Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
How many type of tribes in Laos ? (Read 66048 times)

mitch
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Re: How many type of tribes in Laos ?
Reply #30 - 25th Jul, 2016 at 12:02pm

TexasCowboy wrote on 23rd Jul, 2016 at 10:56am:
Liberals are the most ignorant type of person and what is infuriating about them is that they think consider themselves to be enlightened humanists. The average liberal isn't used to arguing with someone who is informed so it's usually easy to catch them off guard.

Anyways, Bhutan is a tiny country with a tiny population. It's unreasonable to expect them to welcome Nepalese farmers with open arms. I have nothing against Nepalese people either. Many of them are friendly. But what could the Bhutanese possibly stand to gain by letting them into Bhutan?

Exactly, it's the same with illegal Mexicans/South Americans coming into the US.  It's called zero value migration: they're a net drain on US society.

Western progressivism/leftism is a mental illness, I don't want to see that spreading to Laos and SEA.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #31 - 25th Jul, 2016 at 2:43pm

Build a Great Wall of Laos Applause

Let them pay for it!  Applause

I supply bricks made in China.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

mitch wrote on 25th Jul, 2016 at 12:02pm:
Liberals are the most ignorant type of person and what is infuriating about them is that they think consider themselves to be enlightened humanists. The average liberal isn't used to arguing with someone who is informed so it's usually easy to catch them off guard.

Anyways, Bhutan is a tiny country with a tiny population. It's unreasonable to expect them to welcome Nepalese farmers with open arms. I have nothing against Nepalese people either. Many of them are friendly. But what could the Bhutanese possibly stand to gain by letting them into Bhutan?

Exactly, it's the same with illegal Mexicans/South Americans coming into the US.  It's called zero value migration: they're a net drain on US society.

Western progressivism/leftism is a mental illness, I don't want to see that spreading to Laos and SEA.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #32 - 26th Jul, 2016 at 11:18pm

mitch wrote on 25th Jul, 2016 at 12:02pm:

To be fair, I don't see it spreading to Southeast Asia much, at least during our lifetime. The reason that mentality exists is because of Western universities being controlled by Marxist ideals and professors indoctrinating these ideals to the students. This liberal mentality mainly exists among privileged upper middle class communities in the west. A lot of people in Southeast Asia don't even go to university and those that do don't go to quality ones where this type of curriculum is covered. I don't see Southeast Asia having a high human development index anytime soon. Southeast Asian women care too much about attracting men and getting "the D" to really become SJWs. None of them want to end up as old cat ladies, trust me on that.

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #33 - 27th Jul, 2016 at 2:13am

Laos is one of the most uncucked countries in the world. Same with Cambodia. It's one of many reasons why Laos is still awesome. Even if I were totally fluent in Lao I don't think it would really be possible to fully explain PC culture and cultural Marxism to people living in a nominally Marxist republic... LOL peterpan and Saovaluck probably have no idea about what we're talking about since they've never been exposed to this nonsense.

Lao people are brutally honest when it comes to certain issues. They prefer white skin and consider darker skin to be ugly. Most Lao consider Africans to be ugly and Lao people make fun of Indians and White people. It does suck to be on the receiving end of blatant racism but it is their country and a foreigner can either put up with it or get out.

Blatant racism is definitely better than being so inclusive that you end up destroying your own culture in the process. This is what the liberals are doing to the west presently. I was reading a liberal article earlier and it was just more tripe and the comments were also worthless. I've also met a lot of liberals in Cambodia and Laos and they are just complete morons. They speak maybe 500 words of the national language and this seems to be their cutoff point even if they've spent years in the country. Maybe someday I should apply for some sort of position at a NGO because these liberals do seem to have enough money to pay $3.50 for coffee and $2.50 for a dessert. They stay in the nicest areas. But besides the doctors and engineers and a few other skilled professions the NGO workers are useless. And these feminist NGO liberal types kick and scream about racism but they have a tendency to only date white men. But somehow their preferences are the fault of the evil cis white male who uses his white privilege to date local women instead of an entitled, most likely overweight snowflake. I once met a group of Peace Corps women and all of them without exception were overweight.

What is wrong about people wanting to stick to with their own and wanting their race to remain pure? If you want to mix, then by all means go for it. But why should you expect everyone to hand you a trophy or expect society to treat your union as equal when your partner is an outlander?

Most East Asians weren't subjected to twelve years of cultural Marxist brainwashing during their formative years so they generally rely on their instincts instead of a lame ideology. They still demand their women to look good and they are naturally more wary of foreigners. As a consequence, they are generally way more enthusiastic when they see foreigners taking an interest in their culture because it is still a rarity. Most E. Asian countries are homogeneous so the people are also more trusting towards foreigners who are making an effort to integrate.

Now a liberal will say "Well what about Laos, look at the ethnic diversity" But the fact is that most of the population practices Buddhism. The animists have their own religions but their religions aren't of a universalist type. Most of the animists are going to end up speaking Lao and later Chinese anyways. And the example of Laos actually proves my point because there is a serious conflict between the Hmong and the Lao and there are problems and disputes between the highlanders. But the ethnic groups in Laos are pretty similar to one another. There isn't the cultural gap between say Mexicans and White Americans or even blacks and White Americans.

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #34 - 27th Jul, 2016 at 2:26am

To address your post Mak Nad: From my observations most of these western ladies think they're going to find someone. They think that men want to get married just as much as women do.  They think that it is empowering to only take from a relationship without giving anything back.  And women (yes, statistically it is women) are voting for laxer immigration policies. But how could western women have turned out any differently when they've been taught to see the world this way during their formative years in school and later during their college years?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #35 - 27th Jul, 2016 at 3:10am

Even my mom who has lived in America for a few decades doesn't understand PC culture or even know what it is. That just goes to show you why Marxism is targeted at children. Many Southeast Asians grow up with a natural outlook on the world, and don't understand propaganda.

About the animists speaking Lao and the Lao speaking Chinese, there's a probability of it happening, but it would probably take about a century or two for everyone to completely switch. I've seen some very young kids and wives in their 30s in Laos (of the animist variety) who can't even speak Lao. Some can speak it but not fluently. Unless the Lao government resettles them in the middle of Lao people or gives them world class education, I don't see it changing easily. If you know Tad Lo in Salavan, there is a small slum area to the left of the main waterfalls, back down the road a bit. That entire neighborhood is Ta-Oy animists, but the Lao people own the resorts in the area and run the businesses. Everyone in the Ta-oy slum speaks Ta-Oy and none are Buddhist, but the Lao are actually developing the slum and building some mansions among the shacks. 

As for China, in Southern Yunnan province, Tai-Kadai languages are still flourishing, and that area is legitimately part of China. So if any of these changes happen it'll be long after we die.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #36 - 27th Jul, 2016 at 3:12am

As for western women being taught to see the world a certain way, I was raised around this my entire life as well and taught the same things but I somehow managed to avoid the brainwashing. I was never liberal...never, even having been raised in California. I just always got irritated whenever the teachers started preaching their Marxist values and kinda shut it out, brushed it off as bullshit. I can't say the same for the other students.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #37 - 27th Jul, 2016 at 12:05pm

Tai-Kadai is OK in Guang Xi Province some areas of Yunnnan Province near Guang Xi Province. The language is dying in the areas in Yunnnan. The reason younger generation is leaving.  Grin Grin Grin.

Buk Nut wrote on 27th Jul, 2016 at 3:10am:
Even my mom who has lived in America for a few decades doesn't understand PC culture or even know what it is. That just goes to show you why Marxism is targeted at children. Many Southeast Asians grow up with a natural outlook on the world, and don't understand propaganda.

About the animists speaking Lao and the Lao speaking Chinese, there's a probability of it happening, but it would probably take about a century or two for everyone to completely switch. I've seen some very young kids and wives in their 30s in Laos (of the animist variety) who can't even speak Lao. Some can speak it but not fluently. Unless the Lao government resettles them in the middle of Lao people or gives them world class education, I don't see it changing easily. If you know Tad Lo in Salavan, there is a small slum area to the left of the main waterfalls, back down the road a bit. That entire neighborhood is Ta-Oy animists, but the Lao people own the resorts in the area and run the businesses. Everyone in the Ta-oy slum speaks Ta-Oy and none are Buddhist, but the Lao are actually developing the slum and building some mansions among the shacks. 

As for China, in Southern Yunnan province, Tai-Kadai languages are still flourishing, and that area is legitimately part of China. So if any of these changes happen it'll be long after we die.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #38 - 27th Jul, 2016 at 12:20pm

Where are they going?

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #39 - 27th Jul, 2016 at 12:22pm

Your teachers preach Marxist values in economic area or idealogical area? I think they teach in a balance way, both the values are precious in future life. 

I think what confuses you is why the driver turns on left light while zipping right and the driver is still alive well. I solved this puzzle in 1996 in Pattaya  Grin Grin Grin

Buk Nut wrote on 27th Jul, 2016 at 3:12am:
As for western women being taught to see the world a certain way, I was raised around this my entire life as well and taught the same things but I somehow managed to avoid the brainwashing. I was never liberal...never, even having been raised in California. I just always got irritated whenever the teachers started preaching their Marxist values and kinda shut it out, brushed it off as bullshit. I can't say the same for the other students.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #40 - 27th Jul, 2016 at 12:34pm

City for money.

Buk Nut wrote on 27th Jul, 2016 at 12:20pm:
Where are they going?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #41 - 27th Jul, 2016 at 12:38pm

So they go to the city for money and they don't ever go home? What about when they get married? Do they marry another Dai or do they marry a Han Chinese?

Maybe they marry another Dai but the kid is born in the city and speaks only Yunanese/Mandarin?

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #42 - 27th Jul, 2016 at 12:43pm

yes, as you said, it just happens. their kids speak Chinese, not their own language, even the parents have the same minority root, their kids can understand, yet, not speak, this is the best senario, usually, their kids dont speak and dont understand. I have many friends just like this.  It is pity. I am trying to learn their language.

Buk Nut wrote on 27th Jul, 2016 at 12:38pm:
So they go to the city for money and they don't ever go home? What about when they get married? Do they marry another Dai or do they marry a Han Chinese?

Maybe they marry another Dai but the kid is born in the city and speaks only Yunanese/Mandarin?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #43 - 28th Jul, 2016 at 12:01am

This is obvious for a kid that's born in the city, but what about leaving the kids with the grandparents while they work in the city? Then they grow up with people of their own race. Thats what I usually see in Southeast Asia. Not all people who work in the city move there permanently. Most just rent a room near their job and when they're done they go back home.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #44 - 29th Jul, 2016 at 10:11am

man we really went off topic on this one .lol

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78051 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248639 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 132988 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69699 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47349 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73837 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57465 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45320 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40911 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33910 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum