Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Warning, Graphic! The truth about Hmong people in Laos (Read 80724 times)

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Re: Warning, Graphic! The truth about Hmong people in Laos
Reply #30 - 23rd Nov, 2014 at 12:05am

In Thailand the wealth gap is smaller, at least among the "Tai" speaking groups. These days even country people have tractors, cars and at least somewhat of a highschool education. This is not true in Northern Thailand where there are a cluster of ethnic minorities who still live without any infrastructure and practice subsistence agriculture, with some ethnic Padaung villages being exploited by the Thais for tourist money. The Thai-subhuman gutter filth will exploit anything for quick money.

My personal opinion is that the ethnic minorities should just be left undisturbed so they can continue to keep their culture, but in practice this is impossible because if they aren't citizens of Thailand then they won't have the deed to the property they live on and a Thai-dog can come and seize it from them. Once they obtain Thai citizenship, the Thai dog-government will build a "school" (brainwashing institute) in their village and that school doesn't mention anything about what ethnicity they are, it just teaches them to be Thai. So the schools are effectively destroying ethnic minorities in Northern Thailand.

Apart from these minorities, Thailand is a worthless facebook country. They have no brains and don't know how to do anything except use Facebook. There are no more traditional women in the new generation in Thailand. All the traditional women are old and are going to die soon. I've never seen a Thai woman under 30 wear a "sarong" or "sinh." I don't see why Thailand needs to exist anymore, it is just a Facebook country, there is nothing Siamese left except the corruption and materialistic greed. Thai kids these days don't even listen to Thai music anymore, they prefer western styles. I'm afraid Laos will be this way in 20 years.

Anyways, in Laos, as in any non-developed nation, there is a huge gap between the rich and poor with not much of a middle class to speak of. Even in 2014 many kids are illiterate and can't attend school. In Laos you can still get a traditional girl but it's getting harder with each passing year because it's slowly becoming a Facebook country like Thailand. I don't know how many of you have travelled extensively through Laos but there are many cute girls who don't use  smartphones or social media and haven't been exposed tothe western world. That is very hard to find these days as our society is devoured by the western filth culture and our women stop being pure. Sometimes I wonder if I will save up enough money to marry a traditional Lao girl in time or whether it will become a Facebook country before I get the chance to.

I never thought the 21st century would be such a hellhole.

Yes, there are people with fancy cars in Laos, but Peter, if you think they are the majority it makes me wonder, have you really even been to Laos before? Obviously you said you have, but have you ever gone outside the city? The people with money and fancy cars in Laos is a small minority and also I don't respect them because they embrace western values. The only Lao people I respect are the "real" ones.
« Last Edit: 23rd Nov, 2014 at 1:22am by Buk Nut »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

LPB7
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Lao Lan Xang, Lao Dang,
pen khon Lao kue gun

Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #31 - 23rd Nov, 2014 at 5:24am

"The people with money and fancy cars in Laos is a small minority and also I don't respect them because they embrace western values."

Why do you hate them for having nice houses and driving expensive cars? Even if they embrace some western values they still retain their Lao heritage and culture.

By the way, the Thai policy of exploiting their ethnic minorities is fantastic and should be adopted by the Lao Government. Ethnic minority groups in Laos are nothing but worthless piles of sh!t that contribute nothing to our nation, all they do is waste our natural resources and kill our endangered wildlife. Only the Tai-Dam should be exempted from such policies.

Now, I'm in no way a big fan of Thailand, but I give credit where credit is due. None more so than when they deported that Hmong crook Moua Toua Ter back to Laos and presumably straight into the hands of the Lao Secret Police Applause

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #32 - 23rd Nov, 2014 at 8:27am

It's not about the houses nor the cars, and I didn't say I hated them. I'm a purist I guess you could say, and they are too international for me. The poorer Lao people aren't international at all, and the city girls all think they're too "hip" to wear sinh so they prance around in their jeans like American girls and they also listen to English music.

It's true that some minorities do participate in logging, but Lao people are just as guilty. There really is no difference between the diet of Lao people and that of minorities,  they all eat bushmeat except for people in the city.

Why do you think I see the ethnic minorities as important? I'm not even talking about the Hmong, the Khmu were here even before the Lao people so they should be treated respectfully. The minorities are less westernized than Lao people, and the women are more likely to be virgins and wear 'sinh' while Lao girls these days are getting more and more westernized. I feel like minorities preserve 'Lao' culture even better than many Lao people do.

I want to keep my culture alive so I will go to Laos to get my wife and I won't marry a westernized girl. I want a traditional Lao girl not some fakeass jeans wearing Taylor Swift facebook Lao girl. If I can't find a Lao Lum girl like that then I would get an ethnic minority. Why do you hate them so much? I see Lao people marrying Khmu all the time.

Yeah the Tai Dam are Tai speaking people like us, and they are more traditional than Lao girls, so ideally if I married a minority I would marry a Tai Dam, Phutai or Tai Daeng, or I would just marry an ethnic Lao girl from Sieng Taeng, Cambodia which used to be Laos until the French gave it to Cambodia.

Thailand should definitely keep their minorities, because they are the only humans in the nation. Thais are not humans.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #33 - 23rd Nov, 2014 at 8:35am

Here are Tai Dam girls, nice traditional virgin girls

sh101160a.jpg (152 KB | 711 )
sh101160a.jpg
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #34 - 23rd Nov, 2014 at 10:10am

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #35 - 23rd Nov, 2014 at 10:41am

Lol, please admin. Those ladies probably only put on those clothes during a ceremony, as soon as the ceremony is over they rush to pull it off and slip back into their hot pants and jeans and go back to listening to their Justin Bieber crap and eating their macaroni and cheese and hamburgers because they can't stomach Lao food.

Culture means nothing if it's only done for a ceremony. The definition of culture is the way one lives one life every day.

I could put on an African Tribal mask and dance around in circles like a crazy guy and say I know African culture. The real Africans would probably be wearing those masks in daily life. Same goes with the Sinh/sarong and Lao culture.

View Profile  
IP Logged

LPB7
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Lao Lan Xang, Lao Dang,
pen khon Lao kue gun

Reply #36 - 23rd Nov, 2014 at 3:32pm

The Lao economy is growing at around 7%-8% per annum, it is becoming more and more modern. This is the reason why they look more international, I see no problem with Lao Lum women wearing western clothing while only wearing traditional Lao clothes during ceremonies, religious festivals etc. At the end of the day they are still Lao. The ethnic minorities can dress themselves as Lao people all they want, it still doesn't make them Lao as they are not ethnically Lao.

Why do I hate the minorities? They make up 45% of the population, they breed like rats and will surpass us in numbers. If we allow this to happen it is us Lao that will be the minority in our own country. Not to mention that they demand to be treated on equal terms with us Lao Lum yet have contributed nothing to our civilization. They are also the main culprits when it comes to ripping off and stealing from tourists which gives Laos a bad image.

However their days are numbered with the construction of the dams and the proposed railway line connecting China to Laos and SE Asia. And that's only the beginning, soon we'll need more and more of our land that they illegally settled in for development.

Looking at that photo of the Tai-Dam, they really do need our help to get them out of the poverty line.

You might have to double your efforts in your search for that traditional Lao girl as the Lao Government plans to get Laos out of the developing nations group by 2020 and into the upper-middle income group by 2030 at the latest. In any case best of luck to you.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #37 - 23rd Nov, 2014 at 4:08pm

I don't know if you are trolling or what but there's no way their days are numbered. What will happen when that rail line is built? Will they just drop dead or vanish into thin air? I don't see what you mean. Also let's be realistic, the GDP is growing but you can't change an entire country from primarily rural farmers to high class educated people in 5-6 years. I say it's impossible. I wonder if you have really been to Laos and interacted with the people as much as I have or are just a Lao-American making up facts and preaching hate. Violence only leads to more violence.

Look at Thailand, it's one of the richest nations in ASEAN but they still have issues getting youth to stay in the education system. A lot of Thais drop out in 9th grade still.

As for Laos, what about the Lao people who haven't gone through the educational system? They can't get jobs anywhere so they won't be benfitted by this. I think it will take a generation to get anywhere.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like to see Lao people suffering, but those Tai Dam girls don't seem so sad. You don't need to become western in order to develop your country, people just choose to because of their own lack of honor and blindly following trends. I could have a PhD and still wear a sarong if I wanted to. In a way I admire the Muslims for being so good at keeping their culture, but I don't support all the violence.

In the end I don't have a say in any of this, it's all up to the Lao government (since the people have no say) but I don't see why I won't be able to get a traditional Lao girl in my lifetime. The traditional girls still alive today won't just die or vanish due to some development. The non-traditionals will keep being non-traditional and the traditional ones are still being born in rural areas.

http://www.ibtimes.com/laos-rapid-economic-growth-landlocked-southeast-asian-cou...

Read this.

View Profile  
IP Logged

LPB7
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Lao Lan Xang, Lao Dang,
pen khon Lao kue gun

Reply #38 - 23rd Nov, 2014 at 9:19pm

No, of course the indigenous groups won't just vanished into thin air. But with modern development in rural areas it is the indigenous people that will lose their living space and farming grounds which in turn will deplete their population size. Just like the native Indians of America and the Aborigines of Australia their numbers will be greatly reduced within the next hundred years. And do you really think the development will stop at these two major projects? The Chinese, Vietnamese, Thais and Koreans all want a piece of the pie. Nothing can stop the development into the indigenous peoples settlements. There is too much money involved, the Government won't hesitate to displace and destroy the lands that the indigenous people live on. The welfare of the ethnic minorities means absolutely nothing to the Government, Government officials are making hundreds of thousands (probably millions) of dollars on the side through modernization.

My resentment towards the ethnic minorities is no different to your hatred shown towards the Siamese.

And yes I have been to Laos on many occasions as I have a lot of relatives from my dad's side that reside in Vientiane and Luang Prabang. Quite a few of them work for the Government and are doing very well for themselves.

Regarding the Lao people with little or no education, it obviously won't help them in the short term but it will in the long term. Nothing happens overnight.

Laos is moving inexorably forward to becoming a modern state while staying true to her traditions and culture, that is a fact. You can embrace the new Laos or you can despise it, it's your choice.

By the way I wasn't insulting you when I said best of luck in your search for a traditional Lao girl.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #39 - 23rd Nov, 2014 at 11:25pm

Lol, I just read my OP and no I didn't almost cry. I've seen much worse than that. Anyways, it's just human nature to be aggressive. It's too bad though, I don't think any country is innocent, they're all just motivated by greed and power.

There's a quote that says "There are no good guys, only bad guys and worse guys."

Human nature, it's wicked, but in the end who ends up suffering, on a larger scope? How about animals, nature, our planet? We need trees to survive, pretty much. I'm getting off topic, but anyways I did see Lao people build mansions on Ta-Oy land in Salavan, and the Ta-Oy were their allies, so that just goes to show you.

I'm sure Laos needs some kind of development to stop it from turning into a shithole like Africa, but this is just too over the top, all the dams blocking the river, among other things.

You know what, you're damn right I will despise the new Laos and I'm not biased either because I despise America and Siam equally. Here in America there is a war on the male gender, liberalism and homosexual deviants on one side and ignorant bigots on the other.

Although Americans tend to be more humans than Siamese, this society is crappity smacked up because of moral panic, political correctness and feminism.
« Last Edit: 24th Nov, 2014 at 2:01am by Buk Nut »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #40 - 24th Nov, 2014 at 12:21am

This is for local Laotians and tourists with a bit of money. An elegant and cleaner place to dine and watch Lao dance routines like this. I will show more photos later on a different thread.

Luxurious place in Laos to dine

Luxurious place in Laos to dine

Please click on image to view a larger version

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

LPB7
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Lao Lan Xang, Lao Dang,
pen khon Lao kue gun

Reply #41 - 24th Nov, 2014 at 9:24am

I know you hate this type of modernization Mak Nad but this is the new look that Laos is heading towards.

https://www.facebook.com/amy.chanthaphavong/photos/pb.317017995072242.-220752000...

Ban_Phonphanao.jpg (97 KB | 681 )
Ban_Phonphanao.jpg
VTE_001.jpg (129 KB | 697 )
VTE_001.jpg
VTE_2.jpg (142 KB | 701 )
VTE_2.jpg
VTE_3.jpg (156 KB | 706 )
VTE_3.jpg
View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #42 - 24th Nov, 2014 at 10:19am

With the pics in mind, Mak Nad you have to triple your effort to find the lao girl you have in your wild imagination. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #43 - 24th Nov, 2014 at 10:51am

Why would I have to triple my effort? Thailand and Vietnam have those things too and they also have villagers. Who says one existing prevents the other from existing?

I've already stopped taking you seriously, LPB7, you're obviously a troll, and not a very good one. Just because some rich families in Laos bought some cars doesn't mean anything, and peter, I thought you'd be intelligent enough to use your critical thinking skills.

If the girls are in my imagination then I suppose the girls in my picture don't exist?

Also you must think that I'm a damn fool. I looked through that lady's photos and she is from the USA. She just went to Laos for one month. 

Ok little f@ggot, I've had enough of you and your tiny sissy noodle. You know what Na tua mea is? Well that's you, buk panya oon.

Take all your self righteous garbage and shove it up your goddamn effeminate ass, f@ggot.

How about I pound your pVssy face into the pavement, how's that direction pencil dick?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #44 - 24th Nov, 2014 at 11:57am

By the way peter, the insult was not directed at you, it was for this no good shemale pretender. I hope you get dropped off in Syria and left with IS, LpB7.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 79422 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 249104 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133295 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 70004 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47588 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 74062 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57677 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45495 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 41080 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 34025 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum