Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
to marry a laos lady! (Read 73372 times)

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Re: to marry a laos lady!
Reply #30 - 31st May, 2010 at 12:30am

Alright, usually I don't say anything about topics like this but that's all I see on these boards all the time, White men looking for girls/women in asian countries. I'm not sure why these females are stupid enough to go for these guys cause most of them are bald and ugly. Maybe love is blind, well not in this case cause it seems to be very green.

I have seen all too often, asian women being "married" and taken away to their foreign husbands home country. They have no relatives or friends or anyone there for them to rely on except for their so called "spouse" that they just married. The white husband ensures that she has a baby so she doesn't run away and only serves him. She can't speak the language nor does she understand the laws so the only person she can rely on is this white man who needs to feel superior.

Search the web and you'll see sites for white men to meet/date/marry asian women from around the world. Why is that I wonder? The media has created this illusion that white men are the cream of the crop? So now all these creeps are after my sister. I dread the thought when I have a daughter, what will happen to her one day she is harrassed by this media created illusion that she is a sex object for white men.

Some people may think that I appear to be racist but I'm telling it like it is, the reality of what I've seen and to me, I think our Lao females deserve better than this. Sure I've seen interacial couples, I live in America, the melting pot. I just don't see "love" in these types of marriages that I've witnessed. Not talking about everyone, but that is just my personal experience, take it however you want. I think asian women especially Lao women have more of a choice instead of selling themselves short and being unhappy in the end.

These guys on here talk about having respect and love for these Lao women but you look at their actions and words and it is nothing of that sort.
Respect them means they have pre-marital sex with them.
Respect them means making empty promises to them.
Love them means they give them money.
Love them means taking them to their country and away from everyone that loves and cares for them.

I don't know about you guys but this sure sounds like prostitution rather than respect and love. Complaining about being ripped off? Saying that it's legit cause of the headman approval? Yeah, that's what most jon's try to do after they get busted in america, plead ignorance, how convenient.

The stupid thing about this whole thing is that these darn biatches will still never learn. Stop prostituting your daughters.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #31 - 31st May, 2010 at 2:36am

Buk Hoo Kee, I don't see anything wrong with the "bald and ugly" white men. It could be genetic or life in their country is very stressful, but they may be kind and caring from the inside.

Most Lao girls who enter into marriage with westerners come from poor families who see their marriage as a strategy to overcome poverty. It would be wrong to call them a prostitute, they just want access to a better life. We all want a good life.

In this day and age, looks isn't really important. A relationship involves money. You need it for a wedding, a new home, car, raising a baby etc.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Pat
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

southern france
Reply #32 - 31st May, 2010 at 11:07am

One three does not represent all the forest.
You judge people too far, sure some foreigners look after asian ladies to bring them home as a slave, but for me i lived 4 years with her familly, we did not have premarital sex, and she not closed at home at all, she does speak french fluently now and learning english,we do have a lot of relative, she is working and we go to Laos as often as we can.She is free and really beloved.
I never thought "buy" her, we spent more than one year to know each other.
Love have no border for me.

I agree with you if you think to protect Lao ladies from wedding business, from poor families they sacrifice their wedding to go with a foreigner ,in hope to send money to the parents.

Open a little more your eyes and you will see that every one is different, not only white , bad and ugly.  Wink

View Profile WWW  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Reply #33 - 31st May, 2010 at 3:27pm

Facts:
white + laos = non-laos
laos + laos = laos

How many Lao people are there in this world, 5 maybe 7 million world wide? And having non-laos children is supposed to help this how? And don't give me that crap of having the best of both worlds, it doesn't change the facts. Even most Lao kids here don't even speak Lao or know anything about Laos and their culture.

Admin, is the only way to get out of poverty is to marry a falung? Offering their daughter for marriage and demanding money may seem like a good strategy to overcome poverty, but it's still prostitution at the end of the day no matter how conveniently disguised it is.

I thought this was "Lao Pride" but every site that I go to about Laos is promoting westerners to go and marry/invest in Lao girls. How is this having pride in being Lao? The media has enticed asian women that by marrying white, their children become lighter skinned and that is desirable and that's why you see whitening cream being sold in these countries. Not wanting to have black hair, light brown skin, slanted eyes, doesn't this mean you don't want to be Lao anymore? Where is the pride in oneself then, where is the pride in being Lao? That is all I'm saying, have respect for yourself, have respect for being what you are, Lao.

One in three does not represent the forest but this forest is an endangered forest that needs preservation. If that tree falls in the middle of the forest, does it make a sound or is this a sign of things to come? One tree isn't significant?
I have nothing against you wanting the best that life has to offer and in this case, you agree with me that Lao women are the best choice. However, I'm not that naive as you are either to think that the world is all rosey and kind. I read the news everyday, and what do I see, the reality that this is still a white mans world, Isreal still in conflict in the Gaza strip, German president quits, China being pressured due to N Korean sinking incident, Japanese gov't criticised over US base in Okinawa. Why was it a big deal that the US had it's first black president you wonder? Why aren't there any asians in these gov'ts? Will we ever see an asian president/prime minister in these white countries? Isn't this world fair and just?

Does racism exist in this world, yes it does as long as there is more than one race. I can't help that I am Laos just like other people can't help what race they are, but I'm not going to throw out my self respect in being Laos. Can we co-exist, sure, and that is how to overcome racism, not by eliminating a human race. I often hear from people on this topic something similar to this, "be more open minded". Well I'm not that naive cause my mind is opened to the reality. What is wrong with having pride in oneself and being Lao with Lao? Is there something wrong with being pure Lao? Why are you people so negative and closed minded against me being pure Lao? If you say Lao women are the best and most beautiful then aren't you contradicting yourselves when you're saying interacial relationships are good. How does this benefit in creating more beautiful Lao women?

All these words that people may say about this topic may sound nice but in the end, the facts are the facts, no one can change that.
Keep it real, I'm Laos because my parents were both Laos and I'm grateful for that.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Pat
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

southern france
Reply #34 - 31st May, 2010 at 4:49pm

I understand you and i agree most of you said, but for me all people are human, i don't really care about the race, i just look what people say and do.
Of course you can be pride to be Lao, you must be.I don't deny my nationality, we cannot choose where we born.

I think that now, in 2010 we can't stay close in our country, we need to open to all the world.

As you said it's a real danger to promote asian ladies for "strangers" and promote a better life for who will marry to a "falung" and will be rich.

There are real love wedding with foreigners and Lao and all others "races" and the business one, which you are talking about.
I don't think you are naive, not at all, you frankly say what you think.

Lao ladies should know that life in france for example is not so fantastic as they think, life is more expensive, stressfull, french are not so  respecfull as they should be.
Maybe life is easier, more luxurious than in a house in Lao countryside (like where i lived) and i do understand who would like to change .

View Profile WWW  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #35 - 1st Jun, 2010 at 4:56am

Buk Hoo Kee, Demanding money is becoming a big part in modern day Lao culture because we have the so-called dowry.

Usually their parents don't have a say and it's the girls own decision to be in a relationship with westerners. Lao men and women marry each other every year in Laos, and just because a handful of Lao women choose to marry outside their race doesn't necessarily mean that they are a prostitute.

I'm glad that you are pure Lao and you are proud of who you are, but a mixed Lao person does not make them any less proud of their Lao heritage.

We all know that there are millions of Laotians living in Thailand today. Some consider themselves to be Thai and some say they are Lao. It really comes down to who you want to be.

IP Logged

Want Laos To Be Independence
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #36 - 1st Jun, 2010 at 7:53am

Sabai dee pi nong zao lao/ farang or mix half or quarter ....

Hay BHK, what's up  dog? what's going on fool?

I just came back from vacation in Thailand; been hanging out with the Red Shirt and Black Shirt.

Let me tell you guys some the thing: Most of our ppl are living in Thailand more than living in Laos. Estimate about 35-40 mil. Thai ppl call us Lao-Issaan and we call them Thai-Issaan. Red Shirts and Black Shirt 90% of them are Lao and some of them are Laotian from Laos with the Thai citizenship just piece of paper it ain't mean a shiit. They spoke with Viengchanh/ Savanh/ Sayyabury accent.

There are about 4 mil Laotians are living in Laos with the population about 7.2 mil mixing Vietnamese and Chinese.

On West side of the Mekong river, Thai ppl are alway look down to our ppl" Lao-Issaan and Lao", they calling us the Buffaloes,Uneducated,Ai Lao eat Padaek / sticky-rice  and all sort of things. And on East side Viet and Chinese are little difference[I have to give them a little credit].

I be wonder, when we are going to wake up to be  Independent and standing on our own feet.[ United Lao be one and for all ethnic Lao]

I wish you guy are open your eyes and ears...........
We [Our ppl been the Slave to the Rich and The Powerful Neighbors] for quite too long.

UDD leaders and Ex-PM Thaksin were using our ppl for theirs personal gain[ Tools ]. Sad Sad Sad, 88 dead but exactly were more than that numbers; alot had been missing.

50% in that Black Shirt were the real Ex-Patikan are living in Thailand and Laos. I wish we got support from the Lao-Communist in Laos......
but the UDD leaders had turned us down but Seh Daeng wanted to supporting us in one condition to be under his command.

At the end I came back home with the empty hand but I am very happy to see my ppl are standing up to fight for Democracy.

One day I hope we will be free.......

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal

I Love Laos!

Reply #37 - 8th Jun, 2010 at 9:32pm

Well said, buk hoo kee.  I agreed with your comments and opinions.  You are right on.  I went to DateinAsia.com and tried to contact either Lao girls or Thai girls as soon as I told them that I am a Laotian. Guess what? No reply or nothing.  How sad? They are definitely looking for a falung.  Go try create a name in DateinAsia.com if you don't believe me. That's all folks!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Reply #38 - 19th Jun, 2010 at 10:21pm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/18/color.blind.casting/index.html?hpt=...

This is the reality of the world. As long as there is this difference, people will continue to fight.

Buk Independence, I thought you died with buk red shirts in that last battle for bangkok. Why didn't you bring the AK-47's and them weapons of mass distruction from america? I wanted to go burn down bangkok too but I was too late. Most people don't understand why the redshirts are fighting. It is really a fight for respect between thai and laos. Like you said, there are many Lao people in thailand, mostly living in the esan area, northeastern thailand. The so called yellow shirts are snobby thai's who want to keep their power and keep looking down on Lao esan people. 80 fukcin people died and all they cared about was that their stoopid biatch of a mall that sells snobby asss clothing got burnt down, that's what pissses me off. Buildings and roads can be rebuilt, people cannot be brought back to life after they've been murdered by buk ha abhisit.

Yeah this is a fight about race, it's happening all over this god damm world. I will also fight for who I am until the very end. Red is the color of the old Laos flag, red is the color of the blood that has been spilt, red is the color that I feel.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #39 - 20th Jun, 2010 at 2:16am

Many years ago, there were political violence in Laos, now it's Thailand's turn. How sad that our world has come to this.

IP Logged

USA Joe

I Love Laos!

Reply #40 - 26th Jul, 2010 at 5:11am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 20th Jun, 2010 at 2:16am:
Many years ago, there were political violence in Laos, now it's Thailand's turn. How sad that our world has come to this.

yeah narrow minded fools will always hate on other races... i applause lao for taking some steps forward to embrace tolerance not like in years past.

oh. and. marrying girl from "laos" is cool. the innocent is still there for the most part

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78392 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248736 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133072 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69766 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47414 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73896 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57524 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45360 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40949 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33940 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum