Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Visit visa fee waived for former Lao citizens (Read 23140 times)

PEACE
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

DIN FAR
Re: Visit visa fee waived for former Lao citizens
Reply #15 - 6th May, 2011 at 3:08am

US passport says 'Country of origin' (or soemthing like that) = LAOS for me but no 'City'

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #16 - 6th May, 2011 at 4:04am

PEACE wrote on 6th May, 2011 at 3:08am:
US passport says 'Country of origin' (or soemthing like that) = LAOS for me but no 'City'

Maybe they still has record of you and your family in Laos, and birth certificates. I moved to USA in 1990 at age 11. How about you?
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #17 - 7th May, 2011 at 3:10am

The US passport should be enough I think.  1980 and I was 8.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #18 - 7th May, 2011 at 5:31am

PEACE wrote on 7th May, 2011 at 3:10am:
The US passport should be enough I think.  1980 and I was 8.

I think so passport should be enough.
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #19 - 7th May, 2011 at 10:14pm

So you know all building codes for building residential/commerical buildings in Vientiane? You'd mentioned somewhere before that you are very knowlegeable about build homes and as such.  Does your uncle have his own building company or is he working for someone?

llX wrote on 7th May, 2011 at 5:31am:

Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #20 - 9th May, 2011 at 3:48am

My uncle work for a company. Sometime he  also work as a subcontract. I know about building code in the U.S, but not in Laos. Like Old Man say there's not must building code in Laos. Anybody can just build their own house. In America you need permit from the city and follow all the building code or they allow you to live in the house. Some of the work on the house have to be done by a license contractors.
Smiley

PEACE wrote on 7th May, 2011 at 10:14pm:
So you know all building codes for building residential/commerical buildings in Vientiane? You'd mentioned somewhere before that you are very knowlegeable about build homes and as such.  Does your uncle have his own building company or is he working for someone?

llX wrote on 7th May, 2011 at 5:31am:

Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #21 - 9th May, 2011 at 4:26am

Old Man says anything is possible outside of Vientiane.  However in Vientiane, there is a 'building code' that new homes have to abide by.  I saw this from a Lao PDR website before but the site does not mention specifically and the best way to know is probably through a builder or builders that are currently building those new houses in Vientiane.  So does your uncle know the bulding company in Vientaine?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #22 - 9th May, 2011 at 9:19pm

Yes my uncle know building company and all about the buidling code. If you need more  infor in the future let me know. I can ask him.
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #23 - 12th May, 2011 at 10:25pm

Are the builders in Vientaine follow the same building procedeurs as in the US that you know of?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #24 - 13th May, 2011 at 6:06am

I think they do, but there's more building code in America, it's  very strict and regulated.   
Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 15357 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 94101 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 297162 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143468 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 79314 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 55262 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 81081 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63979 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50641 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45489 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum