Poll Poll
Question: Should Vietnam build Uncle Ho statue in Laos?

« Last Modified by: llX on: 13th Aug, 2010 at 2:08am »

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Should Vietnam build Uncle Ho statue in Laos? (Read 32087 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: Should Vietnam build Uncle Ho statue in Laos?
Reply #30 - 1st Sep, 2010 at 5:20pm

where I live I never seen Asian homeless person. Asian also have strong family culture and value. Most take care of their parent when they old.

Rich hold most of the wealth, but poor in US compare to other part of the world are well off. They have place to sleep and food to eat. Government and non profit organization also has program helping the low income. 

macro wrote on 1st Sep, 2010 at 12:51pm:
The homelessness in US partly because of proverty, main reason is the deteriation of family value, you see black, white, asian sleep on the street, how often you see a hispanic homelessness, may be you think wetbacks (hispanic people) are stupid, but they help each others, not like most of us, very sel centered and selfish.
I hope Laos don't adopt the American culture, by the way, last month Swiss publish a report about the happiest nation on earth... guess who...Vanuatu, 10% of people live in city and own 90% of the country's wealth, 90% of the population live in the country and own 10%, why are they happy.. because they own their own home and do not chase the money like us.. city people.

View Profile  
IP Logged

casey69
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #31 - 27th Sep, 2010 at 4:31am

I don't know enough about situation in Laos to vote but...

Since I am learning much about my native land from listening to you all, I will tell you a little about life in America since I am here.  First, in my case, I am very fortunate in that I have a wonderful husband who is a lawyer and we have a very good life. We live in a big house in the country and our 4 boys (tall and athletic like their father) attend an all-white/all-Asian school (no blacks) so they are receiving a good education. The boys are all good students and good athletes and will probably all receive college sholarships.  The American people are very nice (although somewhat provincial and ignorant about almost everything not concerning them), very hard working and have no prejudice against Asians.  In fact, my boys have been chosen Captain on their athletic teams and "class favorites" a their school. Thats the good.

Now the bad - although the American people are friendly and nice, esp in the South, the governmental policies are hard and cruel.  The government wages these terrible imperialistic wars against other peoples and commits all kinds of war crimes.  It makes my husband so mad but the people are ignorant of what is going on and think the are defending themselves.  Also, there is a terrible race division in this country.  The white people detest the black people although the government protects the blacks from harm. Whenever blacks attend the schools in large numbers the schools fall into violence, anarchy and chaos. The other students are not safe. Thus, all the whites (and Asians) flee to the country to attend all-white/all-Asian schools.  Also, crime, violence, welfare, joblessness and drugs are all rampant among the blacks.  At some point I think there may be a race war here if the federal government is ever weakened sufficiently so that it will be unable to protect the blacks against the greater population.  In a way, there is a race war going on already consisting of black-on-white and black-on-Asian crime (rapes, assaults, theft, robbery, burglarys, welfare crime, etc) against the other races.

It is this racial division which probably more than anything else accounts for the bizarre government policies which offer very little social safety net to the poor.  Everybody thinks the blacks are lazy and won't work, thus they see assistance to the poor as just hand-outs to non-deserving blacks.  It results in great hardship for the working poor. The burden falls on the middle class since the tax rates on the rich are very poor.  A typical middle class family will pay close to 50% in taxes (inc tax, sales tax, soc sec tax, medi care tax, prop tax, school tax, etc) whereas the rich who live off inheritance/investment income pay only 15%.  Ridiculous!!  Our school taxes are $10,000 per year for example.  Even then because we live in an affluent area they double tax us to send additional money to the poorer school districts.  Meanwhile, there is no free medical for anyone (you pay through the nose to an insurance or drug company (who have bought off the government), no free education, no disability for those laid off work after a year, etc...   All the policies are to the benefit of the very wealthy, big corporate interests (Wall Street, Big Insurance, Big Pharma, Big Oil, Big Industrial Complec, etc) and the middle class is squeezed between give-a-way programs for the poor blacks and corporate welfare and tax cuts for the very rich.

Its a stupid policy too.  The last time the Republicans were in power for a long time they squeezed the middle class for the benefit of the rich and the income disparity peaked in 1928 with the resultant Great Depression shortly thereafter (the people were tapped out with no money to spend so demand dropped and production stopped).  Same happened after 30 years of Reagan/Bush/Clinton/Bush, we have again peaked out at the highest income disparity since 1928 with the people again tapped out, no demand, etc.   Morever, the j

View Profile  
IP Logged

casey69
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #32 - 27th Sep, 2010 at 4:33am

oops, got cut off.

rest of it -

ts a stupid policy too.  The last time the Republicans were in power for a long time they squeezed the middle class for the benefit of the rich and the income disparity peaked in 1928 with the resultant Great Depression shortly thereafter (the people were tapped out with no money to spend so demand dropped and production stopped).  Same happened after 30 years of Reagan/Bush/Clinton/Bush, we have again peaked out at the highest income disparity since 1928 with the people again tapped out, no demand, etc.   Morever, the jobs have been shipped overseas.  Its not a pretty picture.  Everybody had high hopes for Obama but he is terribly weak.  Instead of an FDR we got another Clinton.  Plus, he is black and half the country detests blacks so much they wouldn't give him a chance even if he were a strong President.  Besides, there is so much corruption with corporate money paying off the Senate nothing good is going to happen in the forseeable future.  Revolution is coming once the whole deck of cards collapses.

Incidentally, on a side note for you there who have friends here, tell all the Lao girls you know who are here that they are headed for trouble if they keep dating blacks.  Most Lao girls here date white guys or other Asians but there are many who date black and nothing good comes of it.  There is no future with most black guys.  More than likely the girls will end up beaten, pregnant and broke in the best case scenario and being pimped out in the worst case scenario.  Those that date and marry whites do much better with their lives plus they have such beautiful children.

sorry i guess i write much too much

View Profile  
IP Logged

casey69
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #33 - 27th Sep, 2010 at 12:42pm

I change mind and vote no.  After all, I am Lao even though I live in US. What is Ho to Laos?  He is hero to Vietnam. Yes?  Not Laos.  That would be analogous to Great Britain putting up a statute of George Washington.  Yes?  Or Mexico putting up a statute of Sam Houston.  Makes no sense to me.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #34 - 27th Sep, 2010 at 3:52pm

casey69 wrote on 27th Sep, 2010 at 12:42pm:
I change mind and vote no.  After all, I am Lao even though I live in US. What is Ho to Laos?  He is hero to Vietnam. Yes?  Not Laos.  That would be analogous to Great Britain putting up a statute of George Washington.  Yes?  Or Mexico putting up a statute of Sam Houston.  Makes no sense to me.

Vietnam is flooding Laos with Viet immigrant, and trying to take over Laos. Why would any Lao in their right mind supported something like that. I undersand Vietnam  help Laos, but there is alway string attach. We can't trust any foreigner control and running Laos. We know what happen when the French was in charge of Laos. They give Isan away to Thai. When Thai control Laos not good either. Now Vietnam are in charge for over 35 year. Now at we can see Laos is still the least developing country in Asia. Seem like doesnt matter what end of stick. We Lao alway get screw.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 287901 Last Post Today at 5:11pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85979 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137810 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74262 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 51026 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77248 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60611 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47903 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43124 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35577 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum