Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Lao Pride Member Makes Donation to Lao Children (Read 69244 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: Lao Pride Member Makes Donation to Lao Children
Reply #30 - 27th Apr, 2011 at 4:12pm

I'm with you. I plan to continue donation to Lao student couple time a year. This is my first time directly donating to school in Laos and it feel great. Me and my brother will donate couple hundred of dollars more in a month. "One person can't safe the world, but we can make a different."
Smiley Cool Roll Eyes

PEACE wrote on 27th Apr, 2011 at 11:38am:
We should able to take care of the other school in the near future Smiley.

llX wrote on 27th Apr, 2011 at 7:42am:
Very very nice. Thank you MrLao4ever. Thank you Old Man and your wife for taking time to get the supply. The best part is seeing the  smile and happy face on those kids. I has ask my brother about the donation too so in about a month. Couple hundred dollars of donation is coming Old Man.
Smiley Wink Cool

Quote:
We've just received a donation from Mr. Lao4ever, bought the sports equipment and educational toys for local children he asked us to deliver and have delivered them this morning.

Pictures up soon.

Watch this space.

Old Man

« Last Edit: 28th Apr, 2011 at 3:35am by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 27th Apr, 2011 at 7:14pm

With Mr Lao4ever's kind donation, we bought the educational toys and sports equipment.  Here they are laid out on Old Man's floor.

donations-to-children-in-laos-1.jpg

We then delivered the materials to the children in Ban Dong Bang Kindergarten and Primary school.

donations-to-children-in-laos-2.jpg

donations-to-children-in-laos-3.jpg

donations-to-children-in-laos-4.jpg

donations-to-children-in-laos-5.jpg

donations-to-children-in-laos-6.jpg

donations-to-children-in-laos-7.jpg

donations-to-children-in-laos-8.jpg

All the children and their teachers asked us to pass on their thanks to Mr Lao4ever and the Lao Pride Forum.

The next school we will help will be Ban Na Sala Primary School, also in Saythany district.

Old Man

IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 27th Apr, 2011 at 7:31pm

llX wrote on 27th Apr, 2011 at 4:08pm:
Quote:
I too would like to make a donation, but will probably wait until we return from Laos, or maybe to a contact I have in Laos directly while I am there.

Wink

Thank you William. Any donation will help. It what from the heart that count. Another good idea is pack your luggage as much as you can with school supply and maybe you can give them to Old Man to pass them out when you're in Laos.
Wink Smiley

My thanks also, William.  There's no need to go to the trouble of bringing materials with you and adding weight to your luggage.  You can buy school materials or whatever you would like to donate more cheaply in the market in Vientiane and deliver the materials to the school yourself or leave them with me when we meet for your wedding in Vientiane next month.

Old Man

IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Reply #33 - 28th Apr, 2011 at 1:16am

Thank you Old Man for posting the picture. That's a very nice toy for the kids. And thank again MrLao4ever. Keep in touch Old Man next month I'll send more donation. Probably around 2,400,000 Kip = $300.  
Wink Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #34 - 28th Apr, 2011 at 2:19am

Thanks for the pics Old Man Smiley.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #35 - 28th Apr, 2011 at 3:36am

These wouldn't be possible without the help from Old Man and his wife. 
Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 28th Apr, 2011 at 4:53am

llX wrote on 28th Apr, 2011 at 3:36am:
Smiley

I agree. He is blessing. I have always wanted to help, but never quite knew how. I always worried if I made a donation to help the people in Laos, only a small portion would get to those who really need it. That problem is solved. Many thanks. We will see you and your wife soon, Old Man, take care!

IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #37 - 28th Apr, 2011 at 9:50pm

Old Man, is the ground dry like this all year round?

GroundPics.jpg (118 KB | )
GroundPics.jpg
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #38 - 28th Apr, 2011 at 10:58pm

It looks like the school field/playground. Maybe that's why it looks droughty.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 28th Apr, 2011 at 11:59pm

It's near the end of the dry season, so of course the ground is dry and dusty.

During the rainy season, that playground will be a sea of mud for much of the time.

Old Man

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #40 - 29th Apr, 2011 at 1:22am

Agreed. You has to find the right person, a person you can trust who has the same passion, and serious about charity work.

I just meet Old Man in LP, and testing the water. This my first time directly donating to Laos student, and it turn out great. I plan to continuing donating. I been thinking about helping student in Laos for a while now, and there's many charity out there. I planing to do charity work when I retire in Laos.
Smiley

Quote:
llX wrote on 28th Apr, 2011 at 3:36am:
Smiley

I agree. He is blessing. I have always wanted to help, but never quite knew how. I always worried if I made a donation to help the people in Laos, only a small portion would get to those who really need it. That problem is solved. Many thanks. We will see you and your wife soon, Old Man, take care!

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #41 - 29th Apr, 2011 at 1:30am

Laos is hot and humid and can be very dry in the summer. Watering the grass is pricey and Laos is low on water resource. 
Wink

Larb Dip wrote on 28th Apr, 2011 at 10:58pm:
It looks like the school field/playground. Maybe that's why it looks droughty.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 29th Apr, 2011 at 1:42pm

Laos has an abundance of water resources.  The reason that school playground is not covered in grass and other greenery is...............because it's a playground.  Grass has a hard time growing when kids are running and playing on the surface every day.

Old Man

IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #43 - 29th Apr, 2011 at 4:42pm

What type of grass is growing around the school?  I would assume that those kids prefer to play on softer grassy surface - earsier on their feet and body.

There is a grass called 'St. Augustine' that thrives very well in hot humid conditions like in Texas during the summer and I think this grass can thrive as well in Laos.  St. Augustine grows quick and horizontally on sandy surfaces, so they spread like wildfire once it starts.  Water once a week and they are fine.  Pretty much all of outdoor soccer/football fields in the Houston, Texas area grow this grass because they are tough to wear down when stepping on it. St. Augustine is very good in stabilizing surface sand and soil in place from man-made and/or wind erosion. 

Quote:
Laos has an abundance of water resources.  The reason that school playground is not covered in grass and other greenery is...............because it's a playground.  Grass has a hard time growing when kids are running and playing on the surface every day.

Old Man

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #44 - 29th Apr, 2011 at 6:33pm

Good stuff. I think this grass will work  because Laos and Texas has similar weather. Just need to find distributor in Laos. Springer system also help.
Wink

PEACE wrote on 29th Apr, 2011 at 4:42pm:
What type of grass is growing around the school?  I would assume that those kids prefer to play on softer grassy surface - earsier on their feet and body.

There is a grass called 'St. Augustine' that thrives very well in hot humid conditions like in Texas during the summer and I think this grass can thrive as well in Laos.  St. Augustine grows quick and horizontally on sandy surfaces, so they spread like wildfire once it starts.  Water once a week and they are fine.  Pretty much all of outdoor soccer/football fields in the Houston, Texas area grow this grass because they are tough to wear down when stepping on it. St. Augustine is very good in stabilizing surface sand and soil in place from man-made and/or wind erosion.  

Quote:
Laos has an abundance of water resources.  The reason that school playground is not covered in grass and other greenery is...............because it's a playground.  Grass has a hard time growing when kids are running and playing on the surface every day.

Old Man

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 284615 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85517 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137439 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 73930 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50749 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 76999 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60371 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47715 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 42976 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35455 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum