Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Lao girls in shopping mall (Read 74999 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Lao girls in shopping mall
1st Mar, 2010 at 1:33am

Laotian girls enjoying themselves in Vientiane's Morning Market shopping mall.

laopride662.jpg

laopride663.jpg

laopride664.jpg

laopride665.jpg

laopride666.jpg

laopride667.jpg

laopride668.jpg

laopride669.jpg

laopride670.jpg

laopride671.jpg

laopride672.jpg

laopride673.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

kindlerclan
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Re: Lao girls in shopping mall
Reply #1 - 1st Mar, 2010 at 2:52am

Lao girls are so beautiful and full of happy spirit. I only wish I could meet one of these angels.

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #2 - 1st Mar, 2010 at 6:25am

I'm curious who's taking these photos? Why do they always show provocative images of Lao girls? What does this accomplish? I see a set back not pride.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 1st Mar, 2010 at 6:51am

JACKSPADE, Our photographers. The girl is on show in a public shopping centre, so it's not meant to be provocative.

IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #4 - 1st Mar, 2010 at 10:29am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 1st Mar, 2010 at 6:51am:
JACKSPADE, Our photographers. The girl is on show in a public shopping centre, so it's not meant to be provocative.

Really Admin, I do understand you try to promote your introduction business here.  Lips Sealed

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #5 - 1st Mar, 2010 at 5:22pm

The photographers have no morals or shame whatsoever taking these photos with 5-10 year old kids in the background. Is zooming into her assets really necessary? This is the kind of behavior I see that will continue to tarnish our culture/tradition present and future. Thailand and the West are laughing at us right this moment, because, this is the best our country has to offer in disregards to our culture/tradition. I'm very disappointed.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk IIWJ
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

ThatLuang, Laos P.D.R.
Reply #6 - 1st Mar, 2010 at 5:28pm

laopride??? 5555555555 what's there to be priding about??  sad to see that lao culture/trend copying our neighbor thailand..  let's hope laos will not become the #1 destination for foreigner men. 

got to love that writing on her cut off jean short..."dont eat me".. hhhmmm

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 2nd Mar, 2010 at 5:28am

Buk IIWJ, I guess it's good to see a different performance other than the traditional Lao dancing all the time.

JACKSPADE, Boys in Laos are like that. Smiley

IP Logged

macro

I Love Laos!

Reply #8 - 2nd Mar, 2010 at 10:28am

How come me no see things like that when me was there ?
Sex does sells, it seems the whole world is too obsessed with sex, Lao finally catches up with the so call 'modern civilization'. How sad !

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #9 - 2nd Mar, 2010 at 8:28pm

I remember a while back, i had few instances, where our own people started speaking Thai to me instead our native language. This one lady kept rambling on in Thai, I had to politely ask her to stop and speak our native language. I guess I was irritated and annoyed by it.

In Thai airport as well, some Thai employees have similar problems. My parents spoke Thai to them to get information they respond back in broken English...my parents politely ask them to speak Thai, but, they kept responding back in English. What the hell's that about? Half of the things these 3 employees were saying I didn't even understand. We literally had to respond back in English (saying we don't understand you please speak Thai). We finally got a response in Thai. What a waste of valuable time just trying to communicate.

I don't know if this ever happen to any of you. It seems crap like this tend to happen to me. Sad

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #10 - 3rd Mar, 2010 at 12:32am

Hi JACKSPADE

I think Laos is inference by Thai a lot, because our boarder so close and  most of the Thing we used is import it from Thailand.
Younger generation will be always want to be different and the hormone will always make them want to do the opposite to the parent wants.

About Laos want to talk to you in Thai,I guess because they dress differently to the Local and you are not white. The probably think you are Thai. In case you don't know. Laotian is still a very consider and polite culture. I guess they just being polite to speak to you in Thai.

I had lived and work in Thailand for 12 months about 20 years ago. I know Thai people is rank second the most tricky people in South-East Asia.(Philippine 1st)in my book. I guess the reason they speak to you in English,because your parent is from North of Laos, most of the Laos from North have a very strong accent, when speak in Thai.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk IIWJ

I Love Laos!

ThatLuang, Laos P.D.R.
Reply #11 - 3rd Mar, 2010 at 4:08pm

JACKSPADE - I had a similar experienced in Laos..  I was out shopping with my cousin at the Morning Market "Talard Xaow", it was a hot day and didn't feel like follow her around.  I've told her I'll wait for her around food vendors and want to have a nice cold beerlao.  Trying not to be rude, I'd stand there patiently til she is done serving other customers.  Afterward she didn't even ask if I needed anything from her little shop and walked to the back to take her break.  I was like... euy.. euy.. jao kai beer yu bor??  Her eyes got big.. Cheesy and said.. kor tode der deal va jao man "yi poun"(japanese) hahahaha I was laughing out loud so hard and told her.. ga khon lao nee la..

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #12 - 3rd Mar, 2010 at 7:39pm

Tee, I understand what you are saying, but, our language should always be a priority since they are living in the homeland. In other words, speak your language first, if that doesn't work try Thai or other languages. You cannot make assumptions. I notice Lao people have bad habits doing just that. Let's use my mom for example. She assumed this guy was Chinese, she started talking crap about him, he responded back in Lao...boy oh boy, was she embarrassed. She deserved it.

As for the Thailand airport situation, i think the employees were ask to speak English mainly to learn as much as they can when communicating with tourists. I could be wrong there. But, Thai language is not hard to understand, same thing when we talk to them in our language. They could of spoken Thai back if they wanted to but they chose not to that is my point.

Buk IIWJ, people make too many assumptions.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 4th Mar, 2010 at 1:42am

Regarding language, When Thai tourists visit Laos, we are expected to speak Thai to them. And when Lao tourists visit their country, we are also expected to speak Thai to them.

http://www.laogirls.com/why-can-lao-people-understand-thai-language.html

IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #14 - 4th Mar, 2010 at 2:47am

OMD wrote on 3rd Mar, 2010 at 7:39pm:
Tee, I understand what you are saying, but, our language should always be a priority since they are living in the homeland. In other words, speak your language first, if that doesn't work try Thai or other languages. You cannot make assumptions. I notice Lao people have bad habits doing just that. Let's use my mom for example. She assumed this guy was Chinese, she started talking crap about him, he responded back in Lao...boy oh boy, was she embarrassed. She deserved it.

As for the Thailand airport situation, i think the employees were ask to speak English mainly to learn as much as they can when communicating with tourists. I could be wrong there. But, Thai language is not hard to understand, same thing when we talk to them in our language. They could of spoken Thai back if they wanted to but they chose not to that is my point.

Buk IIWJ, people make too many assumptions.

Laos shuld be using in the Laos for day to day use in Laos. but if we want Laos to be able to advance. we have to learn other languages. the whole world only about 28million(Include Isaan,Thailand) people who can speak Lao. Probabley only 7 million can read and write.  I don't know about you, Can you read and write Laos?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78455 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248753 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133081 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69774 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47421 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73902 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57531 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45365 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40961 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33943 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum