Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Laos need freedom and democracy. (Read 37042 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Laos need freedom and democracy.
27th Jun, 2011 at 1:48pm

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Re: Laos need freedom and democracy.
Reply #1 - 27th Jun, 2011 at 2:11pm

What an intelligent man. He got my votes as the next president of Laos.
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #2 - 27th Jun, 2011 at 7:02pm

Are these Lao go'vt officials? In Vientaine?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #3 - 27th Jun, 2011 at 9:45pm

Yes this is Lao government officials. I think he's a senators speaking his mind. He's right Laos the current system is not working, Laos need change and learned how to developed the country like Japan or America.
Wink

PEACE wrote on 27th Jun, 2011 at 7:02pm:

View Profile  
IP Logged

Laosnow
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #4 - 27th Jun, 2011 at 11:36pm

PEACE wrote on 27th Jun, 2011 at 7:02pm:

Yes. They are at the National Assembly Hall in Vientiane.

Dr. Khampheuy Panmalaythong is a newly-elected member of the National Assembly (parliament).

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #5 - 28th Jun, 2011 at 8:24am

This is one of the better stories from Laos to hear and see a gov't official brainstorming his ideas/thoughts which can better for the country and to be shown to the world.  I thought any Lao gov't gathering is 'closed door'? This is unprecedented is it not to show this to the world?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Laosnow
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #6 - 29th Jun, 2011 at 1:20am

The meetings of the National Assembly are now televised and a hotline to the Assembly has been set up so that citizens can ask questions and voice complaints.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #7 - 29th Jun, 2011 at 5:15am

llX wrote on 27th Jun, 2011 at 2:11pm:
Wink

He doesn't have my vote as the next President of Laos because he is too soft.

This is all fun and games in parliament, Hollywood style, just to show the world that we are heading in the right direction.

What he needs to do is to talk with some aggression. Be specific on who is the root of the problem and don't talk casually. Start pointing finger at people, mention some names for a start. Example "I have issues with you Mr. President and Mr. Prime Minister". I want to hear him say that.

It seems pretty obvious that he is careful with his speech so that he doesn't offend those in the top level, that's the message I'm getting from this "nothing" speech.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #8 - 29th Jun, 2011 at 7:22am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 29th Jun, 2011 at 5:15am:
Wink

This is all fun and games in parliament, Hollywood style, just to show the world that we are heading in the right direction.

What he needs to do is to talk with some aggression. Be specific on who is the root of the problem and don't talk casually. Start pointing finger at people, mention some names for a start. Example "I have issues with you Mr. President and Mr. Prime Minister". I want to hear him say that.

It seems pretty obvious that he is careful with his speech so that he doesn't offend those in the top level, that's the message I'm getting from this "nothing" speech.

Well, you have to realize he's using caution for safety reasons. if you ticked off the wrong person, you could as well be missing or your family members. Remember in the US you can ridicule or criticize a president. In Laos, it's a whole different story. Regardless if he's aggressive or not the question remains, is he getting his ideas through to some of these other politicians? He's open minded and honest, that's what we need for leadership. If you are not going to vote for him, then I guess change is not in your best interest.

Look at the US politics right now, the majority of the population are supporting the same people over and over again. You might have heard of Ron Paul. He's probably the only honest politician. He speaks the truth and very aggressive about it. Other politicians, people in general, and media treat him differently (insane). Everyone always complain about this about that, but when they see something good (truth or honesty) right in front of them they choose to ignore it. Don't fall into the sheep herd.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #9 - 29th Jun, 2011 at 7:57am

OMD wrote on 29th Jun, 2011 at 7:22am:
Well, you have to realize he's using caution for safety reasons. if you ticked off the wrong person, you could as well be missing or your family members.

Exactly, that's why his speech doesn't mean anything. It's just fun and games because he is talking without any conviction and seriousness of the matter.

The other politicians are just sitting there so quiet you can hear a pin drop, there's no response from anyone so how do we know if people agree or disagree with him?

In other countries, the politicians are always at each other's throats, yelling and screaming at each other. That's what we need in Laos. If you are too nice, you're not my ideal leader. I want a tough leader, but at the same time a leader who accepts criticisms.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #10 - 29th Jun, 2011 at 11:52am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 29th Jun, 2011 at 7:57am:
Well, you have to realize he's using caution for safety reasons. if you ticked off the wrong person, you could as well be missing or your family members.

Exactly, that's why his speech doesn't mean anything. It's just fun and games because he is talking without any conviction and seriousness of the matter.

The other politicians are just sitting there so quiet you can hear a pin drop, there's no response from anyone so how do we know if people agree or disagree with him?

In other countries, the politicians are always at each other's throats, yelling and screaming at each other. That's what we need in Laos. If you are too nice, you're not my ideal leader. I want a tough leader, but at the same time a leader who accepts criticisms.

Other countries have different government structure that allows criticism, you can't compare.  The problem with Lao is, it's limited.  One party system, everyone's afraid of each other, no one's willing to take a stand.  I don't know much about Dr. Khampheuy Panmalaythong maybe you can enlighten me and others in regards to his background.  I'd like to know more about him.

If what you say is true about his lack of seriousness (fun and games) then what's the point of him presenting his ideas?  What exactly is his agenda?

Other politicians are sitting quietly listening without interruptions that's good right?  At least he got his point across, hoping it'll sink into their head. He knows the world is changing fast, Lao is going to be left behind if old ideology is still in placed.  In my opinion, Lao people right now are like slaves (sheep) to the system.  Many are living their lives in hardship and that's all they will ever know if nothing is going to change.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #11 - 29th Jun, 2011 at 2:07pm

Good started sound like Laos has freedom of speech. At least for the parliament.
Wink

Laosnow wrote on 29th Jun, 2011 at 1:20am:
The meetings of the National Assembly are now televised and a hotline to the Assembly has been set up so that citizens can ask questions and voice complaints.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #12 - 29th Jun, 2011 at 2:09pm

That's true there's no freedom of speech so we has to be careful of what we say in Laos, especially about politics.
Wink

Wink

Well, you have to realize he's using caution for safety reasons. if you ticked off the wrong person, you could as well be missing or your family members. Remember in the US you can ridicule or criticize a president. In Laos, it's a whole different story. Regardless if he's aggressive or not the question remains, is he getting his ideas through to some of these other politicians? He's open minded and honest, that's what we need for leadership. If you are not going to vote for him, then I guess change is not in your best interest.

Look at the US politics right now, the majority of the population are supporting the same people over and over again. You might have heard of Ron Paul. He's probably the only honest politician. He speaks the truth and very aggressive about it. Other politicians, people in general, and media treat him differently (insane). Everyone always complain about this about that, but when they see something good (truth or honesty) right in front of them they choose to ignore it. Don't fall into the sheep herd.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #13 - 29th Jun, 2011 at 2:13pm

Politicians in other country might be yelling and screaming at each other. But at least their country is more wealthy and developed. Their citizens has good living standard.

This is what you want to see in Laos politics Saovaluck?

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 29th Jun, 2011 at 7:57am:

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #14 - 29th Jun, 2011 at 2:18pm

We need more politicians like Dr. Khampheuy Panmalaythong who is honest and speak the truth. For Laos to move forward and modernized the system need to be change. Laos education system, health care, economy is not very good.

He got other parliament attention and thinking. We need more Lao politicians to speak up because Lao citizens has no say.

They say "speak softly and carry a big stick."
Wink Smiley

Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78210 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248680 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133019 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69734 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47373 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73858 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57490 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45337 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40925 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33922 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum