I Love Laos!

travel lao for 1 week
19th Jan, 2010 at 5:06pm

what the best schedule for travel for 1 week in laos

any recomendation

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Re: travel lao for 1 week
Reply #1 - 19th Jan, 2010 at 10:38pm

1st day: get on the plane and travel for 23 hrs.

2nd day: lose 12hrs from travelling back in time, rest and take some imodium or else get diahrea for the remaining trip

3rd day: shave your head and become a monk at the temple

4th day: wake up at 5am and go for alms walking barefoot with other monks

5th day: disrobe from being a monk, eat some Laosy food with flies infested

6th day: hand out money to all your poor relatives that followed you around since you stepped off the plane, and tell them that you will be back every year but you really can't cause you don't have enough vacation time off from your labour job

7th day: get back on the plane for another day long trip with suitcases full of pirated stuff that will get you detained at customs

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #2 - 19th Jan, 2010 at 11:23pm

Haaaaaa............ha......

Hi BHK

Come on... give this guy a break.... I think he just wants to visit Laos.. Apart from all the things BHK listed above..you can do a lot of thing there....I would suggest you not to stay with your relative there. just check in a hotel($25-$50 a night) It's should make any hole in you pocket. Vientiane is very small compare to where ever you come from. Check out on some of the website. it's should be a enjoyable 7 days for you.

View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #3 - 20th Jan, 2010 at 8:54am

Agreed with buk hoo kee. Are you kidding me? 7 days vacation in Laos is a waste of time and money. If you are planning to go to Laos take at least 3 weeks.  But good luck on your trip.

View Profile  
IP Logged

samilux
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #4 - 20th Jan, 2010 at 12:52pm

sorry ask the wrong forum here 1000 apologies now i knew here hv so many pain in arses members haha do like the suggestions shave my head become monk  Kiss cant go there being a lao rock star i guess. maybe beggar can be choser

View Profile  
IP Logged

Worthless Laotian Refugee
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #5 - 20th Jan, 2010 at 7:02pm

Sabailee Phor Mair Pee Nong Zao Lao,
Koy man kon tai pakse;

Hi there,
I am new to this website, I am laotian living in the dumpster, I am very poorman,my wife and kids lelf me so now I am homeless. I'm want to go back home; ($300,000)!!!! that more than my life insurance.

Q? If I have only $300 can I go back to Laos?

Pee Nong Zao Lao Er Hen Chai karn Dair....Kon Jon Jon Tair Dai

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #6 - 21st Jan, 2010 at 1:13am

Hey man, we all gots to just laugh at it all. In the west, time is money. I get 3 weeks paid vacation, I need to make the most of that time. When I went to Laos, I had 2 weeks. Four days were wasted from just travelling there and back on a plane cause of time differences also, not to mention the duration of the flight itself from overseas. So I technically only had 10 days in Laos where I planned to go everywhere, wrong! It took us 12hrs just to travel from Vientiane to Luangprabang by bus, 300km. You could take the plane but I would recommend life insurance first. Even taking the bus I thought I was going to either die of listening to mor lum karaoke for 12hrs or crashing off the cliffs since the road was that narrow. In America I can travel 300km in less than 3hrs. I went to see the caves where the buddha statues were, across the river by boat and this ended up being an all day trip also. I later walked up that mountain view point with all them stairs and ended on the other side where the Kings old palace was, this killed another day. Ride the bus back another 12 hrs to vientiane and then I was too tired to keep going. Planned to go down south to pakse but never made it. Not enough time, not enough energy to sit on those long bus rides. If you want to visit Laos, expect to be visiting the land before time, cause they still use sun dials here.

So you want to go to Laos with just 7 days, then you will only have 3 real days if you coming from the west. Just enough to recover from the jet lag, eat some sticky rice, then go back. I'd say you're better off going to Vegas for a weekend cause you know what they say, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 286441 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85762 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137642 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74102 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50903 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77140 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60508 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47820 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43054 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35524 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum