Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Nong Seum Restaurant (Read 34714 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Nong Seum Restaurant
10th Aug, 2010 at 9:17am

Nong Seum Restaurant is probably one of the most popular restaurants in the Vientiane region, so it is worth a visit.

Around an hour by car from the central business district, Nong Seum offer a wide variety of foods and this type of restaurant mainly caters big groups or a family gathering. You have to go early, especially on weekends because spaces fill up quickly.

The locals like to go here to dine and enjoy the relaxed open air atmosphere. There's also some paddle boats, a ride costs 10,000 kips ($1.20 US) per hour.

laopride992.jpg

laopride993.jpg

laopride994.jpg

laopride995.jpg

laopride996.jpg

laopride997.jpg

laopride998.jpg

laopride999.jpg

laopride1001.jpg

laopride1002.jpg

laopride1003.jpg

laopride1004.jpg

laopride1005.jpg

laopride1006.jpg

laopride1007.jpg

laopride1008.jpg

laopride1009.jpg

laopride1010.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

USA Joe
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Re: Nong Seum Restaurant
Reply #1 - 10th Aug, 2010 at 4:34pm

Looks great, thanks!

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #2 - 10th Aug, 2010 at 10:35pm

Thank for posting the picture. Very nice place to eat and relax.

View Profile  
IP Logged

BlastSweep
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #3 - 23rd Aug, 2010 at 3:30am

I remember eating there, Loved it!

Laos361.jpg

View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang

Reply #4 - 23rd Aug, 2010 at 9:25am

Laos361.jpg

i guess these lao folks in the picture must be american-lao right? native Laotians usually dont eat breakfast, lunch and dinner all at once do they?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #5 - 23rd Aug, 2010 at 5:26pm

Food look so good and nice scenery. I am hungry.
Tongue

View Profile  
IP Logged

BlastSweep

I Love Laos!

Reply #6 - 25th Aug, 2010 at 12:24am

longhang wrote on 23rd Aug, 2010 at 9:25am:
i guess these lao folks in the picture must be american-lao right? native Laotians usually dont eat breakfast, lunch and dinner all at once do they?

My sister and I were the only Lao Americans there Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang

Reply #7 - 4th Sep, 2010 at 5:54am

BlastSweep wrote on 25th Aug, 2010 at 12:24am:

so these must be the lao middle class we are looking at then, HEY they eating that egg salad my mama makes once in a while. look good!

View Profile  
IP Logged

BlastSweep

I Love Laos!

Reply #8 - 6th Sep, 2010 at 4:56pm

longhang wrote on 4th Sep, 2010 at 5:54am:
BlastSweep wrote on 25th Aug, 2010 at 12:24am:

so these must be the lao middle class we are looking at then, HEY they eating that egg salad my mama makes once in a while. look good!

Yes, I would consider my family back home middle class, haha.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #9 - 6th Sep, 2010 at 11:17pm

BlastSweep, I don't doubt that your family in Laos is middle class. It's not a place for low class citizens.

To eat here, you need to bring a minimum of 500,000 kips ($60 US). The last time I went with a group of about 10, it costs us nearly 1 million kips ($120 US).

IP Logged

BlastSweep

I Love Laos!

Reply #10 - 7th Sep, 2010 at 12:23am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 6th Sep, 2010 at 11:17pm:
BlastSweep, I don't doubt that your family in Laos is middle class. It's not a place for low class citizens.

To eat here, you need to bring a minimum of 500,000 kips ($60 US). The last time I went with a group of about 10, it costs us nearly 1 million kips ($120 US).

Wow, I don't recall it being that expensive at all! Luckily, my cousin was friends with the owner so we ate for free!

I did go to a different restaurant that was ridiculously expensive called Vientiane Seafood. It was actually quite good, we indulged way too much and had a bill of $200 dollars for 4 people in a private room. Service was great, I guess they could tell my sister and I were American so they put on American country music (though I would have greatly preferred the music that they were playing, because I hate country music).

Thinking about the food really makes me miss Laos. Hey admin, I can't remember the name of a huge buffet-style restaurant that was always very crowded at night. It was a outdoors, but was really nice and covered and over water. Do you know what restaurant I'm thinking of?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #11 - 7th Sep, 2010 at 1:41am

You need to order a variety of dishes so they all add up.

I tend to like buffet-style restaurants because they have a flat fee. You can eat anything you like, and you can eat as many as your stomach can handle.

Maybe you are referring to a popular buffet-style restaurant called "Lobieng Lom". They also have barbeque and steamboat-styled foods at your table, where you can cook your own food.

IP Logged

BlastSweep

I Love Laos!

Reply #12 - 7th Sep, 2010 at 5:16am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 7th Sep, 2010 at 1:41am:
You need to order a variety of dishes so they all add up.

I tend to like buffet-style restaurants because they have a flat fee. You can eat anything you like, and you can eat as many as your stomach can handle.

Maybe you are referring to a popular buffet-style restaurant called "Lobieng Lom". They also have barbeque and steamboat-styled foods at your table, where you can cook your own food.

If you like buffets, you need to see the ones they have in Las Vegas!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 7th Sep, 2010 at 5:50am

I've heard about Las Vegas, there's many choices of food and drinks are free.

In Laos, you have to pay extra for drinks, even if it's just a glass of water.

IP Logged

USA Joe

I Love Laos!

Reply #14 - 7th Sep, 2010 at 7:37am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 7th Sep, 2010 at 1:41am:

I liked Labieng Lom. Cooking your own food tend to take long.... I prefer the already made items.

labienglom1.jpg (205 KB | )
labienglom1.jpg
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78260 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248699 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133029 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69741 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47380 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73864 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57503 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45342 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40928 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33924 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum