Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Thai vs Lao (University girls in uniform) (Read 170564 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Thai vs Lao (University girls in uniform)
11th Jul, 2010 at 9:00am

Thai and Lao university girls wear a white top. The obvious difference is the dress, Thai girls wear a short black skirt and Lao girls wear a traditional long skirt known as "sinh mai".      

Everyone will have a different opinion about which dress code is better, but the Lao sinh is my choice since I wear it and I am a biased in favour of Laos.

http://www.laogirls.com/why-must-lao-girls-wear-a-sinh-to-university.html

THAI
laopride867.jpg

THAI
laopride868.jpg

THAI
laopride869.jpg

THAI
laopride870.jpg

THAI
laopride871.jpg

THAI
laopride872.jpg

LAO
laopride873.jpg

LAO
laopride874.jpg

LAO
laopride875.jpg

LAO
laopride876.jpg

LAO
laopride877.jpg

LAO
laopride878.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Re: Thai vs Lao (University girls in uniform)
Reply #1 - 11th Jul, 2010 at 5:06pm

Thai girls = sluts
Lao girls = wannabe sluts

That's what I get from these pictures, haha. I couldn't tell whether this was a school or whore house. Maybe if the focus was on the quality of education and what they are studying versus who is studying them, maybe I would actually want to bring my future kids to school there. I guess they rate the quality of education by how the students look rather than what they know and the future that they have. If I went to a school like that, I don't think I could ever graduate, I would be repeating the same grade every year cause I wouldn't be able to focus on anything else but them cybersexies!

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 11th Jul, 2010 at 11:05pm

Lao girls = wannabe sluts? Well thanks. Smiley

None of the Lao female students are wearing anything indecent or displaying any form of sexuality, so if you can't tell if this is a school then I'm bewildered.

IP Logged

Pankeo
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #3 - 13th Jul, 2010 at 4:35pm

Shocked wow those some short skirts them thai girls got

View Profile  
IP Logged

USA Joe
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #4 - 14th Jul, 2010 at 10:09pm

wow - oh my. i am guessing the thai lady bending over in her skit is getting ready for a spanking. do teachers even need to get paid? Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal

I Love Laos!

Reply #5 - 15th Jul, 2010 at 9:41pm

I guess short skirts are good for summer.  No need air conditioning out side of the classrooms. Plus it is easy for all the horny boys..............okay I am just kidding about last sentence.  No sex in school okay.    Cheesy Tongue Shocked

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #6 - 17th Jul, 2010 at 6:01am

LaoguySoCal, We don't have air conditioning in classrooms in Laos because we're too poor. If Thailand have it then I envy them.

IP Logged

macro
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #7 - 18th Jul, 2010 at 11:19pm

When I was young and full of hormone, I vote for Thai's uniform.
I'm now an old man and have daughter of my own, I think Lao uniform is much nicer looking and more respectful.
Hey, we used to fight for a seat near the window in the class, watch the girls going up the stairs and bet on the color of their unddis, the girls knew and tried to cover their skirts, funny though, the skirts they wore seems getting shorter by the day, may be they grew up too fast or they did it on purpose, may be they enjoy to be watched as much as we were watching, those were the golden years of early 70's.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Baleno
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #8 - 22nd Jul, 2010 at 8:57am

Having lived in Thailand for more than 20 years I have witnessed the skirts of university girls getting progressively shorter - one reason given was that with the recession shorter skirts were cheaper haha.

In comparison, the Lao uniform is consistent, shows modesty and reduces the temptation of male misconduct. After all, university is the final academic stepping stone to one's future career and life and dedicated study should be the objective.

Baleno

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #9 - 22nd Jul, 2010 at 11:38pm

Other reasons could be the hot weather in Thailand or they want to show their legs.

It's hot in Laos as well but we tend to cover up more than our Thai counterparts, even if it means having an umbrella to stay in the shade.

IP Logged

macro

I Love Laos!

Reply #10 - 23rd Jul, 2010 at 11:57am

It got nothin to do with the weather, I'm in Sydney and last few days the day time temperature is around 10 degree, some girls still wearing short skirts, Damn! those skirts must be made in China, it shrinks like hell after wash !
As long as it's fashion who cares about the cold.

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #11 - 23rd Jul, 2010 at 4:27pm

Buk Hoo Kee wrote on 11th Jul, 2010 at 5:06pm:
Thai girls = sluts
Lao girls = wannabe sluts

That's what I get from these pictures, haha. I couldn't tell whether this was a school or sleeper house. Maybe if the focus was on the quality of education and what they are studying versus who is studying them, maybe I would actually want to bring my future kids to school there. I guess they rate the quality of education by how the students look rather than what they know and the future that they have. If I went to a school like that, I don't think I could ever graduate, I would be repeating the same grade every year cause I wouldn't be able to focus on anything else but them cybersexies!

I know I don't usually say this, you are an IDIOT!!. There must be dust in your eyes to see and think what you think of Lao traditional school uniform. Do you see any Lao girls bending over or wearing tight tights vs Thai girls and their uniforms? The Admin was just showing you the difference in school uniforms and you blow it out of proportion. It's obvious education is above all things vs appearance. All I can say is wow!!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #12 - 24th Jul, 2010 at 12:21am

Macro, Seems like they can stand cold weather in Sydney. I guess weather has nothing to do with it, I assume that school authorities in Thailand want their female students to dress overly sexy.

OMD, Education is important but appearance also matters at a Lao university, that's why there is a beauty contest involving female students each year. It can be bizzare, it can be strange or it can be a beautiful event, but this is Laos and anything can happen.

IP Logged

BlastSweep

I Love Laos!

Reply #13 - 31st Jul, 2010 at 5:40am

Those skirts are way too short even by most US high school standards. As a young man, its nice of course, but I can definitely appreciate the traditional skirts. Its easy to look sexy when you're showing alot of skin. Its much more impressive to look sexy when you're not showing any.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #14 - 31st Jul, 2010 at 7:16am

BlastSweep, You're right. They appear way too short for us, but it's obviously acceptable in Thai society. The students are certainly not expelled from school for wearing them.

Wear something so short like that in Laos and you're labelled as... well, you know.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 286334 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85750 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137624 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74090 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50893 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77131 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60501 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47812 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43047 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35519 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum