Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Illegal workers in Lao capital to be repatriated (Read 10911 times)

Beef Cake
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Illegal workers in Lao capital to be repatriated
13th Jan, 2014 at 9:19pm

Vientaine - Approximately 3,000 illegal workers in Lao capital Vientiane will soon be repatriated to their home countries, state-run daily Vientiane Times reported on Friday.

Foreigners working in the country without a permit are allowed to submit relevant documents to obtain legal recognition if their employer certifies them and facilitates the procedure to obtain the documents.

Foreigners who work in trades such as hawking goods or working in market stalls will not qualify for the documents and will be sent back to their countries of origin.

According to local media, some 7,500 workers have been reported to live in the capital. The majority of these workers have come from neighboring China and Vietnam.

Deputy Director of Vientiane Labor and Social Welfare Department Naenthong Leumaisone admitted that the mechanisms to return workers back to their countries of origin were difficult to implement as they remain undefined in the relevant legislation.

"Sending them back should be managed by the government or a central organization," he said.

According to Naenthong, local authorities should not be placed in the position to undertake the task of repatriating foreign workers.

According to local media, Vientiane authorities will seek guidance from the government regarding the ineligible workers.

Authorities are also working to enforce regulations which require foreigners operating businesses such as service-based shops or farms without a business license to register their businesses.

Regulation dictates that operators can register to legalize their businesses if their worth amounts to more than one billion kip ($125,000).

Businesses worth less than the figure of one billion kip but not less than 250 million kip will be given a two year period with which to grow their businesses to the required size for registration. Owners of businesses that fail to do so will be repatriated.

A senior government official recently announced the move to issue two-month validity documents to foreigners in the capital who are pursuing employment without the relevant work permits.

Approximately 1,074 illegal foreign workers living here in the capital have been granted documents in a move to legalize their status.

The move comes as part of a pilot scheme in the capital to regulate and document illegal foreign workers, small-scale traders and business operators.

Officials say that more work needs to be done in order to ensure that foreigners granted the two-month temporary documents obtain work permits and other relevant legal documents.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Re: Illegal workers in Lao capital to be repatriated
Reply #1 - 13th Jan, 2014 at 9:19pm

Applause

Go figure - Illegal China men and Viet men in Laos.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #2 - 17th Jan, 2014 at 12:57pm

What the hell man . They doing the work the others don't wanna do. My sister was in Laos couple years back.She said
the Viet work their ass off to earn a living. Just like the Mexicans here they do alot of hard labor work. Man if the USA did that alot of stuff wouldn't get done. Heck man give
em paperwork and make em pay taxes. Then that way you generate $$ . Instead waiting for hand out. Stupid commies

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #3 - 19th Jan, 2014 at 12:54pm

Show them the money, you will stay. With the coming of every festival, show them the beer, you will stay. Be their friends. It is universal rule. Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #4 - 20th Jan, 2014 at 3:56pm

peterpan wrote on 19th Jan, 2014 at 12:54pm:
Show them the money, you will stay. With the coming of every festival, show them the beer, you will stay. Be their friends. It is universal rule. Grin

Peter , you so right on this one.Just show em the $$$$.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #5 - 21st Jan, 2014 at 9:31am

Man, that is my experience. Open your classic movies box, take God Father Season 1. Watch it again.  I think it happens in USA also, maybe in a subtle way. Sorry for my corrupted mindset. Laugh

ba dac wrote on 20th Jan, 2014 at 3:56pm:
peterpan wrote on 19th Jan, 2014 at 12:54pm:

Peter , you so right on this one.Just show em the $$$$.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #6 - 21st Jan, 2014 at 11:18am

Grin  happen everywhere buddy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #7 - 27th Jan, 2014 at 12:05am

Cambodia is also said to have a lot of Vietnamese, who often get targeted by Western pedophiles

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #8 - 27th Jan, 2014 at 11:36am

Buk Nut wrote on 27th Jan, 2014 at 12:05am:
Cambodia is also said to have a lot of Vietnamese, who often get targeted by Western pedophiles

Alot of em are rich too.I saw a show one time .They had a club of these older guys .I saw one was actually a Dr.
Its so sad they go to all these poor country and rape kids ?
I mean freaking KIDS !!! I wish the goverment would take a 0 stance and just hang em .

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 284615 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85517 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137439 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 73930 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50749 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 76999 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60371 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47715 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 42976 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35455 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum