Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Laos attracts Japanese, S. Korean companies (Read 30215 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Laos attracts Japanese, S. Korean companies
4th Jun, 2011 at 3:43pm

Low-wage Laos attracts Japanese, S. Korean companies.

http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201106030150.html

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Re: Laos attracts Japanese, S. Korean companies
Reply #1 - 4th Jun, 2011 at 3:51pm

It's good because these company created jobs for Lao citizens, but $65 a month is way way too low. Government should increase the minimum wages to $100 or more. 

In the U.S minimum wages is $5.75 an hour about $920 a month. But most full time worker make way more then that. Cost of living is high if you make $920 a month in america you pretty much starve to death.
Wink
« Last Edit: 4th Jun, 2011 at 10:24pm by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #2 - 4th Jun, 2011 at 11:09pm

Cali minimum wage is about $9.00 per hour I think....I am not so sure but that is low for $65 a month in Laos

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #3 - 5th Jun, 2011 at 12:49am

$9 is pretty good.
Wink

LaoguySoCal wrote on 4th Jun, 2011 at 11:09pm:
Cali minimum wage is about $9.00 per hour I think....I am not so sure but that is low for $65 a month in Laos

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #4 - 5th Jun, 2011 at 3:07am

llX wrote on 5th Jun, 2011 at 12:49am:
$9 is pretty good.
Wink

Actually California min wage is at $8.00/hr, which is not bad all depending on where you live.  If you live in San Francisco, making that much will still put you on the street.  For a studio in San Francisco is about $1500-2000, you are not going to make it unless you have roommates.  If you live in the San Joaquin Valley, you'll likely have a place to live. Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #5 - 5th Jun, 2011 at 3:13am

Home prices in California is rediculous, for example $500,000 for a 2bdrm/2bath.  For that same money you can probably get a mansion in Texas with 5bdrm/4bath and at least 5,000 sqft of living space.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #6 - 5th Jun, 2011 at 7:26am

Its not good If you rent is $1500-$2000 but you only make $8 an hour. Similar to Laos the rent start at $150-$600 but average worker only make $65 a month.
Wink

OMD wrote on 5th Jun, 2011 at 3:07am:
llX wrote on 5th Jun, 2011 at 12:49am:
$9 is pretty good.
Wink

Actually California min wage is at $8.00/hr, which is not bad all depending on where you live.  If you live in San Francisco, making that much will still put you on the street.  For a studio in San Francisco is about $1500-2000, you are not going to make it unless you have roommates.  If you live in the San Joaquin Valley, you'll likely have a place to live. Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

BlastSweep
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #7 - 6th Jun, 2011 at 1:08am

Going back to the original article, I'm very glad to see more Japanese manufacturing interest in Laos.

I'm currently interning with a company who has adopted Japanese manufacturing philosophies, which I now feel are the best and most effective in the world compared to that of Chinese and American.

Having a Japanese influence of commercial industry in Laos is the right direction for us stepping in to new territory like this. Coupled with a stock market that was helped by South Korea, and the sheer investment of neighboring countries, we should have an excellent prospect.

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #8 - 6th Jun, 2011 at 2:32am

May I ask, what are those Janapenese philosphies with comparison to the American's?

BlastSweep wrote on 6th Jun, 2011 at 1:08am:
Going back to the original article, I'm very glad to see more Japanese manufacturing interest in Laos.

I'm currently interning with a company who has adopted Japanese manufacturing philosophies, which I now feel are the best and most effective in the world compared to that of Chinese and American.

Having a Japanese influence of commercial industry in Laos is the right direction for us stepping in to new territory like this. Coupled with a stock market that was helped by South Korea, and the sheer investment of neighboring countries, we should have an excellent prospect.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #9 - 6th Jun, 2011 at 3:46am

Japanese is a good friends and been helping Laos. Japanese are good as what they do. I also like Singapore the most business friendliest country in the world. They rank #1 Laos rank #170.
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

BlastSweep

I Love Laos!

Reply #10 - 6th Jun, 2011 at 4:00am

PEACE wrote on 6th Jun, 2011 at 2:32am:
May I ask, what are those Janapenese philosphies with comparison to the American's?

I wouldn't be able to explain it in-depth, but if you are truly interested, check out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Production_System

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lean_manufacturing

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #11 - 6th Jun, 2011 at 12:41pm

'Gung Ho' mentality!  Thanks and I will check it out.

View Profile  
IP Logged

BlastSweep

I Love Laos!

Reply #12 - 7th Jun, 2011 at 2:18am

Then you should go get an education and some Lao history lessons. Roll Eyes

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #13 - 7th Jun, 2011 at 2:53am

I am 100% sure Lan Xang knew the whole history of Laos already Wink

My educated guess would limited opportunities/options for the people and limited business sectors currently existing in Laos.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #14 - 7th Jun, 2011 at 3:03am

I know a lttile bit about Laos history, but not an export. I had a college degree.

Not just Laos. Many democracy country in Latin American, Africa, Middle East also have low GDP. Cuba per capita is $9,700. Vietnam $1,160 and Laos $954. Can you explain why?
Cheesy Wink

BlastSweep wrote on 7th Jun, 2011 at 2:18am:
Then you should go get an education and some Lao history lessons. Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 7th Jun, 2011 at 6:50am by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 12626 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 92737 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 295876 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 142565 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 78503 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54570 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 80461 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63430 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50224 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45098 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum