has no enough to eat that's why they live so long (if you eat lass you live longer).
China is so polluted cancer is widespread, VN is catching up.
US's democracy is dicated by big coporations and most people work like slaves (except lawyer and docs).
Every country is try to industrialise, there will be so much competition that country can't make enough profit to feed their population.
The future is agriculture and natural resources, which Laos still has plenty, the best thing is Hydro electricity, you guys sits on a gold mine and not realising it.
Because of the nature and culture of the people, you guys are lucky to escape the blood bath in the Indochina war.
Be content and happy that is what I found in most people in Laos, as for those oversears Laos, I think you are somehow corrupted by the evil of capitalism. (Don't get me wrong I only like communist that are DEAD), look around you, there is no more communist even North Korea is openning up.
Let's hope Lao escape the evil of extreme capitalism.

No one or country can afford to be lazy and Stupid. It's doesn't matter how rich you are one day your fund and luck will run out. you have to train you population to be lean and mean also smart,not stupid and lazy!.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Angakkuq
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Switzerland
Reply #24 - 26th Feb, 2010 at 5:44pm

Heya Folks

Money - I myself have none - but, may soon be working in Laos for a better future for Laos.....  Wink

Happy Greez Angakkuq

Treat the Earth and all that dwell thereon with respect.
View Profile WWW  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #25 - 26th Feb, 2010 at 8:50pm

Are you Swiss or are  you Lao-Swiss? I apologize for my curiosity, for the reason you are interested in working in Laos.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Angakkuq
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Switzerland
Reply #26 - 1st Mar, 2010 at 4:46am

Heya
Yes, I'm Swiss - 100%
The theme --life in Europe-- is just a little bit difficult for me, it no longer fits. But then one has to seek the possibility of a new place in the world.
Greez Angakkuq

Treat the Earth and all that dwell thereon with respect.
View Profile WWW  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #27 - 1st Mar, 2010 at 6:16am

how about North Korea? LOL

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #28 - 1st Mar, 2010 at 11:32am

Hi Angakkuq

Swiss is the best social welfare system in the world! you said you no longer fit in your society. there is something very fishes about your social behaviours.
I can see the report about westerner going to  South-East Asia as Sex tourist and some are going there to molester the young children(Paedophile) if you are one of the Sex tourist than I think you better off going to Thailand or Philippine. That would be better in value and better choice for you, but if your are the last one, I've mention. You are not welcome to any of the country specially Laos!      
Laos is maybe lack of this kind of Law and order, but if you get caught, they will kill you there.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 0 1510 Last Post 21st Apr, 2024 at 12:52pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 290764 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 86970 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 138658 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 75037 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 51664 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77804 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61104 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48329 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43488 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum