Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What's the high demand jobs and careers in Laos? (Read 31874 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: What's the high demand jobs and careers in Laos?
Reply #15 - 12th Aug, 2010 at 2:58am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 11th Aug, 2010 at 10:55pm:
Lao Lan Xang, It varies because teacher salaries in Laos are mainly determined by their qualification, years of experience and function performed (type of teacher and level).

Primary teachers earn around 600,000 kip ($70 US) per month these days.

In the U.S. Some people make about $160 before taxes, in one day working about 8 hours. Now I feel bad spending too much money on useless stuff. But now it's also hard to find jobs in the US because of bad economy.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #16 - 12th Aug, 2010 at 4:11am

That's alot of money.

I think that teaching children is an easier job than cleaning the streets out in the heat. Teachers in Laos go home to relax and have lunch in the afternoon, and they don't need to return to class if they don't want to.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

USA Joe
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #17 - 12th Aug, 2010 at 7:41am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 12th Aug, 2010 at 4:11am:
I think that teaching children is an easier job than cleaning the streets out in the heat. Teachers in Laos go home to relax and have lunch in the afternoon, and they don't need to return to class if they don't want to.

Of course teaching children is easier. the teacher can slack off. not really put effort into teaching the child more than the necessary. the teacher will still get paid. the child may learn minimum but not enough to further a university direction. teacher can claim its the child's own fault for not learning as well.

however, if person is paid to clean street. that person better make it spotless and tidy. its easy to know if person is slacking or really doing it because streets are tangible objects. is dirt gone...? yes. you did your job

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #18 - 12th Aug, 2010 at 3:10pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 12th Aug, 2010 at 4:11am:
That's alot of money.

That's what I heard. Working in Laos is very relaxing. But govenment should pay teacher better living wage. In the US they work 8-12 hrs a day, and you get two break and one 30 minnut lunch. In the US teacher make around $35,000-$50,000 a year. But they also complaine about low salary compare to professional sport player who might make $20 million a year.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #19 - 13th Aug, 2010 at 4:08am

Lao Lan Xang, The Lao government doesn't have alot of money to pay teachers a better wage at the moment. In all fairness, the wage that teachers in Laos are earning is reasonable for Lao standards. A university teacher will earn more than a primary school teacher because they have more knowledge, and more work is involved.

$20 million a year? Goodness gracious, maybe everyone should play sport in the US.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #20 - 13th Aug, 2010 at 11:02pm

The Lao Government have countless other things to pay, including loans. The $70 is the average monthly income for Primary school teachers because they don't do much. Teachers in higher education institutions will earn more than that.

Good luck with your lottery, and to every lottery players. There's always a chance for the $300 million, albeit small, but even if you win a few thousand dollars then its something to celebrate.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #21 - 14th Aug, 2010 at 1:48am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 13th Aug, 2010 at 11:02pm:
The Lao Government have countless other things to pay, including loans. The $70 is the average monthly income for Primary school teachers because they don't do much. Teachers in higher education institutions will earn more than that.

Good luck with your lottery, and to every lottery players. There's always a chance for the $300 million, albeit small, but even if you win a few thousand dollars then its something to celebrate.

Thank. I'll keep buying it only cost $1 a ticket. it would be nice even if I hit couple million of dollars or hundred thousand dollars in lottery. I could do something with that money in Laos. Couple year back in Seattle, Washington States there were this Lao lady who won about $30 million in lottery. She did when back to Laos to help Lao kids and do some charity work.
Shocked

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #22 - 14th Aug, 2010 at 2:04am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 13th Aug, 2010 at 11:02pm:

About 80% of Laos government expend are from foreigner aid. They earn more then billion dollars from hydropower. Laos GDP is about 15 billion dollars a year. But they can't afford to pay Lao worker $30-$40 more, but some government officials do have big mansion and drive brand new expensive cars. Sound more like Capitalist to me. Nobody really care about the poor. Its about money and power.
Shocked
« Last Edit: 15th Aug, 2010 at 1:04am by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #23 - 14th Aug, 2010 at 3:17am

That's generous of the Lao lottery winner.

Laos is still a third world country, we have foreign loans all over the place if you explore further on the search engines. Therefore the Lao Government doesn't have enough budget to give people a pay raise. It's fine to give just one Lao worker an extra $30-$40, but when there's thousands of other Lao workers to pay, resources become limited.

Yes, they own nice houses and cars, even their kids. We can't do anything about that but can only look.    Lips Sealed

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #24 - 14th Aug, 2010 at 1:16pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 14th Aug, 2010 at 3:17am:

Laos is still a third world country, we have foreign loans all over the place if you explore further on the search engines. Therefore the Lao Government doesn't have enough budget to give people a pay raise. It's fine to give just one Lao worker an extra $30-$40, but when there's thousands of other Lao workers to pay, resources become limited.

Yes, they own nice houses and cars, even their kids. We can't do anything about that but can only look.    Lips Sealed

To me Laos is a developing country. By the time I retire in my mid fifty. In 20-30 year. Laos will be like Singapore. Go Laos.

Corruption and cronyism is a problem everywhere not just in Laos. If they're in power and doing well so will their friends and family. That how it go, but sadly Laos rank as one of the corrupt country in the world. Thank to Communist elite.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #25 - 14th Aug, 2010 at 11:18pm

I don't consider Laos as one of the most corrupted countries in the world.

Within the general Lao community, the people are not as corrupt as Thailand, Cambodia and Indonesia.

Those with power are a different story that I can't into, but I'm talking about the people in general.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #26 - 15th Aug, 2010 at 1:07am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 14th Aug, 2010 at 3:17am:

What is the government salary, $2,500 a month? I have no idea.
Cool

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #27 - 15th Aug, 2010 at 1:16am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 14th Aug, 2010 at 11:18pm:
I don't consider Laos as one of the most corrupted countries in the world.

Within the general Lao community, the people are not as corrupt as Thailand, Cambodia and Indonesia.

Those with power are a different story that I can't into, but I'm talking about the people in general.

UN report. I agreed Thailand, Cambodia and Indonesia is pretty corrupt too. Thailand is military dictatorship like Burma. Lao people in general are not corrupt. Its not in our nature, but those higher up are different story. Money and power change people. Absolute power corrupt.

In the U.S any government officials found guilty of corruption, everybody will talk about it, media, opposition, people will speak out and hold peaceful protest. As a result most of the officials will resign and get prosecute by law. Lot of corruption here too, but at least there are consequence, and nobody is above the law. In Asian country, well you'll be in jail for speaking out. Country with one political party system is more corrupt. That's why most of the country around the world abandon Communism. Only five Communist country left North Korea, China, Vietnam, Cuba, and sadly Laos.
Cool

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #28 - 15th Aug, 2010 at 9:03am

I don't know about their salary. A system like Laos can be good though because there's more peace and stability, we don't have politicians acting like children. Situations can turn out like in Thailand if people are given too much freedom.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #29 - 15th Aug, 2010 at 3:24pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 15th Aug, 2010 at 9:03am:
I don't know about their salary. A system like Laos can be good though because there's more peace and stability, we don't have politicians acting like children. Situations can turn out like in Thailand if people are given too much freedom.

Good point. Laos is rank as one of the peaceful country in the  world, and 4th in Asia. That's how Lao people are they like to live in peace and simple life. They don't like to get involve in politics or conflict. We're too nice maybe that's that why we are exploit and take advantage of by our powerful neighbor for century until these day. Lao woldwide need to stand up and unite.

I believe in freedom and democracy. Power should go to the people, not to the few elite, dictator or special interest. Fake democracy can be a problem like Thailand. Where opposition are jail or murder. When people elect their own government there a military coup about 18 in 60 yrs to steal power from the people.  

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 281409 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85078 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137092 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 73605 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50476 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 76757 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60135 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47521 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 42810 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35335 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum