Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What happen to Chinatown in Laos? (Read 22477 times)

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Re: What happen to Chinatown in Laos?
Reply #15 - 21st Mar, 2011 at 6:25am

llX wrote on 9th Aug, 2010 at 2:03am:
Admin Saovaluck wrote on 8th Aug, 2010 at 10:39pm:
We don't have any money to fix the potholes in the roads, let alone build Chinatown, but I guess what they want to build in Vientiane is a matter for them.

Chinese or Vietnamese doesn't matter, it's better to judge people by their actions and not their race.

Don't really care about race. Just want to see Laos free and prosper. Laos been under foreign power for too long and oppressed. The Thai, French now under Vietnam. Sad but true.

Now China. Sad but true.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #16 - 22nd Mar, 2011 at 1:10am

I read on the news they saids Chinatown in Vientiane is cancel because too many people protest. But they will build economic zone instead. I could be wrong maybe Admins know
Huh Roll Eyes

Larb Dip wrote on 21st Mar, 2011 at 6:25am:
llX wrote on 9th Aug, 2010 at 2:03am:
Admin Saovaluck wrote on 8th Aug, 2010 at 10:39pm:
We don't have any money to fix the potholes in the roads, let alone build Chinatown, but I guess what they want to build in Vientiane is a matter for them.

Chinese or Vietnamese doesn't matter, it's better to judge people by their actions and not their race.

Don't really care about race. Just want to see Laos free and prosper. Laos been under foreign power for too long and oppressed. The Thai, French now under Vietnam. Sad but true.

Now China. Sad but true.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #17 - 22nd Mar, 2011 at 3:55am

There indeed is a Chinatown in Vientiane. The locals point and refer in it's direction as 'the Chinese area'. Don't just take my word for it, ask the admin', she'll tell you herself Grin

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #18 - 22nd Mar, 2011 at 3:56am

By the way: What exactly does 'the Chinese area' translate to in the native tongue?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #19 - 22nd Mar, 2011 at 5:13pm

Larb Dip wrote on 22nd Mar, 2011 at 3:55am:
There indeed is a Chinatown in Vientiane. The locals point and refer in it's direction as 'the Chinese area'. Don't just take my word for it, ask the admin', she'll tell you herself Grin

Admins would know, but sometime she can't say about certain topic. No freedom of speech in Laos.
Shocked Roll Eyes

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #20 - 22nd Mar, 2011 at 7:35pm

llX wrote on 10th Aug, 2010 at 10:15pm:
Are you Thai? Chinese immigrant already run Thailand, they control economy and military. Chinese immigrant started coming to Thailand 200-300 year ago. Prostitution is illegal in Laos, and not openly advertise, but there is few, but sex industry  is about 4% of Thai economy about $4 billion a year business.

macro wrote on 10th Aug, 2010 at 11:17am:
Hey, I was there and talk with some store owners, true, I haven't seen many Lao worker there, most of the stores are run by family members, of course, all bloody Chinese, those poor souls were tricked by the manufacturer to go to Laos to open store and push their goods, another form of cheap labour (slavery), worst still, you have to feed yourself. The rent is quite expensive, so it's the big guys that make money, I think it's the Chinese government's policy try to colonise Laos (same thing happen in Cambodia, but they're in much better position than Laos).
Funny though, it seems that those chinese only sell to themselves, hardly any Lao people buy the stuff (probably they don't have money).
Hey, I'm not an angel, so I went down to Karaoke bar for some fun,  I tried to communicate with my new found girlfriend in English--no good, try some Vietnamese--also no good, since Laos was a French colony and still use some French--try some Francaise--no good either, darn, how about some Manderine ah, bingo, not much but at least some communication, looks like people that can spend some serious money is Chinese, and looks like Laos is trying to bring their country to prosperity by selling their women cheaply (chinese is very good in bargaining), and looks like the economy will once again control by the Chinese, sorry folks, just like before you Laos will be servents and Chinese will be your master.
The only people Laos need is the oversea Laos to go back and invest in their own country and start slowly, sadly most oversea Laos don't want to take the risk.
Laos is a friendly and peaceful race, sadly, they'll lose their country hopefully not too soon.

If you want to dig deeper...you can say American is under control by the Jewish.What different between Jewish and Chinese? I can't see the different at all. Stop blame other people of their success..Looking at your self...first...

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #21 - 22nd Mar, 2011 at 10:29pm

I blame Vietnam for Laos poverty and underdeveloped. They been colonized, control our belove country since 1975 and influences Laos policy. Wonder why Lao government started to bring in China to help out. Vietnam has not done much for Laos development in the past 35 year that's why Laos is still one of the poorest country in the world. Laos rank pretty high on corruption, business ranking is 171 out of 187. About 40% of Lao children under age of 5 are malnourish. Vietnam import 80% of Laos timber to support their $3.5 billion furniture export business. Maybe in 10 year forest in Laos will be gone. I say "du ma gong kuk" Viet Cong go home.
Grin Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #22 - 23rd Mar, 2011 at 3:10am

llX wrote on 22nd Mar, 2011 at 10:29pm:
I blame Vietnam for Laos poverty and underdeveloped. They been colonized, control our belove country since 1975 and influences Laos policy. Wonder why Lao government started to bring in China to help out. Vietnam has not done much for Laos development in the past 35 year that's why Laos is still one of the poorest country in the world. Laos rank pretty high on corruption, business ranking is 171 out of 187. About 40% of Lao children under age of 5 are malnourish. Vietnam import 80% of Laos timber to support their $3.5 billion furniture export business. Maybe in 10 year forest in Laos will be gone. I say "du ma gong kuk" Viet Cong go home.
Grin Grin

Who lets them ('puak Gaauw') do anything in Laos in the first place?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #23 - 23rd Mar, 2011 at 3:54am

Lao Dang government let them because Vietnam is in charge and put them in power. Vietnam has their own agenda and interest. I don't think  they has Laos best interest at heart. When foreigner colonized your country they will exploit you and your natural resource. it's all about money and power. 
Angry Sad

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #24 - 23rd Mar, 2011 at 4:06am

llX wrote on 23rd Mar, 2011 at 3:54am:
Lao Dang government because Vietnam is in charge and put them in power. Vietnam has their own agenda and interest. I don't think Viet Minh has Laos best interest at heart. When foreigner colonized your country they will exploit you and your natural resource.
Angry Sad

Very, very true my brother. In every country where colonisation has occured, all the indeginous populations are always put on the back burner. Our beloved Laos in no different (why should it be?). Look at NZ for example: it is estimated by those in the know that almost half the Maori population is in jail. There are alot living in State houses and living off welfare as well. Same as in Australia, the Aboriginies aren't too far off in their predicaments as well (according to the newspapers that I read, so don't qoute me on that!). But do you notice in every election year, the politicians always make PROMISES in exchange to secure the votes of the vulnerable. How about with the red Indians in your country? How are they doing in terms of quality of life?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 14431 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 93590 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 296748 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143146 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 79041 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 55022 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 80861 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63785 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50493 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45357 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum