Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
The princess of Laos (Read 103348 times)

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Re: The princess of Laos
Reply #15 - 31st May, 2011 at 2:16am

What's the motive behind these sly questions, man?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

mychalmitchell323
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Chicago
Reply #16 - 31st May, 2011 at 10:29am

huh?

Larb Dip wrote on 31st May, 2011 at 2:16am:

View Profile princess of laos  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #17 - 31st May, 2011 at 3:19pm

Look like a good movie. But I think it would look better if the princess was 100% Lao. Was one of Lao king wife black?
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #18 - 31st May, 2011 at 6:09pm

mychalmitchell323 wrote on 31st May, 2011 at 10:29am:
huh?

Larb Dip wrote on 31st May, 2011 at 2:16am:

He was referring to your questions.  What is Lao? What is Mexican? What is American?  Are all these questions a test? And for what reason you ask these questions? What exactly is the motive behind it?  What do you gain out of it?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #19 - 31st May, 2011 at 8:03pm

llX wrote on 31st May, 2011 at 3:19pm:
Look like a good movie. But I think it would look better if the princess was 100% Lao. Was one of Lao king wife black?
Wink

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

mychalmitchell323

I Love Laos!

Chicago
Reply #20 - 31st May, 2011 at 9:11pm

Wink

Heres the same answer i gave to the same question at another site:

Good question, and no racist overtone taken, a ligitimate question. Great grandmother black? Well its like this if you look at life this way........(no no i mean) back then the king was very handsom........(hold on a minute) what im trying to say is the Mekong river was........(wait a minute) WHAT WAS THE QUESTION AGAIN? LOL

sorry the family Bio at the end of the movie answers that .....if you dont go see this great film i will tell you myself later

IP Logged

mychalmitchell323

I Love Laos!

Chicago
Reply #21 - 31st May, 2011 at 9:28pm

Wink

actually Loa Lan i beg to differ.............i think that an actress thats not %100 Lao play the part is better......my friends who know me said just what i thougt, "thats just like Mychal going against the grain" my brief bio on life? if i saw 100 men with a just cause opposing 1 i would not participate with that 100 even though they had a just cause, on the other hand if i saw 1 man fighting 100 for something he believed in i would join him and say "you take that 50 and i'll take this 50" in essence wouldnt feel comfotable making a movie to please the masses......not arguing with you just giving my two cents ....for the record i have read some of your post you seem like a level headed person.....

IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #22 - 31st May, 2011 at 9:30pm

I'll go see it. But Laos have at least 30 princess or more. Lao king have so many kids, wife and mistress. Can't the producer just pick other princess.
Wink

mychalmitchell323 wrote on 31st May, 2011 at 9:11pm:
Wink

Good question, and no racist overtone taken, a ligitimate question. Great grandmother black? Well its like this if you look at life this way........(no no i mean) back then the king was very handsom........(hold on a minute) what im trying to say is the Mekong river was........(wait a minute) WHAT WAS THE QUESTION AGAIN? LOL

sorry the family Bio at the end of the movie answers that .....if you dont go see this great film i will tell you myself later

View Profile  
IP Logged

mychalmitchell323

I Love Laos!

Chicago
Reply #23 - 31st May, 2011 at 9:41pm

llX wrote on 31st May, 2011 at 9:30pm:
I'll go see it. But Laos have at least 30 princess or more. Lao king have so many kids, wife and mistress. Can't the producer just pick other princess.
Wink
ahhh no.....i see ur on line now im leaving now but since you said you will go see it i will share something with you tomorrow, talk later

mychalmitchell323 wrote on 31st May, 2011 at 9:11pm:
Wink

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #24 - 1st Jun, 2011 at 9:03pm

mychalmitchell323, I have a few questions regarding your film, if you don't mind:

1) Can you tease us with a synopsis?

2) Is there any dialogue in Lao during this movie?

3) Why did you undertake the theme of The princess of Laos?

4) What was the budget you were working with?

5) Do you bear any relation to the films namesake?

6) A movie isn't really a movie - in the 21st century - without the contours of the heroine exposed in all her glory. Can we anticipate any nudity/sex scenes in this film?

7) When can I expect to be hitting up the pirate bay to download your art?
« Last Edit: 2nd Jun, 2011 at 5:26am by Larb Dip »  

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

mychalmitchell323

I Love Laos!

Chicago
Reply #25 - 1st Jun, 2011 at 9:22pm

Larb Dip wrote on 1st Jun, 2011 at 9:03pm:
mychalmitchell323, I have a few questions regarding your film, if you don't mind:

1) Can you tease us with a synopsis?

2) Is there any dialogue in Lao during this movie?

3) Why did you undertake the theme of The princess of Laos?

4) What was the budget you were working with?

5) Do you bear any relation to the films namesake?

6) A movie isn't really a movie - in the 21st century - without the contours of the heroine exposed. Can we anticipate any nudity/sex scenes in this film?

7) When can I expect to be hitting up the pirate bay to download your art?

Dont be disappointed that i cant answer all, k?
1) The girl was born in Laos and at the age of 13 she travel to US to find her father. She hires this investigator who witnessed a murder right after she hired him. So hes eluding the cops, running from a killer while looking for her father.
2) Dialogue? Absolutely, plenty with subtitles.
3) Theme? Larb trust me man her great grandmother really was married to the king.
4) Budget? Can not disclose that.
5) No relations to films name sake, whatever that means. When i met the family i was impressed with their story.
6) Nudty? Never, none, no way, nada, absolutely not.
7) Pirate? come on Lard dont do that to me.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #26 - 2nd Jun, 2011 at 5:26am

Thanks for the interview, buddy. Smiley

I have one more question:

When will your film be released?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

mychalmitchell323

I Love Laos!

Chicago
Reply #27 - 2nd Jun, 2011 at 11:55am

Larb Dip wrote on 2nd Jun, 2011 at 5:26am:
Thanks for the interview, buddy. Smiley

I have one more question:

When will your film be released?

we are trying for July but keep in mind this is and independant film which means you probably wont see it until the fall.....we will be doing festivals first.....for the record not only is there no nudity there is no swearing or violence......

IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #28 - 2nd Jun, 2011 at 1:09pm

Are the scenes filmed in Laos as well?

View Profile  
IP Logged

mychalmitchell323

I Love Laos!

Chicago
Reply #29 - 2nd Jun, 2011 at 2:21pm

PEACE wrote on 2nd Jun, 2011 at 1:09pm:
Are the scenes filmed in Laos as well?

no sorry cowboy no scenes in Laos, however there is a scene of the girl leaving Laos which was really filmed here at a Buddhist temple (with the blessings of the monks of course)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 79293 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 249071 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133264 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69955 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47569 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 74033 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57659 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45474 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 41067 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 34016 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum