Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
to marry a laos lady! (Read 73374 times)

azzuccar
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

to marry a laos lady!
23rd Mar, 2010 at 10:12pm

hi! can you help me please. i have just returned to england after two weeks in laos. i have met a very nice straight laos lady and we have become married at her parents home (approved by the headman) but we did not register officially. she wants to come to england. we visited the usa embasssy in ventianne (they deal with all uk visa requests) she applied for a visitor visa which was declined. i realise that we will have to register the marrige officially and then she can apply again. can you tell me what can i do to speed up the application. i have been warned that it could take a year and cost 2000$ and being treated as a cash machine. should i give up? i am sending her 20,000 bahts a month to help her family? am i crazy? please be honest!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pankeo
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Re: to marry a laos lady!
Reply #1 - 23rd Mar, 2010 at 10:31pm

You known this girl for two weeks? I dont know but 20 thousand baht a month sounds crazy to me.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #2 - 23rd Mar, 2010 at 11:31pm

I guess it's true what they say, " a sucker is born every day ".
Actually I like this one, " a fool and his money are soon parted ".
This is as honest as I can be, without laughing, haha.

Just cause they are poor, doesn't mean they aren't scandalous.
By the way, just out of curiosity, do you own a BMW?

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

azzuccar
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #3 - 23rd Mar, 2010 at 11:39pm

hmmmm..........   the trouble is i beleive people.   a soft touch and a sucker!  thats me!    thanks for your honesty!   maybe i should enter a monastry!!!!!!    lol

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #4 - 24th Mar, 2010 at 12:25am

You can't really speed the process...you just have to wait and be patient.  Did you really know the girl for 2 weeks?  If this is the case you are screwed.  You jumped the gun way too soon bud.  I can guarantee you if you go through with this, the odds of her leaving you is 99% give or take 1-2  years.  Otherwise, give up your citizenship and remain in Laos.  Keep her there, and the marriage could last a lifetime.   Smiley
It's your call, there's still that 1% that she'll remain loyal to you for the rest of your life.  Be sure to keep me and everyone posted after 1-2 years okay?  

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #5 - 24th Mar, 2010 at 5:01am

Azzuccar, $2000 USD is actually not bad on average. Many foreigners pay $3,500 USD and more to run the marriage paperwork, and sometimes it takes 6 months.

But sending 20,000 baht ($590 USD) a month to help her family is definately crazy like Pankeo said. Most people earn 3,000 - 5,000 baht per month in Laos just to give you some information.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

macro
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #6 - 24th Mar, 2010 at 11:34am

I agree with Jackspade, leave her there and have a baby for a few years before get her to US, you might increase your odd to 20%, of course there is always exceptions, always someone win lotto, howcome never me or someone that I knew win ?
It's not love, it's the hormone that does the trick. Good luck !

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk IIWJ

I Love Laos!

ThatLuang, Laos P.D.R.
Reply #7 - 24th Mar, 2010 at 2:58pm

c'mon guys.. give the man a break!!! Smiley he probably had the best time of his life in that 2 weeks span.  she must of treat him like a king... i guess when you're in love and happy, money is no object..  $600 per month is a lot of $$$.. 

technically.. you can't get marry cause they do not give you a marriage license .. they call it engagement party..

as for getting her visa approve..  i've heard all kind of stories, some took only a month and some a year or two.. plus spending so much $$$ on pushing them papers around..   things haven't change that much in laos, if you push those papers along with some cash.. most likely your documents will get approve faster.

good luck Azzuccar!!!

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #8 - 24th Mar, 2010 at 5:52pm

Buk IIWJ wrote on 24th Mar, 2010 at 2:58pm:
c'mon guys.. give the man a break!!! Smiley he probably had the best time of his life in that 2 weeks span.  she must of treat him like a king... i guess when you're in love and happy, money is no object..  $600 per month is a lot of $$$..  

technically.. you can't get marry cause they do not give you a marriage license .. they call it engagement party..

as for getting her visa approve..  i've heard all kind of stories, some took only a month and some a year or two.. plus spending so much $$$ on pushing them papers around..   things haven't change that much in laos, if you push those papers along with some cash.. most likely your documents will get approve faster.

good luck Azzuccar!!!

You are absolutely right!!  Poor guy is probably stressing out right now. LOL

View Profile  
IP Logged

tewada
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I will be in Laos soon!

Reply #9 - 24th Mar, 2010 at 6:29pm

wow, 600 USD a month and this all obviously without any illegal pre-marital intimacy Wink !!!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk IIWJ

I Love Laos!

ThatLuang, Laos P.D.R.
Reply #10 - 24th Mar, 2010 at 7:51pm

tewada wrote on 24th Mar, 2010 at 6:29pm:
wow, 600 USD a month and this all obviously without any illegal pre-marital intimacy Wink !!!

yea.. i know eh!!  i can live comfortably with a budget of $600 a month. Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

azzuccar
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #11 - 24th Mar, 2010 at 11:50pm

pre-marital intimacy! i love that phrase! we did indulge!
thank you for all of your advice!  i was naive to think that it could work out. pity because i had a dream........

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #12 - 26th Mar, 2010 at 4:49am

This is a lesson for you to learn!
Next time use your big head to think not the little head between your legs! if you do used the little head to think, the out come always...this way.......

View Profile  
IP Logged

tewada
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I will be in Laos soon!

Reply #13 - 26th Mar, 2010 at 8:18am

Tee - you sound like a preacher!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #14 - 26th Mar, 2010 at 11:31am

tewada wrote on 26th Mar, 2010 at 8:18am:
Tee - you sound like a preacher!

I'm sorry to disappoint you! what make you think I am? I just a humble man. earning just a few dollars to survive each day.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78455 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248753 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133081 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69774 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47421 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73902 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57531 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45365 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40961 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33943 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum