Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What is laopride.com for? (Read 20555 times)

JSEA
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
What is laopride.com for?
14th Jun, 2011 at 9:49am

I'm just curious because of this:

http://www.laopride.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1307933223

Seems like the pictures are getting more and more risque. I'm not really complaining, but I reallllly am curious about the business strategy behind laopride.com, and the other related sites.

It seems like they are toned down Thai Bride type sites, but toned down so much as to be completely pointless.

Anyone got any insights?

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

DIN FAR
Re: What is laopride.com for?
Reply #1 - 14th Jun, 2011 at 2:34pm

I have been for several months now and I would say a little bit of everything of various topics that I can use for knowledge.  The 'risqueness' has always been very conservative like the one mentioned which is what I prefer in the forum and I don't really pay attention or care to the other sister sites.  I am here to get knowlege and knowledge is power.   

I think the site is funded by a re-incarnated Judy Garland currently in Vientiane Wink.

View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal

I Love Laos!

Reply #2 - 14th Jun, 2011 at 7:07pm

re-incarnated Judy Garland currently in Vientiane   Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Laosnow
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #3 - 15th Jun, 2011 at 1:18am

PEACE wrote on 14th Jun, 2011 at 2:34pm:
I think the site is funded by a re-incarnated Judy Garland currently in Vientiane Wink.

Judging by the English Admin uses, I would say that's highly likely.  She certainly doesn't use English like any Lao person I've ever known.  More like a native speaker such as Judy Garland.

From what I've seen, the discussion forum is an insignificant part of the business model and its only purpose seems to be to draw in men interested in Lao girls - hence the frequent sexy girlie pictures.

My guess is the site's income comes from matching up Lao girls with foreign men in the sister sites.  Whether the men pay, or the girls pay, or the advertising revenue funds the business, I have no idea.

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

DIN FAR
Reply #4 - 15th Jun, 2011 at 2:50am

Personally I do enjoy being here and it is free and I probably can speak for almost all who have been frequent here as well.  Kudos to Admin for uploading some good stuff from  Vientaine and Laos and telling it like it is Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

JSEA

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #5 - 15th Jun, 2011 at 2:38pm

Yeah, I'm not complaining, it just seems very bizarre the way the sites are setup, it kinda feels like a bait and switch. Except the bait is really good, the switch not so much >D

I was curious if anyone else had figured out more than I had.

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #6 - 16th Jun, 2011 at 1:41am

JSEA wrote on 15th Jun, 2011 at 2:38pm:
Yeah, I'm not complaining, it just seems very bizarre the way the sites are setup, it kinda feels like a bait and switch. Except the bait is really good, the switch not so much >D

The more traffic you bring in to your site and an agreement with certain business organization, you can get paid for it.  I use to do that with my old website.  I signed up with business oriented companies, posted ads, web links, etc...we get paid through traffic clicks.  That is also the reason certain website don't care who leaves or who stays.

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #7 - 16th Jun, 2011 at 2:30am

This site -www.badboyblues.info?

OMD wrote on 16th Jun, 2011 at 1:41am:

The more traffic you bring in to your site and an agreement with certain business organization, you can get paid for it.  I use to do that with my old website.  I signed up with business oriented companies, posted ads, web links, etc...we get paid through traffic clicks.  That is also the reason certain website don't care who leaves or who stays.

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #8 - 16th Jun, 2011 at 4:00am

PEACE wrote on 16th Jun, 2011 at 2:30am:

The more traffic you bring in to your site and an agreement with certain business organization, you can get paid for it.  I use to do that with my old website.  I signed up with business oriented companies, posted ads, web links, etc...we get paid through traffic clicks.  That is also the reason certain website don't care who leaves or who stays.

No, it's myl-clan.com (Americas Army Operations gaming).  I had a couple of people run the site 5-6 years.  The ads and donations covered the cost of game servers and other expenses.  Ever since I switched host and give someone else ownership to the domain..it hasn't been as active as far as traffic goes.  Back then we use to average about 200-800 people per day in traffic when the game was at it's popularity peak.

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #9 - 16th Jun, 2011 at 12:57pm

Curious-What is badboyblue.info?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #10 - 16th Jun, 2011 at 3:35pm

You were in online gambling business? I heard some people do make money.
Wink

OMD wrote on 16th Jun, 2011 at 4:00am:

No, it's myl-clan.com (Americas Army Operations gaming).  I had a couple of people run the site 5-6 years.  The ads and donations covered the cost of game servers and other expenses.  Ever since I switched host and give someone else ownership to the domain..it hasn't been as active as far as traffic goes.  Back then we use to average about 200-800 people per day in traffic when the game was at it's popularity peak.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #11 - 16th Jun, 2011 at 3:36pm

Sound similar to LP websites.
Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #12 - 16th Jun, 2011 at 3:39pm

You are right on the money. I didn't think about it before. Nothting personal just business.
Cheesy Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #13 - 16th Jun, 2011 at 8:18pm

PEACE wrote on 16th Jun, 2011 at 12:57pm:
Curious-What is badboyblue.info?

It's a Eurodance music group from the 80s I grew up with.  I'm a big fan of theirs as you are for Heavy Metal groups, or the Admin obsession of Judy Garland. Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #14 - 16th Jun, 2011 at 8:23pm

llX wrote on 16th Jun, 2011 at 3:35pm:
You were in online gambling business? I heard some people do make money.
Wink

OMD wrote on 16th Jun, 2011 at 4:00am:

No, it's myl-clan.com (Americas Army Operations gaming).  I had a couple of people run the site 5-6 years.  The ads and donations covered the cost of game servers and other expenses.  Ever since I switched host and give someone else ownership to the domain..it hasn't been as active as far as traffic goes.  Back then we use to average about 200-800 people per day in traffic when the game was at it's popularity peak.

Actual gaming such as COD, Battlefield,etc...I wish I can get into the gambling business as you mentioned, but, that's illegal.  Have you seen the latest crackdowns?  A lot of arrest and fines.  Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 13065 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 92930 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 296079 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 142717 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 78648 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54677 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 80552 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63519 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50287 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45155 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum