Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
moonsoon rain (Read 20886 times)

USA Joe
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

moonsoon rain
7th Sep, 2010 at 7:48am

wow.. when it rains in lao, it really POURS! makes driving in the countryside an adventure

flood1.jpg (193 KB | )
flood1.jpg
View Profile  
IP Logged

USA Joe
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Re: moonsoon rain
Reply #1 - 7th Sep, 2010 at 7:48am

from camcorder

flood2a.jpg (200 KB | )
flood2a.jpg
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 7th Sep, 2010 at 8:50am

Yes, it pours when it rains in Laos. We don't have light rain.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #3 - 7th Sep, 2010 at 5:38pm

Pretty crazy it can be very dry or too much rain. Mother nature.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #4 - 7th Sep, 2010 at 11:47pm

It does get very hot in Laos, but it's never dry like Texas or the Australian outback.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #5 - 7th Sep, 2010 at 11:52pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 7th Sep, 2010 at 11:47pm:
It does get very hot in Laos, but it's never dry like Texas or the Australian outback.

Seem to be more flood around the world lately. Flooding in Pakistan leave about 10 million people homeless. Yes many southern part of the U.S Texas, Arizona, Nevada can also be very very hot too around 100.
Shocked Undecided

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #6 - 8th Sep, 2010 at 12:49am

The flooding in Pakistan also left over a thousand people dead.

Many natural disasters happening lately. The Earth may explode in 2012, because NASA is predicting that a powerful solar storm will hit Earth in a couple of years.

The end of the world is nigh. Cry

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #7 - 8th Sep, 2010 at 2:43am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 8th Sep, 2010 at 12:49am:
The flooding in Pakistan also left over a thousand people dead.

Many natural disasters happening lately. The Earth may explode in 2012, because NASA is predicting that a powerful solar storm will hit Earth in a couple of years.

The end of the world is nigh. Cry

I hope not. In the U.S they alway talk about 2012 end of world stuff. You are very knowledgeable about world current event.  

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #8 - 8th Sep, 2010 at 4:18am

I enjoy reading about current events around the world. There is the internet these days, and many countries have a news website, so take your pick.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #9 - 8th Sep, 2010 at 4:12pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 8th Sep, 2010 at 4:18am:
I enjoy reading about current events around the world. There is the internet these days, and many countries have a news website, so take your pick.

You sound just like me. I like Lao News Agency, Vientianetime, Al Jazeera and Bangkok Post. 

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #10 - 8th Sep, 2010 at 4:16pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 8th Sep, 2010 at 4:18am:

Do they have iPhone in Laos? iPhone does make life easier. You can surf Internet all day long, and read world news.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #11 - 8th Sep, 2010 at 10:46pm

I don't like Vientiane Times because they charge a fee in order to read their news. I've never seen other news sites that require payment.

They have iPhone in Laos, and yes it's useful when you need access to the internet.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #12 - 9th Sep, 2010 at 12:19am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 8th Sep, 2010 at 10:46pm:
I don't like Vientiane Times because they charge a fee in order to read their news. I've never seen other news sites that require payment.

They have iPhone in Laos, and yes it's useful when you need access to the internet.

I don't think you have to pay for Vientianetime anymore. I read it everyday and it's free.

I'm just wondering if anybody know if iPhone in Laos cost the same as the U.S. Here it cost $200 for 8GB and $300 for 16GB. And monthly bill is about $70 a month. Thank
Smiley   

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 9th Sep, 2010 at 12:56am

The USA based Vientiane Times site is free (Vientiane Times Dot Com).

But the Lao based Vientiane Times site requires payment. (Vientiane Times Dot Org Dot La).

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #14 - 9th Sep, 2010 at 2:51am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 9th Sep, 2010 at 12:56am:
The USA based Vientiane Times site is free (Vientiane Times Dot Com).

But the Lao based Vientiane Times site requires payment. (Vientiane Times Dot Org Dot La).

Ok Thank Admins. I though the two Vientianetime websites were the same.
Cool Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 6134 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 89374 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 293075 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 140289 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 76493 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52912 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78914 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 62095 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49151 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44166 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum