Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Laos need freedom and democracy. (Read 37253 times)

PEACE
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

DIN FAR
Re: Laos need freedom and democracy.
Reply #30 - 5th Jul, 2011 at 7:28pm

To be detach from Vietnam, let other nations with money (US, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Germany.....)  to leniently come in.

llX wrote on 5th Jul, 2011 at 10:27am:
Nothing Laos can do about Vietnam. They're too powerful. With 90 million population. Laos 7 million. "Big fish eat small fish."
Smiley Shocked

Samnang wrote on 5th Jul, 2011 at 8:40am:
Laos should be careful against the Viet, before they become a democratic country.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #31 - 5th Jul, 2011 at 9:28pm

You are right on the money. That's why Laos government open up the country, seek closer ties and welcome Western country, China, Australia, Japan, India to come in and invested.
Wink

PEACE wrote on 5th Jul, 2011 at 7:28pm:
To be detach from Vietnam, let other nations with money (US, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Germany.....) to leniently come in.

llX wrote on 5th Jul, 2011 at 10:27am:
Nothing Laos can do about Vietnam. They're too powerful. With 90 million population. Laos 7 million. "Big fish eat small fish."
Smiley Shocked

Samnang wrote on 5th Jul, 2011 at 8:40am:
Laos should be careful against the Viet, before they become a democratic country.

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #32 - 6th Jul, 2011 at 9:02am

Would be nice if they can make it simpler to allow Lao poeple overseas to go back to Laos. 

What's up with our Admin nowadays? She has been quiet lately and no pics of something.  I hope she is still here after the upgrade.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #33 - 7th Jul, 2011 at 10:29pm

Government been working on that policy. To make it easier for Lao oversea to visit, do business or live in Laos. It'll take time. They been talking about for couple of year now.
Wink Wink

PEACE wrote on 6th Jul, 2011 at 9:02am:
Would be nice if they can make it simpler to allow Lao poeple overseas to go back to Laos.

What's up with our Admin nowadays? She has been quiet lately and no pics of something. I hope she is still here after the upgrade.

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #34 - 8th Jul, 2011 at 8:33am

I see and it's the articles that you'd posted here a cupples of time so far from the other topic.  Keep us posted bro Smiley.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #35 - 8th Jul, 2011 at 10:20pm

I get my Laos news from www.kpl.net.la
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #36 - 8th Jul, 2011 at 10:45pm

Govt reiterates stance on global Lao family

The government has reaffirmed its policy to facilitate the return of people of Lao origin living abroad so they can contribute their expertise and experience, as well as finances, to the development of their birth nation.

Dr Thongloun Sisoulith chairs the meeting in Vientiane on Wednesday.
Government officials met in Vientiane yesterday to review the past six months' implementation of activities related to people of Lao origin living abroad and set plans for the next six months.

Chaired by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Dr Thongloun Sisoulith, the meeting also discussed a draft strategic plan for 2011-15 to facilitate the return of overseas ethnic Lao so they can take part in development activities.

The meeting agreed to propose that the government considers setting up specific policies related to border crossings, visits to relatives in Laos, land rights and marriage, as they relate to returning overseas ethnic Lao.

The government will soon issue a decree related to permanent residency in Laos for this group in an effort to encourage more people to return.

Dr Thongloun expressed appreciation to the relevant officials for their efforts in ensuring that overseas ethnic Lao have a better understanding of the reality of the development process, and the role and reputation of Laos in the regional and international arenas.

He said strengthening relations with people of Lao origin living abroad was very important at the present time and urged the relevant sectors to bolster their collaboration and cooperation to realise the country's five-year development strategy.

The Party's policy states that it regards overseas ethnic Lao as members of the national family and welcomes those who want to come back to work with Lao citizens towards the development of the country.

Last year, some 200 overseas ethnic Lao were invited to attend the celebration to mark the 450th anniversary of Vientiane as the capital, and many expressed pride after witnessing the positive changes in the country over the past 35 years.

An estimated 700,000 people of Lao origin now live abroad, mostly in the United States, Canada, France, Australia and New Zealand. Many of them left Laos after 1975.

About 80 percent of them are citizens of the country in which they now live.

PEACE wrote on 8th Jul, 2011 at 8:33am:
I see and it's the articles that you'd posted here a cupples of time so far from the other topic. Keep us posted bro Smiley.

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #37 - 8th Jul, 2011 at 11:44pm

I am looking forward to what they are planning to do with 'land rights as they relate to returning overseas ethnic Lao' Cool.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #38 - 11th Jul, 2011 at 9:41am

They been planning it for a while. Let wait and see 6 more month they say.

Do you plan to work or live in Laos in the future? What does your family think?
Wink Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #39 - 14th Jul, 2011 at 12:29am

That's could be a possiblity.  The laws will tell me if I will go.  I am a drifter.   I was born to walk alone Wink.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #40 - 14th Jul, 2011 at 9:51pm

Try to visited Laos first. Most of the people, Lao expats that visited Laos feel in love with the country and culture. I don't think there is any problem if you visited or open business in Laos. Government try to developed the country and welcome tourism, investment.
Wink

PEACE wrote on 14th Jul, 2011 at 12:29am:
That's could be a possiblity. The laws will tell me if I will go. I am a drifter. I was born to walk alone Wink.

View Profile  
IP Logged

hankido
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 15th Jul, 2011 at 5:49am

There were a bunch of Lao expats on my recent flight. Most were from the US, but some were some Canada as well.

IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #42 - 15th Jul, 2011 at 6:53pm

Did your flight start in LA and to Hong Kong and then Vientaine?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #43 - 16th Jul, 2011 at 12:40am

Were you vacation in Laos this year?
Smiley Wink

Quote:
There were a bunch of Lao expats on my recent flight. Most were from the US, but some were some Canada as well.

View Profile  
IP Logged

janny pan
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #44 - 26th Jul, 2011 at 11:19am

He got my votes as the next president of Laos.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 281409 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85078 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137092 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 73605 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50476 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 76756 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60135 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47521 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 42810 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35335 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum