Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Planning a trip to Laos... (Read 31862 times)

kindlerclan
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Re: Planning a trip to Laos...
Reply #15 - 21st Feb, 2010 at 6:16am

I cannot wait to visit Laos for my first time.  I know many Lao people here in US and they are so nice.  And I understand Laos is such a beautiful country.  I want to see!!!!!!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #16 - 22nd Feb, 2010 at 1:24am

Kindlerclan, We hope that someday you get the chance to visit Laos and experience a very different and incredible culture and way of life.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #17 - 24th Feb, 2010 at 8:12pm

I'm planning on going back as well, gotta help my villagers out to make sure they have enough food, clean water systems, health care, etc..The problem with a lot of Lao people  living in the US and various countries is that they take things for granted (stingy as hell, talking behind each others back, always showing off).  Make a difference in the world and start helping out.  I spent thousands upon thousands of dollars  out of my own pocket over the years trying to help our people as much as I can, still wasn't enough.  Stop talking about BMW and other high class bs.  The government officials has beautiful homes and nice vehicles, what has that accomplish for the country?  I don't mean to sound like a total jerk, but, I get pissed off when people get side tracked about the real problems our country is facing.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #18 - 24th Feb, 2010 at 11:09pm

I think we would all like to go back to Laos and "help" our own country but I cannot afford the $300,000 price tag that the so called commie lao gov't has imposed on lao outsiders. So tell me now who are the greedy lao people? By the way, you don't need to spend thousand of dollars to "help" Laos, you can help in other ways like teaching or volunteering.

Read the previous threads:
http://www.laopride.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1263939333

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #19 - 25th Feb, 2010 at 12:14am

I understand the price tag, but, I don't plan on owning any land/property.  If I had that $300,000 it's going toward the people not some property/land. I have family living there, and the land/property are under their names anyways...If they want to buy land/property it will be under their names.  Same thing when you marry a Lao woman, you can buy any land as long as it's under her name. Smiley  Look at the Lao customs, it even states it there...when you marry a Lao national you cannot own land unless it's under his/her name.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #20 - 26th Feb, 2010 at 2:23am

OMD wrote on 25th Feb, 2010 at 12:14am:
I understand the price tag, but, I don't plan on owning any land/property.  If I had that $300,000 it's going toward the people not some property/land. I have family living there, and the land/property are under their names anyways...If they want to buy land/property it will be under their names.  Same thing when you marry a Lao woman, you can buy any land as long as it's under her name. Smiley  Look at the Lao customs, it even states it there...when you marry a Lao national you cannot own land unless it's under his/her name.

There are many way to purchase the property the way to secure your investemt. I don't want to write it here....if you want to know just pm me.....

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #21 - 26th Feb, 2010 at 9:01pm

If you have a loop hole other than what is stated.  I'll contact you before I head over to Laos in the future.   I'll even stop by to say hello to the Admin if she's not too busy or shy. Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #22 - 1st Mar, 2010 at 11:45am

OMD wrote on 26th Feb, 2010 at 9:01pm:
If you have a loop hole other than what is stated.  I'll contact you before I head over to Laos in the future.   I'll even stop by to say hello to the Admin if she's not too busy or shy. Smiley

I have never been to Houay Xai, it's best way to go via Thailand? I mean fly to Chiangmai and take bus to Chiangkhong and cross the river to your home town?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk IIWJ
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

ThatLuang, Laos P.D.R.
Reply #23 - 1st Mar, 2010 at 5:14pm

Tee, I think those routes you mentioned are probably the best going to Houay Xai.  I had friends whom are from the States and went back to visit their hometown Houay Xai via VTE, they told me it was a trip of hell.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #24 - 1st Mar, 2010 at 9:58pm

I wonder anyone in this forum have done this trip via Chiangkhang,Thailand to Houay Xai? Please give me some tips on Do and don't! From Houay Xai to Loungprabang, What is the best option to travel?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Laosport
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Lao Luv Lao Last Longer

Boston
Reply #25 - 6th Mar, 2010 at 8:42pm

Hey I'm planning to visit Laos pretty soon to. I just got my passport. Yay!!
I heard a lots of good/bad things going on in Laos right now. So I decided to personally see and hear it myself on first hand. And I hope to tour all parts of Laos in 2 months.

Phoum Jai Pen LAO!
View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #26 - 7th Mar, 2010 at 8:38am

Laosport wrote on 6th Mar, 2010 at 8:42pm:
I heard a lots of good/bad things going on in Laos right now. So I decided to personally see and hear it myself on first hand. And I hope to tour all parts of Laos in 2 months.

Be prepared to do a lot of walking, bumpy rides, and more walking. Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Laosport
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Lao Luv Lao Last Longer

Boston
Reply #27 - 7th Mar, 2010 at 9:02pm

OMD wrote on 7th Mar, 2010 at 8:38am:

Be prepared to do a lot of walking, bumpy rides, and more walking. Smiley

Hey Thank you JackSpade for heads up. I have done a lots of research about Laos and now is time for me to goes and explore it.

Phoum Jai Pen LAO!
View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk IIWJ
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

ThatLuang, Laos P.D.R.
Reply #28 - 8th Mar, 2010 at 3:44pm

Sounds like your first trip back to Laos?  I can be wrong but judging by the way you asked questions... Must be a "virgin"..  Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Laosport
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Lao Luv Lao Last Longer

Boston
Reply #29 - 9th Mar, 2010 at 2:39am

Buk IIWJ wrote on 8th Mar, 2010 at 3:44pm:

Sounds like your first trip back to Laos?  I can be wrong but judging by the way you asked questions... Must be a "virgin"..  Grin

LOL..No Comment der..Koi just very meticulous when come to girls, cloths, cars and other than that I could care a little less.
What about you? Being to Laos frequently?

Phoum Jai Pen LAO!
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 287608 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85931 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137773 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74234 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 51001 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77224 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60593 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47887 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43111 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35563 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum