Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How come Cambodia,Burma have election but not Laos (Read 17940 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
How come Cambodia,Burma have election but not Laos
19th Aug, 2010 at 12:37am

I don't know. Maybe somebody else know. Kop Jai
Cool

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: How come Cambodia,Burma have election but not Laos
Reply #1 - 19th Aug, 2010 at 2:47am

You'll have to ask Lao authorities that question, they have the best answer.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #2 - 19th Aug, 2010 at 3:00am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 19th Aug, 2010 at 2:47am:
You'll have to ask Lao authorities that question, they have the best answer.

Ask them to check out Lao Pride website or they already did. It would be an honor. What I know is only 10%, but I am open mind, willing to learn and listen.

I think I might be in jail if asking this question or too much question, if I was living in Laos. Maybe somebody know.
Wink Cool

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 19th Aug, 2010 at 5:04am

I was only kidding about asking them the question because they won't like it.

But like I said on another thread, you need a minimum of two political parties to contest an election. Laos currently only have one party. Nobody knows when it will be legal to have another party, but I'm sure in the future.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #4 - 19th Aug, 2010 at 2:08pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 19th Aug, 2010 at 5:04am:
I was only kidding about asking them the question because they won't like it.

But like I said on another thread, you need a minimum of two political parties to contest an election. Laos currently only have one party. Nobody knows when it will be legal to have another party, but I'm sure in the future.

You have to bail me out if Communist put me in jail for talking too much in Laos hehe..I hope you are right about democracy in Laos. Laos is changing fast and for the better. Laos has potential we are not North Korea. When government open up the country to foreign investment Laos is no longer a true Communist. Some say there never was a true Communist country. The conflict around the world is more about rich vs poor, about money and
power. I give government credit for trying to reduced poverty by 2020. That the kinds of policy will get them elected if Laos become a democracy. There is hope in Laos.

Multi politicals party system will lead to
prosperity, and bring down corruption. Billion and billion dollars more of aid from
the west will pour into Laos. I think more head is better then one. You might have a good idea, but someone else might have a better idea. You might be smart. There is alway someone out there who is smarter then you, but you never know if you never give other a chance. If Cambodia and Burma can do it so can we. "Long live mighty Lao Lan Xang."

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #5 - 21st Aug, 2010 at 12:43am

Even prior to the communist takeover of Laos, we've never had an election.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #6 - 21st Aug, 2010 at 6:15pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 21st Aug, 2010 at 12:43am:
Even prior to the communist takeover of Laos, we've never had an election.

Laos never has election because Laos, Lao people were alway under control of foreign power, and exploitation by our powerful neighbor. Laos were under Thailand control from 1778-1887, under French from 1893-1953, and now we are under Vietnam control since 1975. We were also invaded by Burma and Vietnam in the past. Lao people don't have a say about our future. As result we loss about half of our territory, and our country is still the least developing country in Asia. But now Laos is moving forward and dveloping. I'm hoping for the best and Democracy in Laos. Democracy will save us, save Laos.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 22nd Aug, 2010 at 7:52am

One day we will come out of our shell.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #8 - 22nd Aug, 2010 at 5:38pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 22nd Aug, 2010 at 7:52am:
One day we will come out of our shell.

There's alway hope. Sometime I like to look at a brighter side. New generation of Lao leader no longer isolated the country, and open up to foreign investment that's why Laos economy is booming. I can't wait for Lao new super highway, subway and railway system. It will benefits Laos economy and tourist industry. "It's time for Laos Lan Xang to rise."

View Profile  
IP Logged

BlastSweep
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #9 - 23rd Aug, 2010 at 3:16am

In the Lao constitution, there's actually no rule against the formation of another party. No surprise that it hasn't been done, but at least the thought is always there.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #10 - 23rd Aug, 2010 at 5:47am

BlastSweep, If that's the case then maybe you should be the first person to form another party in Laos.

Let's see if you will live to see tomorrow.   Smiley

IP Logged

longhang
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Reply #11 - 23rd Aug, 2010 at 9:57am

burma, from what i see in the rambo movies burma is one messed up country killing indigenous people left to right like chickens yet they have elections? what a joke. who gets to vote the elites of that country or government officials? i dont care. countries like burma got too much pride kind of like north korea and too much pride leads to violence and ultimately ends in suffering.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #12 - 23rd Aug, 2010 at 5:44pm

Burma are military dictatorship. Military been in power for the past 40 or 60 yrs I think.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #13 - 23rd Aug, 2010 at 11:07pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 23rd Aug, 2010 at 5:47am:
BlastSweep, If that's the case then maybe you should be the first person to form another party in Laos.

Let's see if you will live to see tomorrow.   Smiley

Democracy in Laos so we won't be under Vietnam master anymore. Free Laos from foreigner power.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #14 - 23rd Aug, 2010 at 11:13pm

BlastSweep wrote on 23rd Aug, 2010 at 3:16am:
In the Lao constitution, there's actually no rule against the formation of another party. No surprise that it hasn't been done, but at least the thought is always there.

Hopefully Laos will become a democracy states in the future. Multi politicals party, freedom of speech and press sound good.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 281574 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85101 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137113 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 73623 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50491 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 76770 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60147 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47533 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 42818 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35341 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum