Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Recommendations for your site (Read 8294 times)

BorSonJai
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Recommendations for your site
6th Jun, 2009 at 1:02am

Dear Nang Admin,

Sabaidee. You have a nice site but I think that you can make it better and different from the other Lao forum sites. You have some good ideas by posting pictures of Laos. I think you can build from that. I don't think you should just limit this site to just being a chat site or a site linking to other sites.

There are many Lao people abroad that would love to visit Laos. Some may go to just visit as tourists. Some may go to marry poo sao Lao. Some may go to help out by lending their time or experiences. But few have any experience with this. Unless they go with relatives, it's very hard and scary going alone.

Maybe you can add a separate page here. Show us where we can go to eat. Where the restaurants are in Vientiane. Where the hotels are. Where to go and shop. What are the best places. Where to go site seeing. How do we go from here to there? What activities, as a tourist, can we do in Laos? Are there travel agencies in Vientiane that tells us where we can go and how?

There are many sites for Laos people to go and chat but not many places to go and find out about these things. I've been to Laos twice and I still don't have a clue what to do there.

Just my recommendation. Sok dee der.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Recommendations for your site
Reply #1 - 6th Jun, 2009 at 10:12am

We're not a tourist guide and we don't have time to go around looking up hotels, shops, travel agencies, etc.

There's alot of businesses but we don't want to advertise them on our site. We won't achieve anything by doing that, only they will.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

BorSonJai
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #2 - 6th Jun, 2009 at 1:07pm

Oy nor jao nee

This is the typical Laotian mentality. Khon yu meung khoy khor kid kue gun gup jao. They only think about themselves and what's good for them and what they can get out of doing things. When I was in Laos, one of the wife of someone who lives here in my city, wanted to send something to her husband. I thought, of course, bor ben yung. But my fiancee said, why do it for them. What will they do for you? To them, it's about immediate satisfaction. They don't think about the future. They don't think about the greater whole.

I think that it is the goal of any site to generate traffic to the site. At this point, you are just 1 of many sites similar to yours. What's the incentive for people wanting to come visit your site? Seems to me that most of the posts here are from you. How many hits do you get each week? There's nothing unique about it. As it is typical in Laos. Everyone who has something to sell, sell the same thing as everyone else just 3 feet next to them.

You have time to go running around taking pictures of unfortunate people. You have time to go around taking pictures of accidents. You have time to go around taking pictures of trash around Vientiane. I'm not suggesting for you to go visit each hotel and rate them.

How will you benefit from this? You will help Laos as a country to be known. Maybe help the economy to increase tourism. Increase traffic to your site instead of other sites. Maybe end world hunger and safe the world. Who knows...

It was just my suggestion to you. Thanks for listening Nang sao.

View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #3 - 6th Jun, 2009 at 8:41pm

I agree with BorSonJai, your main purpose to have a website is to have people come in here to visit your site.  Once you have a lot of people come in here after you followed BorSonJai suggestions, then you go out and ask those hotels and tour agencies and tell them that you have a website that Khon Lao and another people visiting all the time.  You tell them that you can advertise for them if they want to sign up for contract for 6 months or a year or simply give you commission every time their customers mention Laopride.com.

I think you should take up BorSonJai suggestions. Otherwise, keep doing what you have been doing and get a same old result.   Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #4 - 6th Jun, 2009 at 8:52pm

We have enough traffic and we don't want to change anything drastic with Laopride.com

BorSonJai, I don't have time to take the pictures, our photographers do that if you read my post on another thread.

If businesses in Vientiane want us to promote them then they are welcome to get in touch with us.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #5 - 10th Jun, 2009 at 9:54pm

I actually like the site the way it is. Other sites become too political or too much advertisement. If those restaurants and hotels want to advertise, then they can make their own website and advertise. I like this site cause it's real and it's about lao people in laos, and not lao americans who think what's best for laos, I mean they don't even live there yet they talk like they know. The suggestion sounds like a good one but there are sites that already try to save the world like: http://lao voices dot com
I like to come here and ask questions about stuff that happens in laos, not try to criticize why. I don't want laos to be like the US cause I live here now and I don't think it's that great and that's why I'm moving to laos. I think it is hard for lao people to understand good will such as what was mentioned cause the society is not developed to that level. When it is one of the poorest countries in the world, people got to think of themselves first in order to survive, but here in the US, we take that kind of stuff for granted like unemployment insurance and welfare. I remember eating at a restaurant in laos and we didn't finish all of our food which is typical in the western world, but there, they would consider you a fool cause you ordered it and couldn't finish it so you are a fool for wasting money. If I cleaned the plates here, they would think I was cheap and stingy for eating every last crumb. I know many people always criticize this "lao mentality" but if you lived in a country that was ruled by an oppressive communist regime for 30 years without any social or economic development, I think you would be the same way since you wouldn't know how the outside world works. The feeling I get when I am in laos is that money is higher than a person. People cannot realize a higher potential when they can't even afford the basic necessities of life. Look up "Maslow's Hierarchy" and you will understand what I mean.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #6 - 12th Jun, 2009 at 5:18am

That's right. We are not like those Lao American sites that has nothing but gibberish talk.

Our site contains unique contents direct from Laos, and it's a place where people can learn about Laos.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 79422 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 249104 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133295 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 70004 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47588 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 74062 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57677 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45495 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 41080 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 34025 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum