Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Nuclear Plant explosion in Japan. (Read 16782 times)

chuck
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Nuclear Plant explosion in Japan.
14th Mar, 2011 at 10:26am

Hi there,

An awareness to be shared.
An explosion has happened in the Nuclear Plant in Sendai, Japan. There is a warning given that if it rains anytime soon within these few days we shouldn't get ourselves exposed to the rain. I supposed this is the same for Laos and any neighboring countries.

Take care.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Sao Lili
Global Moderator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Vientiane
Re: Nuclear Plant explosion in Japan.
Reply #1 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 10:43am

My thought and prayers goes out to Japan....

View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 5:46pm

Thank goodness that most of the prevailing winds blow out into the Pacific Ocean not toward Laos.

Take precautions and you should be fire. Sokdee.

IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #3 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 6:20pm

We live in the same world. Anything happen will affect us all. I wonder if this will affect the U.S. It might also affect climate.
Embarrassed Lips Sealed

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #4 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 6:22pm

Quote:
Thank goodness that most of the prevailing winds blow out into the Pacific Ocean not toward Laos.

Hopefully the wind don't blow toward the U.S or anywhere else. I wish Japanese people the best and fast recover.
Huh Cry

View Profile  
IP Logged

chuck
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #5 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 6:33pm

Quote:

well Malaysia is  below Laos so if we were given such warning to take precaution I think neighboring countries should be taking the same precaution as "An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure".

Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 15th Mar, 2011 at 6:31am

Even when I was in high school, and that was a long time ago. I warned about the inherent dangers of nuclear power plants. They are just too dangerous. Solar, wind, and geothermal is the way to go. You can even harness the power of the tide entering and exiting large bays and inlets.

I think I read that there won't be enough rads to make me glow by the time the cloud reaches the US.

I am not insensitive, I do care, globally for everyone. That is why I am making a donation this Friday to relief efforts in Japan. I hope everyone can do the same, but if not, your prayers will do.

IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 16th Mar, 2011 at 4:54am

Quote:

Take precautions and you should be (FINE). Sorry about that misspelling. I guess you 2 are not the only ones who misspell in your post. (you know who I am talking about) JUST KIDDING!!! 55555

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #8 - 16th Mar, 2011 at 5:38am

Third nuclear power plant has explored in Japan and 140,000 people are told to stay inside their home.
Undecided Lips Sealed

View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 16th Mar, 2011 at 5:46am

I pray that there will be an inhabitable Japan left after this is all over.   Sad

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #10 - 16th Mar, 2011 at 5:40pm

Quote:
I pray that there will be an inhabitable Japan left after this is all over.   Sad

My heart go out to the victims, but its getting worse. Now they had a big problem with radiation leak. 10,000 people is still missing.
Sad Undecided Embarrassed

View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 18th Mar, 2011 at 5:31am

The US State Department is advising Americans to leave Japan. They are even helping them get flights to Taiwan. The Japanese government and their nuclear power experts believe that the situation may soon be hopeless.

May God help them all!

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #12 - 18th Mar, 2011 at 6:06am

"Situation might soon be hopeless." That's doesn't sound good especially when it come from the government.
Embarrassed Undecided

View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 18th Mar, 2011 at 5:56pm

Japanese government has just upgraded the situation to a category 4 on the nuclear event scale. 1-7 Chernobyl was obviously a 7. They are calling the situation "grave" now.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #14 - 19th Mar, 2011 at 3:24am

Hopefully everything will be under control soon.
Huh Undecided

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 14173 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 93469 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 296651 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143072 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 78975 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54963 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 80813 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63744 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50454 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45333 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum