Send Topic Print
Lao version of trash (Read 56247 times)

JSEA
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Re: Lao version of trash
Reply #30 - 10th Nov, 2011 at 3:13pm

Really? These people are trash because they got drunk and ate some cake messily?

I can't believe how judgmental you are saovaluck. That's not very Buddhist of you...I think that makes you...wait for it... UN-Lao! Just like these people you're deriding.

Face it, if these people were born in Laos, grew up in Laos, speak Lao, and eat larb mu, they're probably part of your culture! What you're doing is using what's called the "no true Scotsman" logical fallacy (feel free to educate yourself, and google it).

Just because you are completely boring and only drink juice or water doesn't mean other people can't drink a bit too much and have some fun. If I had a choice between hanging out with you, or them, I'd choose them in a second.

Also, while I'm ranting I'll give you the farang view of hi-so "fashion".

* Fake white skin is ugly (just like fake orange tan is ugly)
* The ugly frilly skirt-shorts and baggy blouse-tit-curtains combo is ugly as hell (even worse are those shorts-skirt-blouse-overall-one-piece monstrosities)
* Nobody likes those stupid hats you so called "hi-so" people love so much
* When a farang sees a girl dressed in the above manner, they automatically assume Gold Digger(even more so than hookers)

Anyway, just thought I'd give you some things to think about while you're up there on your high horse looking down at the peasants. Maybe you'll learn something, or gain some perspective, since it's obvious you haven't done either and taken advantage of your privileged position to better yourself in any way.

Sorry for the rant, I've just gotten a bit tired of your holier than thou attitude.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #31 - 10th Nov, 2011 at 4:53pm

It's okay to drink alcohol in moderation, but if a Lao girl gets drunk as a result of drinking too much alcohol then they're not the sort of people I want to deal with.

Being a non-alcoholic drinker doesn't mean the person is boring. There are other ways to enjoy a party than putting cake all over each others faces and showing dirty tongues. Lao peasants don't eat cakes and drink a variety of alcohol, they certainly have a bit of money to dye their hair as well.

"Falang" people with a sense of fashion like those hats that you call "stupid".

Sorry if I offended anyone but I like to speak my mind, and I appreciate your thoughts on the subject too.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

JSEA

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #32 - 10th Nov, 2011 at 7:08pm

Wow, you took that surprisingly well. Respekt as Ali G would say.

The hats are still dumb though.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #33 - 11th Nov, 2011 at 3:49am

People have different likes and dislikes, we're not all like you. Haven't you seen Princess Beatrice's silly hat? Many people out there wanted to get their hands on it. It was eventually sold by eBay auction for over $130,000.

Princess Beatrice wearing a hat

As for fake white skin, fake orange tan and so on, everything about us is fake. If you want to be 100% natural then just hop out of bed in the morning and don't bother visiting the bathroom to try and improve your appearance.

People get tattoos to show off, they get braces to make their smiles look better, they use botox to remove wrinkles, they dye their hair to appear youthful, they put make up on to make themselves more appealing. There are endless possibilities that we can do to our bodies.

Lao girl applying make up

IP Logged

longhang

Reply #34 - 23rd Dec, 2011 at 5:08am

fruit juice? sorry im low class and can only afford fruit drinks. lolz

View Profile  
IP Logged

kevin RoadRace
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Under a Rock!
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #35 - 23rd Dec, 2011 at 1:21pm

It look like some people just having fun. We party like that here in the States.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #36 - 24th Dec, 2011 at 5:11am

When you say "we", you're not referring to everyone in America because I know some people over there and they don't have fun this way.

This sort of behaviour has nothing to do with whether a person is rich or poor, it's about their moral standards.

It is trash in the eyes of anyone with high standards.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #37 - 24th Dec, 2011 at 5:14am

longhang wrote on 23rd Dec, 2011 at 5:08am:
fruit juice? sorry im low class and can only afford fruit drinks. lolz

Fruit juice is more expensive than beer in Laos.

IP Logged

hankido
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 24th Dec, 2011 at 5:25am

I'm originally from Minnesota, but now live in Southern California and I'll admit that none of my Lao friends behave in such a manner either. I also don't have a problem with those who do. To each their own. Many of my Asian "non-Lao" friends have always had the impression that American Southeast Asians were kind of trashy and acted really uncouth -- They have also been to Laos and Thailand so they're familiar with Southeast Asian cultures.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #39 - 24th Dec, 2011 at 5:45am

In your previous post, you mentioned that most Lao-Americans that you know would fit in this category. And now you say none of your Lao friends behave like this?

I have a problem, it's not the type of party that I would like to attend.

IP Logged

hankido
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 24th Dec, 2011 at 10:59am

I said most, but non of mine. I certainly don't have a problem with those who do though. I could care less what or how they choose to entertain themselves. Who am I to judge?

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #41 - 24th Dec, 2011 at 12:11pm

Your friends are good, decent people.

You may not judge them, but others will. As human beings we are always judging others (whether negatively or positively). If you choose to have cake all over your face at a birthday party, then you have to expect that people will look down on you.

IP Logged

kevin RoadRace
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Under a Rock!
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #42 - 24th Dec, 2011 at 1:16pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 24th Dec, 2011 at 5:11am:
When you say "we", you're not referring to everyone in America because I know some people over there and they don't have fun this way.

This sort of behaviour has nothing to do with whether a person is rich or poor, it's about their moral standards.

It is trash in the eyes of anyone with high standards.

When I said "we", I was referring to every young person in the States. It doesn't matter which class your from in society, your race or gender. We go out have fun and do stupid things once in a while. It is not like we go out and party like that everyday.

You can't just judge someone just because you seen pictures of them throwing cake at each other. How do you know they are like that every time they go out? I know you said you like to speak your mind. But you can't judge someone from the color of their skin or the way they act. And put them in the Low Class and High Class category.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #43 - 24th Dec, 2011 at 2:03pm

They may not do it every day, but their face and their style tells me what class they are.

You don't need to throw cake at each other to have fun, I'm sure many poor children in Laos would be glad to eat some of that cake.

Most Lao people dance and sing when they're having fun at parties.

IP Logged

Heelaburt
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Laos May 2012 biatches!

Reply #44 - 22nd Jan, 2012 at 2:27pm

The admin is a classy girl, I got to respect that cause you don't see that too often these days. I learned in Laos that everything you do is being judged by others. Reputation is a way of life there. How you dress, where you go at night is looked at by others in the community.
In these pictures, my impression is that these girls were paid to keep these guys entertained for the night, you guys all know what I'm talking about. No one wants to talk about it but we all know what's up, just cause you don't see the money or anything.
Admin, we don't really call them trash in america, it's called Jerry Springer or Girls Gone Wild.
You don't need to drink to have a good time, I prefer to remember the 'good times' in my life instead. As for the cake, I think I'll stick to eating it on my plate instead of playing with it, cause you never know, someone could try to take pictures of you when you least expect and post it on the net for all to see, including your wife.

Got rice hum dak?!
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78521 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248771 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133095 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69793 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47433 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73911 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57539 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45372 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40967 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33948 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum