Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Accident involving a foreigner (Read 24691 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Accident involving a foreigner
13th Mar, 2010 at 5:32am

A female foreigner cries tears of pain and most likely receive a massive fine after having a motorbike accident in the city of Vientiane.

laopride699.jpg

laopride700.jpg

laopride701.jpg

laopride702.jpg

laopride703.jpg

laopride704.jpg

laopride705.jpg

laopride706.jpg

laopride707.jpg

laopride708.jpg

laopride709.jpg

laopride710.jpg

laopride711.jpg

laopride712.jpg

laopride713.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Re: Accident involving a foreigner
Reply #1 - 13th Mar, 2010 at 3:43pm

Let me guess, the larger vehicle is at fault cause it is bigger and the foreigner is at fault cause she is a foreigner and should have more money than any local. I will never drive anything in Laos, makes no sense. It's like my dad explained it to me once, " Goo yark pai sai, goo gah pai, het eyung gah het, un het dai".

Hey you Aussie's, do you guys agree with the traffic laws in Laos?

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Laosport
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Lao Luv Lao Last Longer

Boston
Reply #2 - 13th Mar, 2010 at 7:14pm

Ouch...I hope that don't happen to me when I'm over there.
I'm just curious (pic #11 counting down) How come that lil boy dad or who ever to him, have a helmet on his head but not on that lil boy head? I think that lil boy needs a helmet as much as that big boy. Don't y'all agree?  Embarrassed. Imagine what will happen to that lil boy if accident occurs to them. I pray Thavada forbiddent that. Saa Too..

Phoum Jai Pen LAO!
View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #3 - 14th Mar, 2010 at 6:48pm

That's some of the things I don't like about Laos.  If you are a foreigner driving or being in a vehicle, regardless if it's your fault or not you are responsible.  Even if you walk and a guy hits you with his bike you are responsible, I know it's crazy.

It's been a while back.  When I visited Laos, I try to buddy up with authorities especially cops (kiss their ass/compliment them).  Also, buy them food, drinks, and chit chat with them.  They are usually lenient, letting you take photos or videos of forbidden places. If you get into an accident they usually let you slide depending on how serious the accident is and/or accept bribes. 

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk IIWJ
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

ThatLuang, Laos P.D.R.
Reply #4 - 15th Mar, 2010 at 5:23pm

Leave it to Laos... Laos probably have the best traffic laws anywhere on this earth..(wink) NOT!!! hahahhahah

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #5 - 16th Mar, 2010 at 4:01am

it's does help, when you know someone high up! in my case, I will get away with it!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk IIWJ
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

ThatLuang, Laos P.D.R.
Reply #6 - 16th Mar, 2010 at 2:22pm

Tee wrote on 16th Mar, 2010 at 4:01am:
it's does help, when you know someone high up! in my case, I will get away with it!

That's why Laos is still one of the most corrupted city in this world.  Now you begin to sounds like the admin who drives her BMW around VTE. Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #7 - 16th Mar, 2010 at 2:38pm

Buk IIWJ wrote on 16th Mar, 2010 at 2:22pm:

That's why Laos is still one of the most corrupted city in this world.  Now you begin to sounds like the admin who drives her BMW around VTE. Grin

Best thing about it! that I don't pay them..... they own me favourites from giving them free advice how to run their business!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #8 - 17th Mar, 2010 at 2:27am

Buk IIWJ, Laos is a city? I thought Laos is a country.

We're not that bad, maybe you should visit Thailand and Vietnam.

IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #9 - 17th Mar, 2010 at 3:34am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 17th Mar, 2010 at 2:27am:
Buk IIWJ, Laos is a city? I thought Laos is a country.

We're not that bad, maybe you should visit Thailand and Vietnam.

Yep, I agree.  Thailand and Vietnam traffics are terrifying.  I don't know how people avert each other without getting into accidents. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebkogYErN3Y&feature=related

View Profile  
IP Logged

Laosport
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Lao Luv Lao Last Longer

Boston
Reply #10 - 18th Mar, 2010 at 2:14am

Tee wrote on 16th Mar, 2010 at 2:38pm:
Buk IIWJ wrote on 16th Mar, 2010 at 2:22pm:

That's why Laos is still one of the most corrupted city in this world.  Now you begin to sounds like the admin who drives her BMW around VTE. Grin

Best thing about it! that I don't pay them..... they own me favourites from giving them free advice how to run their business!

Very interesting, That how yall get down over there? bottom line is, it's all about who you knew and be friend with, the higher the better. lol.. Wink Btw Tee could you give me some advice about doing the biz to?
What kind of biz you currently running? If you don't mine me asking.

Phoum Jai Pen LAO!
View Profile  
IP Logged

abercrombie
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #11 - 13th Feb, 2011 at 5:18am

laopride708.jpg
Confused foreigner wondering why the obnoxious watermark.

laopride709.jpg
Cops try to figure out who would want to steal this picture.

View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang

Reply #12 - 21st Feb, 2011 at 7:25am

aren't foreigners especially white people afraid to get kidnapped? lolz i mean i would,

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 21st Feb, 2011 at 8:09am

I don't think anybody gets kidnapped in Laos.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #14 - 21st Feb, 2011 at 10:17pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 21st Feb, 2011 at 8:09am:
I don't think anybody gets kidnapped in Laos.

Maybe in Mexico or Thailand. Sometime they kidnap people for ransom money. Maybe Laos too, but very few. I never heard about it. There's crimes everywhere you go. Crimes in Laos is pretty low, but not sure right now because of so many illegal immigrant in the country.
Cool

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 5724 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 89160 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 292905 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 140160 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 76371 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52807 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78821 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 62014 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49079 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44104 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum