Send Topic Print
Beg to Differ... (Read 29068 times)

pineapplejuice
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Beg to Differ...
8th Nov, 2013 at 11:53pm

Hi all, new to the forum and will probably be banned for this - but in my opinion, Judy was, well, OK looking but the most beautiful woman I have ever seen was a Lao phu sao... the trouble is, they are all so lovely its hard to pick the best - must be torture to be a judge at a Lao beauty contest!
Kit hot Laos lai lai der!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Beg to Differ...
Reply #1 - 9th Nov, 2013 at 2:55am

Welcome and I encourage members to voice their opinions.

I don't have a frame of mind of a communist where people must cheer and clap along with me otherwise I will execute them. Everyone has their own opinion, I respect them, and for me to remove a person because I disagree with them will be unreasonable.

Judy Garland was more than okay looking. As pretty as "poo sao Lao" may be, none of us will ever become as big as her.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

pakse
Awards: 2
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #2 - 9th Nov, 2013 at 11:11am

i kinda agree with admin.back then they didn't have plastic sugery and such.its more natural beauty .Nowaday there's so  plastic and nip , tuck. also alot of brushing up. Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 9th Nov, 2013 at 4:27pm

Looks is one thing and talent is another. Judy Garland was one of the most photographed stars in her days because she was attractive.

I've never seen anyone as talented as Judy Garland in musical films. She has a knack of making viewers enjoy watching her perform and by doing so, her beauty shines through.

IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #4 - 10th Nov, 2013 at 1:00pm

Judy Garland had the authentic, beautiful American country girl look that no amount of surgery can replicate. As a Texas Cowboy, this type of beauty drives me wild. The most beautiful women come from the countryside of Lao and Vietnam but Judy Garland was also very beautiful.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #5 - 10th Nov, 2013 at 4:18pm

I'm a city girl and my family have city roots, we are not that bad.

These days, many people from the countryside of Laos migrate to Vientiane for a better life so you can still find your Lao country girl look in the city.

Judy Garland was more beautiful than her daughters, Liza Minnelli and Lorna Luft. I think Judy Garland was one of the most beautiful, if not the most beautiful Golden Age actresses.

IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #6 - 11th Nov, 2013 at 7:45pm

Not all city girls are bad but a girl needs to spend her childhood in the countryside to cultivate the true gentle nature as embodied by the lovely Judy Garland. City girls are too sophisticated and these days addicted to spa treatments, makeup, and their cellphones. Total turnoff. What I need is a good girl from the countryside of Texas or the midwest or southeast Asia.

All my recent girlfriends in the last three years have come from cities and while I respect all of them, I could never get past their urban inclinations.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 12th Nov, 2013 at 5:20am

Lao girls from the countryside are just as addicted to makeup and cellphones these days, if not more than those from the city. The girls you see in Vientiane in sexy outfits and driving in flashy cars with wealthy men, they are mostly from the countryside for a better life and also to support their families back home.

I consider Judy Garland a city girl because she lived in the glamour of Los Angeles since she was just 4 years old.

She was born in Grand Rapids which is a city in Minnesota. Perhaps it was just a small town in her days, but her dad owned a movie theater and a two-storey house so her family had money compared to most American families. Judy Garland was raised in a more city lifestyle than a countryside lifestyle throughout her life.

star.gif star.gif

IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #8 - 12th Nov, 2013 at 12:37pm

Guess you're right. You make good points so I'll go ahead and admit you win the argument this time.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #9 - 12th Nov, 2013 at 12:45pm

dang admin is there anything that you don't know bout judy ?  Wink i need to watch the wizard of oz Roll Eyes

View Profile  
IP Logged

LoveGal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardJudy Garland Gold Star Award
Reply #10 - 12th Nov, 2013 at 1:22pm

You guys so funny here  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

If you really love the girl no matter she is from Earth or Mars

♥ Judy Garland ♥ This is Judy Garland I gonna sing "Gotta Get Out And Vote, 1944"

♥ Judy Garland ♥ Ma! He's Makin' Eyes At Me! 1949
View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #11 - 12th Nov, 2013 at 6:49pm

LoveGal wrote on 12th Nov, 2013 at 1:22pm:

Heard girls from the Mars have tails. Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

LoveGal

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Reply #12 - 12th Nov, 2013 at 8:37pm

peterpan wrote on 12th Nov, 2013 at 6:49pm:
LoveGal wrote on 12th Nov, 2013 at 1:22pm:

Heard girls from the Mars have tails. Grin

You know too much Roll Eyes
10819367153_6d1b0608fd.jpg

♥ Judy Garland ♥ This is Judy Garland I gonna sing "Gotta Get Out And Vote, 1944"

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #13 - 13th Nov, 2013 at 3:53pm

Who is the cleavage girl on the right? Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

LoveGal

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Reply #14 - 13th Nov, 2013 at 9:08pm

I guess that girl's name is Angela Lansbury who sung "How'd You Like to Spoon with Me" in Till the clouds roll by 1946. Judy Garland also had two performance in that film "Look for the Silver Lining" and "Who?" I love to listen Who?  Wink

Who, stole my heart away
Who, makes me dream all day
Dreams I know can never come true
Seems as though I'll ever be blue

Who, means my happiness
Who, would I answer yes to
No one, but you!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 68665 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 245701 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 130988 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 67190 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 45902 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 72465 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 56136 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 44288 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40002 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33223 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum