Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pictures of Dorothy singing "Over The Rainbow (Read 37753 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Pictures of Dorothy singing "Over The Rainbow
13th May, 2011 at 6:22am

In the barnyard, Dorothy talks about going "some place where there isn't any trouble." She asks, "Do you suppose there is such a place, Toto? There must be. It's not a place you can get to by a boat or a train. It's far, far away. Behind the moon, beyond the rain...."

She wants to go "over the rainbow", where there are no problems.

This cues up Dorothy for singing her beloved song, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", while she strolls from a bale of hay (on which she leans back), to an old wheel (that she pulls), to a discarded piece of farm machinery (on which she and Toto sit).

"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by Judy Garland as Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz.

dorothy-sings-over-the-rainbow-in-the-wizard-of-oz-1939-1.jpg

dorothy-sings-over-the-rainbow-in-the-wizard-of-oz-1939-2.jpg

dorothy-sings-over-the-rainbow-in-the-wizard-of-oz-1939-3.jpg

dorothy-sings-over-the-rainbow-in-the-wizard-of-oz-1939-4.jpg

dorothy-sings-over-the-rainbow-in-the-wizard-of-oz-1939-5.jpg

dorothy-sings-over-the-rainbow-in-the-wizard-of-oz-1939-6.jpg

dorothy-sings-over-the-rainbow-in-the-wizard-of-oz-1939-7.jpg

dorothy-sings-over-the-rainbow-in-the-wizard-of-oz-1939-8.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

LukeTheDrifter
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Re: Pictures of Dorothy singing "Over The Rainbow
Reply #1 - 30th May, 2011 at 5:26pm

No one could ever take the place of Judy Garland I thought you might like to hear this version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Eva Cassidy. She died tragicly young at the age of 33.. She was virually unknown until after her death.  Here is the hot link on utube to her singing it live with just her guitar.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce-5OWBNGNw&feature=related... If this is the wrong place to post this type of message please let me know.
Gary

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 30th May, 2011 at 7:21pm

This is the right place to post all things Judy Garland.

No disrespect to Eva Cassidy, but I thought her singing voice sounded very dry. You need to have a sweet voice for this particular song, but she sang it her way and she put a lot of emotion into it, and that's good.

Towards the end of the song, when she sings "Can't I.........", there was a moment of break and it wasn't a smooth "I".

IP Logged

LukeTheDrifter
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #3 - 30th May, 2011 at 11:04pm

I agree with you I don't really care for Eva's version of this song. I much prefer Judy's verson. But the lady really can sing. Here is a hot link to her singing Sting's song Fields of Gold. I promise no more Eva posts here in Judy's section.   Cheesy  It was just when I seen the section I thought of Eva's version of this song. Oddly enough this is requested to be played at people's funeral a lot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGwDYBWEDSc&feature=related

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #4 - 30th May, 2011 at 11:33pm

Yes, according to the comments made by many people, Miss Cassidy's version was played at their loved ones funeral, so people seem to like it.

I have to be honest here, it's good, but I don't like dry singing voices. It's not a voice that I'd want to listen to again and again. One person mentioned that he was trained in opera and classical music, and the music sounded dull and boring. That's how it felt for me too.

Her version of "Fields of Gold" just doesn't cut it either, but it's just my honest opinion. Many people will love her singing, I'm sure.

IP Logged

LukeTheDrifter
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #5 - 30th May, 2011 at 11:53pm

An honest opinion is the only one worth hearing and thank you for yours. Now I will check around a see if I can find something nice for your Judy section.
Gary

View Profile  
IP Logged

willahope
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #6 - 19th Jul, 2011 at 5:13pm

I totally agree with you that no one till today can take the place of Judy Garland. Still, you you may never know may be some day some one can take her place.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 20th Jul, 2011 at 6:51am

There's a lot of talented singers and actors today with a large fan base, but Judy Garland is unique because she was a multi-talented performer. Whenever you turn on her movies and music, she's amazing.

IP Logged

Hurley
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

2440 Stout St, Denver, CO 8020
Reply #8 - 28th Jul, 2011 at 5:48pm

I totally agree.. today there may be lot of talented singers with a large fan base but no one can replace judy garland, her real fans like me Smiley would be her fans only... forever....

View Profile  
IP Logged

hurley02
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

New York
Reply #9 - 5th Aug, 2011 at 11:35am

Thanks for the link gary.. Eva's voice is really good and she had executed it very well. But one thing is for sure no one can replace judy.. Eva is good at his singing but judy is judy... Wink

Thank you..

View Profile  
IP Logged

amosquito
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #10 - 20th Aug, 2011 at 4:41am

good

Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78159 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248665 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133011 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69725 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47365 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73851 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57476 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45331 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40920 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33917 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum