Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The second Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge (Read 10994 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
The second Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
28th Aug, 2010 at 12:24am

The second Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge over the Mekong River was opened in late 2006, and connects Savannakhet in southern Laos with Mukdahan in north east Thailand.

The bridge is 1,600 metres long and 12 metres wide, with two traffic lanes.

laopride28.jpg

laopride29.jpg

laopride30.jpg

laopride31.jpg

laopride32.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: The second Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
Reply #1 - 28th Aug, 2010 at 12:54pm

Look very nice. Are they building the fourth bridge in Bokeo province? Landlink Laos will become the new silk road of Southeast Asia, and battery of ASEAN. Great for Laos and SE Asian economy. I hope they build more.  
Smiley Cool

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #2 - 28th Aug, 2010 at 12:59pm

The new bridge will boost border trade between the two country. Thailand is already one of Laos top investors and biggest trading partner. Follow by China and Vietnam. Thailand invested about $2 billion in the past ten year in Laos. And the trade between the two neighbor worth about $1.7 billion a year.
Wink Cool Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 28th Aug, 2010 at 11:18pm

Yes, there will be another bridge in Bokeo.

Bridge or no bridge, trade between Laos and Thailand have been going on for hundreds of years.

IP Logged

Noy
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #4 - 29th Aug, 2010 at 3:28am

I am bringing Thai investors into Lao . Many information information is required . Hope here It has will help me in having Lao partners and others . I plan to have a seminar in Novermber 2010 in Nongkhai province and then get into Vientiane for the celebration of Pra That Loung 450 years . If ones can read Thai , please see my website of www.taradlao.com ; . Tarad means market and loa is the country name . I am looking for a place for training soem skills to Laos people and expand many kind of business .

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #5 - 29th Aug, 2010 at 12:51pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 28th Aug, 2010 at 11:18pm:
Yes, there will be another bridge in Bokeo.

Bridge or no bridge, trade between Laos and Thailand have been going on for hundreds of years.

It will save lot of time transporting good across Mekong River. When I was little I remember riding a boats across mekong river to visited relative in Undon Thani.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #6 - 29th Aug, 2010 at 12:56pm

Noy wrote on 29th Aug, 2010 at 3:28am:
I am bringing Thai investors into Lao . Many information information is required . Hope here It has will help me in having Lao partners and others . I plan to have a seminar in Novermber 2010 in Nongkhai province and then get into Vientiane for the celebration of Pra That Loung 450 years . If ones can read Thai , please see my website of www.taradlao.com  . Tarad means market and loa is the country name . I am looking for a place for training soem skills to Laos people and expand many kind of business .

Sound very interesting and good opportunity. I don't know how to read  or write in Thai.
« Last Edit: 30th Aug, 2010 at 1:12am by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 29th Aug, 2010 at 11:31pm

Lan Xang, Bridges are convenient for visitors, but it also means more heavy trucks from Thailand arrive into Laos. Hundreds of trucks are the major cause of traffic jams in Vientiane, which stretches many kilometres during peak hours.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #8 - 30th Aug, 2010 at 1:25am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 29th Aug, 2010 at 11:31pm:
Lan Xang, Bridges are convenient for visitors, but it also means more heavy trucks from Thailand arrive into Laos. Hundreds of trucks are the major cause of traffic jams in Vientiane, which stretches many kilometres during peak hours.

Yea we has same situation here in the states. When people go to work in the morning or get off work. Almost everybody here have a car so more traffic. It seem like there is alway road construction here. I think they just need to build more road and expand existing road in Laos. But very very expensive. As economic and population grow traffic will get worse.

View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Reply #9 - 4th Sep, 2010 at 5:50am

i hope this bridge is of good quality because if it cracks in half within a decade i don't think laos can afford the lawsuits haha

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 287222 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85866 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137726 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74189 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50968 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77197 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60559 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47864 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43091 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35547 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum