Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Selling Lao-style sandwiches on the streets (Read 6460 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Selling Lao-style sandwiches on the streets
30th Jan, 2010 at 4:27am

Morning breakfast in Vientiane, Laos.

laopride510.jpg

laopride511.jpg

laopride512.jpg

laopride513.jpg

laopride514.jpg

laopride515.jpg

laopride516.jpg

laopride517.jpg

laopride518.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Want Laos To Be Independence
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Re: Selling Lao-style sandwiches on the streets
Reply #1 - 30th Jan, 2010 at 4:26pm

Chao Em,

The bare hands(after came out from the restroom) with all the fly and dust, its much be very tasty for hungry folk, please do not leave any hair in my  sandwiches( a long hair would be Ok, but a little short and curve hair would adding more tasty in it  )
Wow,where can I get the Banh Mi (KhaoJeePatTay)like that in US?

Very nice pictures,( Please post some of your pictures)

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #2 - 30th Jan, 2010 at 9:06pm

I had some KhaoJeePatTay when I was there, it was goooood! As long as I don't know who's hand touched and where they've been or how many flies have landed on it, it's all gooooood! I just think of it as home made and that is my aunt and niece making it for me. I think KhaoJeePatTay is from the French influence. When I'm in chinatown, the vietnamese always have these stores that sell vietnamese subs which I call KhaoJeePatTay. They even got beef/chicken saute subs now, damm it's good! I would have KhaoJeePatTay in the morning while the bread is still fresh and drink soya drink in the glass, aaawww mannnnn, those were the days. I'll be in Laos again this year to taste that KhaoJeePatTay!

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 31st Jan, 2010 at 1:45am

Their hands are usually dirty because they touch money and other things and they never use gloves to make sandwiches, but Lao people are used to it.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Want Laos To Be Independence
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #4 - 31st Jan, 2010 at 4:13am

Not only they touch the money they also wiped theirs sandwiches too.
Without plastic gloves it's unclean.

Do you know the stuff(spread on sides of the bread) they put inside the sandwiche is look the same with the stuff that came out from yourself.......Look at it real good OK, 

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78051 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248639 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 132988 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69690 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47349 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73837 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57465 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45320 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40911 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33910 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum