Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
If you were the President of Laos . (Read 93247 times)

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Re: If you were the President of Laos .
Reply #75 - 5th Nov, 2013 at 1:15pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 28th Oct, 2013 at 2:09am:
Larb Dip wrote on 23rd Oct, 2013 at 4:58am:
You even shot down "The Princess of Laos" because she didn't fit in with your stereotype of how a Lao princess should materialize. You should know, right? because you claim to have connections to the bygone aristocracy and the King of Laos is supposedly your great Uncle.

"The Princess of Laos" is a natural reaction for any typical Laotian watching the movie or trailer, and not just those that have connection to the Lao Monarchy. I'm not saying that the black princess actress is a right or wrong choice, but if you're going to play a black African as a Lao Princess then you're asking for controversy.

If Thais watched a movie based around a Thai princess and the actress used was a black African woman, do you think there's not going to be any reaction among their people?

Now you're starting to sound as radical as BHK. Perhaps you're forgetting your own Viet extractions? According to BHKism, your ethnic diversity doesn't make you "pure"; "you cannot call yourself Lao".

Isn't that "black African women" Lao too? She even has royal blood. What makes you any more Lao than her? Aren't you part Viet? Grin If anything, her playing the role of a Lao princess is more accurate than when the Thais use Chinese actresses to misrepresent their monarchs. Don't tell me it's because she's black. Aren't there dark people in Laos?

Miss Lao/Russian is declared most beautiful woman in Laos for 2013 and no one objects. The "princess of Laos" plays herself in a movie and is crucified. Hmmmm..........interesting.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #76 - 5th Nov, 2013 at 1:53pm

What is the name of the most beautiful Lao woman 2013 ?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #77 - 6th Nov, 2013 at 12:30am

Thais use mixed Thai-Chinese or Chinese actresses because they fit what their monarchy want the public to view them. If you used a black African woman to portray their princess, you would probably be executed in Thailand due to their strict lese-majeste law.

Well of course there are ordinary black people in Laos, but does any Laotian want to known as a black princess? Even if they were naturally black, they would go to great lengths to make their skin white. The Queen of Thailand is naturally dark but look at her in public, she is whiter than a Thai movie star.

Miss Lao-Russian isn't a princess, she is just an ordinary person who won a beauty contest because she has white skin. She doesn't represent anyone but herself.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #78 - 9th Nov, 2013 at 11:17am

Of course there's gonna be more black or darker skin people in Laos. Majority of them work out in the rice fields or out bout looking or hunting for food.Nothing wrong with being dark i think. Over here the white chic goes into a tanning bed to get our color.lol Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #79 - 12th Nov, 2013 at 12:49pm

Hey what going on in Thailand ? i haven't been watching news

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #80 - 12th Nov, 2013 at 6:45pm

ba dac wrote on 9th Nov, 2013 at 11:17am:
Of course there's gonna be more black or darker skin people in Laos. Majority of them work out in the rice fields or out bout looking or hunting for food.Nothing wrong with being dark i think. Over here the white chic goes into a tanning bed to get our color.lol Grin

Very good enlightenment for the 100,000 USD investment to get residency permit. Buy rice field, broadcast it to USA as tanning bed.  White get tanned, you get rice!  Win win  Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #81 - 12th Nov, 2013 at 6:47pm

ba dac wrote on 12th Nov, 2013 at 12:49pm:
Hey what going on in Thailand ? i haven't been watching news

Bad guys won't be freed! The people voice heard.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #82 - 15th Nov, 2013 at 11:36am

man somebody should just throw that taksin guy in the jungle somewhere

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #83 - 15th Nov, 2013 at 12:54pm

Throw to where? the Mars? to meet the cuttiest Mars girl with tails? that is harsh. Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #84 - 16th Nov, 2013 at 11:26am

Get rid of his arss .He just stirring up problem

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #85 - 27th Dec, 2013 at 2:00am

Jungle lifestyle is the best yall! Lifting dumbbells

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 0 1309 Last Post 21st Apr, 2024 at 12:52pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 290628 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 86880 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 138569 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74966 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 51604 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77755 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61052 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48289 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43447 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum