Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rare pictures of Judy Garland backstage (Read 73592 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Rare pictures of Judy Garland backstage
30th Aug, 2011 at 10:13am

The Wizard of Oz megastar,
Judy Garland relaxing and having fun backstage in 1938.

Rare images in natural color of a pretty sixteen-year-old Judy Garland
taking a break on the set of The Wizard of Oz.

Judy Garland as Dorothy backstage in The Wizard of Oz

Related articles you might be interested in reading:

star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

LoveGal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardJudy Garland Gold Star Award
Re: Rare pictures of Judy Garland backstage
Reply #1 - 17th Nov, 2013 at 1:25am

Judy Garland is the rarest type girl in the world. You may not meet this type of girl again, but we are lucky we still remember this girl Judy Garland. Today 2013 in Australia, her starry contribution has been noticed again by GO! TV(channel 99) and Westpac Bank. We will see Judy Garland as Dorothy every night in the TV ad and outside of the bank. What the world! She has lived again in our heart.
Some people may be confused why Australian will remember The Wizard of Oz again. The Wizard of Oz is the American culture. Why Australia does noticing The Wizard of Oz? It's easy to understand. America's called USA, Australia's called Oz. So you see the reason. Now I am a man living in "Oz" but I never meet Dorothy yet Sad (because wrong place, wrong location Angry ) Therefore some people may mistake the merry old land of Oz is/ locate in Australia. Anyway they will say welcome to Oz.

♥ Judy Garland ♥ This is Judy Garland I gonna sing "Gotta Get Out And Vote, 1944"

♥ Judy Garland ♥ Ma! He's Makin' Eyes At Me! 1949
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 17th Nov, 2013 at 7:49am

Judy Garland is one of those stars that will never leave our TV and computer screens, she was a natural singer-actress from the Golden Age of Hollywood who is not only known and remembered in America but pretty much around the world.

Nearly 8 decades ago, Judy Garland was walking around the studio set to perform as Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, and I don't think any of us was even born yet.

There's no question she was very beautiful and talented. Mickey Rooney who has worked with her more than anyone, once said with conviction that she is the greatest entertainer in the world.

IP Logged

LoveGal

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Reply #3 - 17th Nov, 2013 at 9:31am

Yes, I sure it most people will agree with you and no people can resist her face natural beautiful face, richness voice and talent.

Test version

10895704556_a559c0017a_o.jpg

Implemented version

10896169575_fbea02bb99.jpg

Recreated in 2013

10896094756_96bd2f9e93_n.jpg

Large picture

♥ Judy Garland ♥ This is Judy Garland I gonna sing "Gotta Get Out And Vote, 1944"

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #4 - 17th Nov, 2013 at 10:12am

Some cute images of Judy Garland there. The Wizard of Oz was filmed in late 1938 and finished in early 1939.

Judy Garland was a natural brunette so that color suited her more.

Her dark brown eyes and blonde hair doesn't really cut it for me, and it obviously didn't really cut it for MGM either.

Blondes with blue eyes goes best together, in my opinion anyway. Judy Garland's appearance is more suited to brown or reddish-brown hair and the studio with a new director got it right.

IP Logged

LoveGal

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Reply #5 - 17th Nov, 2013 at 11:06am

I like the brunette Judy Garland too, but I still want to see what did they film with the blonde Dorothy. just like the outtake section as "The Jitterbug" and "Over The Rainbow" in Oz. I hope they found the filmed roll and recreated or digitally restore it.

Actually, the blonde Dorothy wasn't that bad. See the B/W shot...
10897131655_81a15c1c81_o.jpg

But definitely not this one... Yes the new director was right, it was too much make up and looks silly.
10897205495_c07788aeb1_n.jpg

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #6 - 17th Nov, 2013 at 11:31am

Judy Garland with blonde hair doesn't look bad in black and white because it hides the blonde color, making her hair appear darker than it actually is, so she's beautiful.

But once she steps into color with blonde hair, the blonde will be more visible and it doesn't look nice.

She still had makeup under the direction of Victor Fleming, probably not as much but it's still there. The major change is her hair color from blonde to brown or reddish brown, which looks quite nice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 2664 Last Post Yesterday at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 87566 Last Post Yesterday at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 291507 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 139134 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 75471 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52021 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78123 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61382 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48571 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43676 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum