Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
This is what I'm eating right now! (Read 31532 times)

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Re: This is what I'm eating right now!
Reply #15 - 8th Sep, 2013 at 11:07am

If you refer to the 'President of Laos' topic you will notice BHK discourages mixed marriage in order to keep Lao blood "pure." His argument is fallacious and clearly represents a Western perspective on what constitutes being Lao. Geneticists have shown environment influences genetic expression. Food plays an integral role in the development and proliferation of any mammal species and thus there will be a very slight variance between his 'pure-blooded Lao' genetics and those of actual Lao people living in Laos. It also goes to show the hubris he has as a North American, living thousands of miles away from the homeland, to argue with ethnic Lao people in Laos on what is and is not Laotian.

I've derailed this topic enough and for that I submit an apology to the people of Laos and the members of this forum.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #16 - 8th Sep, 2013 at 11:24am

Grin  No apology needed buddy. I think he wa just messin with ya.Its all good to have a healty conversation.Sometime
we never gonna agree on the same thing.But its alway good
to know what others are thinking.  Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #17 - 8th Sep, 2013 at 7:55pm

Dinner

image_011.jpg (196 KB | 445 )
image_011.jpg
image_012.jpg (172 KB | 449 )
image_012.jpg
View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #18 - 9th Sep, 2013 at 10:08am

Man Peter, that look so good.I love the pork ankle  Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #19 - 9th Sep, 2013 at 10:23am

Yes, the first one is cusine mixed with chinese one and laos one. I cooked it Ok,and let it ferment for another day. Wonderful! Good to eat during hot day.

the second one is easy to make. buy a cooker and put ingredients inside, 30 minutes, done.

ba dac wrote on 9th Sep, 2013 at 10:08am:
Man Peter, that look so good.I love the pork ankle  Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #20 - 13th Sep, 2013 at 10:29am

I love any type of Asian food especially the Chinese.I would love to eat like the king did.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #21 - 28th Sep, 2013 at 3:49am

We all are living in the free world.  Because of that, individuals are entitled to have an opinion. Grin 

TexasCowboy wrote on 8th Sep, 2013 at 11:07am:
If you refer to the 'President of Laos' topic you will notice BHK discourages mixed marriage in order to keep Lao blood "pure." His argument is fallacious and clearly represents a Western perspective on what constitutes being Lao. Geneticists have shown environment influences genetic expression. Food plays an integral role in the development and proliferation of any mammal species and thus there will be a very slight variance between his 'pure-blooded Lao' genetics and those of actual Lao people living in Laos. It also goes to show the hubris he has as a North American, living thousands of miles away from the homeland, to argue with ethnic Lao people in Laos on what is and is not Laotian.

I've derailed this topic enough and for that I submit an apology to the people of Laos and the members of this forum.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #22 - 19th Oct, 2013 at 1:10am

Yum yum

Fishh.jpg (48 KB | 445 )
Fishh.jpg
View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #23 - 20th Oct, 2013 at 8:23am

Yesterday afternoon somewhere between Koh Chang and BKK in Thailand. Stopped for a rest.

coconut.jpg (70 KB | 449 )
coconut.jpg
View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #24 - 21st Oct, 2013 at 6:30am

TexasCowboy wrote on 8th Sep, 2013 at 11:07am:

Not sure how "eating" has anything to do with me being Lao. I ate Lao food everyday until I came to fat asz amelica 5 years ago and didn't have any Lao food around.
People will try to find anything to hate on someone when they don't share the same views. They are stubborn to think that their views are the only ones that matter or are correct.
Also for you f'ing info, I did not discourage interacial marriages. Don't put Nazi like words in other peoples mouths. If you got something to say to me then adress it to me instead of assuming. Can you explain to me what you mean by western perspectives of being Lao, Mr. "Texas" Cowboy? I have not been on this board much, too busy.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #25 - 21st Oct, 2013 at 6:51am

Relax buddy. Maybe take some time off to post here more. Anyways, I was under the impression based off of some of the posts you made that your family fled to Canada from Laos as refugees and that you were brought up in Canada rather than Laos. More so, I was under the impression that you discouraged interracial marriages because you wanted to keep Lao blood pure. Thanks for the clarification and as for my credentials, I am absolutely 100% born and bred Texan with a Western perspective.

By the way, disparaging Americans makes you look like a disgruntled Asian American interested in the old country because he could never "fit in" with the rest of our society.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #26 - 21st Oct, 2013 at 5:56pm

Can we all just get along? Laugh

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #27 - 21st Oct, 2013 at 8:55pm

Beef Cake wrote on 19th Oct, 2013 at 1:10am:
Yum yum

Poor fish

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #28 - 22nd Oct, 2013 at 10:15am

The young coconut look good.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 0 1876 Last Post 21st Apr, 2024 at 12:52pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 291066 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 87167 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 138836 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 75198 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 51796 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77919 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61209 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48410 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43560 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum