Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Lao Pride Member Makes Donation to Lao Children (Read 68995 times)

Old Man
Ex Member

Lao Pride Member Makes Donation to Lao Children
20th Apr, 2011 at 10:17pm

Lao Democratic, a member of the Lao Pride forum has made a much needed donation of educational materials to children in a rural Lao school.

The school is Ban Dong Bang Kindergarten and Primary School in Saythany district.

lao-pride-donation-1.jpg

lao-pride-donation-2.jpg

The donation, valued at US$100, included pens, pencils, exercise books, a wide range of illustrated readers, coloring books, colored wax crayons, colored pencils, erasers and educational wall posters.

lao-pride-donation-3.jpg

Old Man's wife presented the materials to the children

lao-pride-donation-4.jpg

The children and teachers of Dong Bang village would like to send their grateful thanks to Lao Democratic and the Lao Pride forum.

lao-pride-donation-5.jpg

lao-pride-donation-6.jpg

lao-pride-donation-7.jpg

lao-pride-donation-8.jpg

Old Man

IP Logged

abercrombie
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Re: Lao Pride Member Makes Donation to Lao Children
Reply #1 - 20th Apr, 2011 at 11:08pm

Aren't little kids the coolest?  I teach kindergarten in Shanghai.  They call it that, anyway, even though the ages are 3-7.  My kids are awesome.  And rock on for that fabulous spread of donated goodies!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 20th Apr, 2011 at 11:12pm

The school students are cute, and it shows what a kind-hearted and caring person that Lao Democratic is.

The small contribution will make a difference to their future.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #3 - 21st Apr, 2011 at 2:00am

"Lao Democratic" is a nice guy. Thank you, and your wife Old Man for getting the supply. You got pretty nice stuff for the kids.

I'll definitely do it again and will donate couple time a year. "It what from the heart that count."
Smiley Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #4 - 21st Apr, 2011 at 2:52am

Awesome Job Lao Democratic Smiley.  What are other supplies as part of thier list?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #5 - 21st Apr, 2011 at 3:06am

PEACE wrote on 21st Apr, 2011 at 2:52am:
Awesome Job Lao Democratic Smiley.  What are other supplies as part of thier list?

I just send moneygram to Old Man to get the supply on the list.

I just talk to a relative, and they're also interest in the donation too.
Cool Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #6 - 21st Apr, 2011 at 3:11am

That would be better because I think they can get more supplies over there becuase we do not have to deal with shipping cost.  Send to Old Man?

llX wrote on 21st Apr, 2011 at 3:06am:
Awesome Job Lao Democratic Smiley.  What are other supplies as part of thier list?

Cool Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #7 - 21st Apr, 2011 at 3:14am

Yes it's easier and cheaper just to send moneygram. I send to Old Man. Just need his real name. It only cost $9.
Wink Smiley

PEACE wrote on 21st Apr, 2011 at 3:11am:
That would be better because I think they can get more supplies over there becuase we do not have to deal with shipping cost.  Send to Old Man?

llX wrote on 21st Apr, 2011 at 3:06am:

Cool Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #8 - 21st Apr, 2011 at 5:34am

Old Man. How many teacher are there in Ban Dong Bang Kindergarten and Primary School in Saythany district?
Wink Cool

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #9 - 21st Apr, 2011 at 9:10am

Hey Old Man.

Is your wife a teacher too?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 21st Apr, 2011 at 5:15pm

llX wrote on 21st Apr, 2011 at 5:34am:
Old Man. How many teacher are there in Ban Dong Bang Kindergarten and Primary School in Saythany district?
Wink Cool

There are 6 teachers in the school that received your donation.  If we receive more donations, we will present the materials to other primary schools in Saythany district.  There are dozens of schools in the district that need this kind of equipment and we don't want to favor just one village at the expense of other village schools.

Old Man

IP Logged

JSEA
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #11 - 21st Apr, 2011 at 6:08pm

This is really awesome!

abercrombie wrote on 20th Apr, 2011 at 11:08pm:
Aren't little kids the coolest?  I teach kindergarten in Shanghai.  They call it that, anyway, even though the ages are 3-7.  My kids are awesome.  And rock on for that fabulous spread of donated goodies!

I have to agree with you. I never really wanted kids, but after being in Thailand and Laos that's starting to change. They're really cute, seem to be very happy, and smile all the time. I don't think I'm ready for settling down or kids yet though...maybe another 10-15 years.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 21st Apr, 2011 at 10:12pm

Larb Dip wrote on 21st Apr, 2011 at 9:10am:
Hey Old Man.

Is your wife a teacher too?

No.  My wife is a farmer, traditional Lao Sauna owner and caretaker of Old Man.

She just got done up in her finery to hand out Lao Democratic's donations to these children in a local rural primary school.

Makes a better picture that if I had done it.  I always thinks it looks a little condescending if a foreigner is handing out charity to Lao people.  It's better if a Lao person does it.

Old Man

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #13 - 22nd Apr, 2011 at 8:02am

Old Man it's a good idea to donate supply to other school. I told my brother about the school donation and he's also interested. Next time we will get more supply.
Wink Cool

Quote:
llX wrote on 21st Apr, 2011 at 5:34am:
Wink Cool

There are 6 teachers in the school that received your donation.  If we receive more donations, we will present the materials to other primary schools in Saythany district.  There are dozens of schools in the district that need this kind of equipment and we don't want to favor just one village at the expense of other village schools.

Old Man

View Profile  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 24th Apr, 2011 at 8:27pm

I thought you might appreciate this picture of a boy using some of Laos LXE's donated school materials.

Can you read the characters the child is writing?

Old Man

lao-child-writing.jpg

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78569 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248782 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133103 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69806 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47440 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73917 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57544 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45376 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40976 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33952 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum