Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What's there to do in Vientiane (Read 26456 times)

lional
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

sydney
What's there to do in Vientiane
23rd Mar, 2012 at 5:38pm

Hello I have just arrived in Vientiane Friday 23 March, here for the next 7 days.
« Last Edit: 10th Jan, 2013 at 3:49am by Admin Saovaluck »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

somvang
Ex Member

Re: What's there to do in Vientiane
Reply #1 - 24th Mar, 2012 at 1:21pm

IP Logged

lional
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

sydney
Reply #2 - 24th Mar, 2012 at 3:17pm

Had found the article in a search..so grabbed a Samlo an went for a search. Its so much like Thailand 30 years ago, not that's a bad thing it's a good thing.

View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Reply #3 - 26th Mar, 2012 at 9:39pm

try some of that yaba pillz, good stuff!

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #4 - 28th Mar, 2012 at 6:17am

Eat eat eat, and hit the club. Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal

I Love Laos!

Reply #5 - 28th Mar, 2012 at 11:57am

longhang wrote on 26th Mar, 2012 at 9:39pm:
try some of that yaba pillz, good stuff!

Grin Grin Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #6 - 15th Apr, 2012 at 5:05pm

Can't do much when you're stuck in a bind...

Phuket_396__Medium_.JPG (214 KB | 616 )
Phuket_396__Medium_.JPG

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #7 - 16th Apr, 2012 at 7:36am

I've seen too many animal cruelty in Laos. Some Lao people need to be executed, seriously.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #8 - 17th Apr, 2012 at 5:35am

Poor pig. How much does one cost?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Reply #9 - 17th Apr, 2012 at 2:56pm

Don't know how much it cost, didn't try to buy one or ask. The pigs didn't move at all.
I was told that some foreigners would buy some of these animals and set them free and as they were set free, the people selling the animals would go and capture them again, haha. I thought it was kind of funny cause they thought the foreigners were stupid. That's just how life is there though, I appreciate it more now that I've seen it and understand their way of life and how it is to live there. Survival is the name of the game.

Phuket_395__Medium_.JPG (147 KB | 664 )
Phuket_395__Medium_.JPG

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

HAIR

I love Laos!

Poland
Reply #10 - 17th Apr, 2012 at 8:26pm

Protein folks!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #11 - 19th Apr, 2012 at 5:12am

That looks like maggots, dead rats and toads.

A typical day at an open air market in Laos.

IP Logged

lional
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

sydney
Reply #12 - 19th Apr, 2012 at 6:42am

I started this and now it’s turned to animal welfare, didn’t see that coming.

I have now returned to Australia. It was a long four week trip started Sydney to Melbourne(F1 GP) five days back to Sydney departed next day to Singapore for two days then Bangkok for two days then Vientiane for seven days back to Bangkok twelve days then Singapore one day and back home.

The cities I visited I’ had been many times except one, Vientiane why did I go? Well way back in the early 90’s I was living and working in Bangkok had a Thai wife, two young sons and things were great. Then I meet her, Phet, she was Lao and I loved her, she wanted me to run off with her to Laos to a city I knew nothing about Vientiane. I finally told my Thai wife about Phet which she took well....NOT! I was given the ultimatum end it and return to Australia with her and my sons, I had two sons and the threat was never see them again. So I never made it to Vientiane till now.

I had a great time Vientiane made some female friends and most day’s it was sleep, eat, go to club and drink and go to another club an drink then another club and finishing around four in the morning, it was a fun time.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 19th Apr, 2012 at 7:28am

lional wrote on 19th Apr, 2012 at 6:42am:
Then I meet her, Phet, she was Lao and I loved her, she wanted me to run off with her to Laos to a city I knew nothing about Vientiane.

It seems to me like stealing someone's husband.

I guess you're into the clubbing scene, I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Vientiane.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Reply #14 - 19th Apr, 2012 at 7:38am

haha, animal welfare, I just wanted a chance to post them pics and when I heard about nothing to do, I thought of those pigs with no liberty to do anything, so it could be worse than boredom.

Anyways, sounds like you had a typical trip to Vientiane, eat, sleep, drink beer lao, clubs and repeat.
Just curious, did your wife and kids let you go on your own to Vientiane? Are you still with them and did you ever meet Phet again? Why did you fall for her at that time instead of your Thai wife? Perhaps you chose with the other head at the time, haha.
When I was in Laos, I just wanted to relax so I went for massages everyday (I'm talking about a real massage, not a rub and tug haha), ate at different places everyday, my favorite is still the couchy pate bread, the one across from the business school was the best I tasted, should have taken pictures. I also went to all the dalats to check out what they have to offer and buy clothes that don't fit me, but I can't complain about the price. Crashed a couple "dongs" (wedding receptions) cause it seems like they invite the entire neighborhood and everyday there was a new one happening. Went to the hang outs at the huts next to the water where people eat, sleep and play cards while looking for poo sao's. It's all a blur now though cause it felt like a dream. I think the next Hangover movie should be in Laos.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78161 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248669 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133013 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69727 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47367 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73853 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57478 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45333 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40922 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33919 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum