Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hands Up (Read 30992 times)

ba dac
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

pakse
Awards: 2
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Re: Hands Up
Reply #15 - 15th Mar, 2014 at 10:27am

That's probably why .No limit

View Profile  
IP Logged

grant
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Australia
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #16 - 16th Mar, 2014 at 3:16pm

Perhaps it is economics, a means to survival.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #17 - 18th Mar, 2014 at 10:39am

grant wrote on 16th Mar, 2014 at 3:16pm:
Perhaps it is economics, a means to survival.

True , prob hunt and to sell .Maybe trade for certain good,like rice and stuff. This is why i find it very sad for
majority of poor people over there.They just want a chance
whether education or a career . The people that's running the country now is not doing a very good job.I spoken to
many people about returning and opening up small business,
But none wanna take the risk.The problem they have is the
corrupt commies.I understand there's corruption everywhere.
But there's no check and balance put in place.

View Profile  
IP Logged

grant

I love Laos!

Australia
Reply #18 - 3rd Apr, 2014 at 1:35pm

It is a pity that you can't set up a small business as they are the backbone of any  country particularly one in need. Small grows into large with the right management and a little incentive from the government.

View Profile  
IP Logged

grant

I love Laos!

Australia
Reply #19 - 8th May, 2014 at 5:53am

Just another question ..why do a lot of people think the Lao government is corrupt?

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #20 - 8th May, 2014 at 10:04am

Welcome to China, feel it and welcome to Laos, touch it! Grin Applause

grant wrote on 8th May, 2014 at 5:53am:
Just another question ..why do a lot of people think the Lao government is corrupt?

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #21 - 8th May, 2014 at 10:55am

grant wrote on 8th May, 2014 at 5:53am:

Comeon really ? Last time i read somewhere .They were
borrowing money from the IMF.But it was diffucult cause
they would get the money and nothing was being done.
Shotty work or somehow money just disappear (more like into an account in Swizterland somewhere) Do you realize
that Japan help extending the airport in Vietiane ? When
you have no check and balance system in place.The one
in charge with power is corrupt. You didn't think they will
help their own people out of kindness ?  Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #22 - 5th Jun, 2014 at 4:17am

This is very unfortunate but this is a typical and universal third and second world situation.  Africa is worse.  Corruption in second and third world nations does not improve the nation's instability issue.    

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #23 - 19th Jun, 2014 at 2:33am

Laos does try to protect some forests and animals but they don't have the budget to pay rangers much money and so people continue to cut down the forests and kill the animals.

I still prefer that to the city people's diet of only beef, pork and fish.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #24 - 19th Jun, 2014 at 9:03am

From my experiences, I personally think any actions taken by Gov to protect forests or animals or environment are talk shows if the property is not private. Cronnies profite on people's good intention.

Thinking
Buk Nut wrote on 19th Jun, 2014 at 2:33am:
Laos does try to protect some forests and animals but they don't have the budget to pay rangers much money and so people continue to cut down the forests and kill the animals.

I still prefer that to the city people's diet of only beef, pork and fish.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #25 - 20th Jun, 2014 at 12:26am

I once knew someone in Laos who was a forest ranger. I also knew someone that said free land in Laos is still plenty and you can just ask for a plot for free. Not sure how true that is, but it's disgusting how they can destroy nature like that. Look at other countries like Brazil, Costa Rica and even the United States that have preserved forests. I live in the United States and there are many natural parks here that are protected. Same thing with Canada. This is different from Thailand where you will rarely see a grove of trees anywhere you go. I ask the Thais about this and they just get all flustered and then say that it is necessary for development, and then when I say no it's not they are just fueled by greed and Thai people are sick in the head, they tell me to go live in Burma or something.

Thais should just burn in hell.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 288075 Last Post Today at 5:11pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85998 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137829 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74273 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 51039 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77263 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60619 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47911 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43129 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35581 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum