Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
First day back in Laos (Read 66525 times)

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
First day back in Laos
3rd Dec, 2013 at 11:23pm

I feel like I'm in my homeland. What a great place with great people. Love the villagers here. Anyone down in Pakse and want to meet up? Probably also going to Vientiane and Luangprabang. Hell yeah, feels good to be back. Lao Pride Worldwide

- Texas Cowboy in Laos

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Re: First day back in Laos
Reply #1 - 4th Dec, 2013 at 10:30am

Any night club or lao beer or lao girl?

Grin

We need pictures. bad or good acceptable. Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #2 - 4th Dec, 2013 at 11:14am

Applause  Hey Cowboy, we need some pic ? please
So jealous right now.Need to find my way back too.

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #3 - 4th Dec, 2013 at 9:21pm

I have no camera unfortunately. Spent the day learning Lao and teaching English. Lao people really are the kindest and most welcoming in all of Asia.

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #4 - 11th Dec, 2013 at 12:17am

What are the best books for learning Lao? Help! Should I just formally study Thai?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #5 - 11th Dec, 2013 at 6:09am

Both Lao and Thai are tonal languages so no book is as good as learning your Lao language skills from talking with Laotians because Lao is their mother language.

Depending on what you want to learn Lao for, many people find the language irrelevant but it's up to you. English is the language that the "Generation Y" in Laos are so desperate to learn, and it's more important than Lao or Thai.

I have many Lao relatives who are married to westerners and they speak English with each other.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #6 - 11th Dec, 2013 at 11:14am

Get yourself a Laos girlfriend  Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #7 - 13th Dec, 2013 at 12:14am

I'm only 21 so learning the language shouldn't be an issue. I'd get a Lao girlfriend but I have to marry if I want intimacy. Otherwise I have to pay off the police 5000USD which I'm not willing to do. So many Lao girls want me to be their boyfriend.  Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Bao Evil
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

USA
Awards: 1
Laotian Award
Reply #8 - 13th Dec, 2013 at 1:43am

TexasCowboy, say hello to all the pu sao noy for me nair der!  Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #9 - 13th Dec, 2013 at 12:20pm

ba dac wrote on 11th Dec, 2013 at 11:14am:
Get yourself a Laos girlfriend  Wink

I 100% agree. Is that the way you learned your english. Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #10 - 13th Dec, 2013 at 3:07pm

Half Lao Half Vietnamese girls are the hottest of the hot.

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #11 - 17th Dec, 2013 at 11:24pm

Man wtf is with Lao men cheating on their wives. I know I'm ranting because I'm drunk but admittedly I make most of my posts after drinking 4-5 cold beerlaods. Anyways, the sweet lady running my guesthouse is so obviously being cheated on by her husband. I want to scream it to her but it's not really my business. And then today, I saw a married woman approach another girl who just turned 30 and tell her how her husband is cheating with her. Maybe in cowboy culture we really look down on cheating but this is a goddamn disgrace. In Texas, we'd stomp down anyone involved in a cheating relationship. I'm disappointed in Laos today even though I met the most beautiful girl of my life.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #12 - 18th Dec, 2013 at 2:55am

How do you know he is cheating?

She probably already knows he cheats, or suspect he's cheating. Some men in Laos would even go as far as admitting he's cheating and his wife can't do anything about it.

The guesthouse is probably owned by him, in that he is providing the capital for the business so his wife is probably tied up to his playboy lifestyle. In Laos, money makes men treated like a King.

"Disgrace" is an understatement. I know many Lao guys who cheat so your story is not an isolated incident. Laos is a country full of trashy people and I'm not proud to say that but I have to be realistic. Whether it's guys cheating or girls prostituting or corruption, there's many problems that's just too overwhelming to manage.

Now you understand what Laos is like, because you can see it for yourself.

IP Logged

Bao Evil
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

USA
Awards: 1
Laotian Award
Reply #13 - 18th Dec, 2013 at 4:27am

Saovaluck, you sound too much like a man.

TC, just enjoy your staying. Don't worry about what you can't change. If you stir up too much, you might end up in the bottom of the mekong der. Google Sombath Somphone.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #14 - 18th Dec, 2013 at 5:01am

No, I'm a Lao girl and I'm angry with the culture of Laos so I may seem strong.

If tourists can see the dirty side of Laos then that really says a lot about this country.

The Sombath Somphone story is a prime example of the issues we have in Laos but it can't be discussed sorry due to the sensitive nature.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78619 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248796 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133113 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69817 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47449 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73926 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57552 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45383 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40982 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33957 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum