Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Where is the money go!!! (Read 17445 times)

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Where is the money go!!!
23rd Dec, 2010 at 6:11am

I just got back from the 450 year celebration in Vientiane, Laos have been advance is many thing. Many hotel has been build and competition all step up for many business. I guess the tax revenue also more....but what happed to them that is the question in my mind....
Laos second most popular monument in Laos is come to the state of this.........  

small.JPG (127 KB | )
small.JPG
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Where is the money go!!!
Reply #1 - 23rd Dec, 2010 at 7:26pm

I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

They obviously didn't build the monument very well, but they will eventually fix it.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #2 - 24th Dec, 2010 at 8:17pm

Laos should build skyscrapper, more sight scenes, improve basic infrastructure to encourage more tourist.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 25th Dec, 2010 at 9:21am

I think we have enough tourist attractions in Laos.

The concern for many people is the stomach problems in Laos, so we need to make our markets and restaurants cleaner.

IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #4 - 25th Dec, 2010 at 10:54am

llX wrote on 24th Dec, 2010 at 8:17pm:
Laos should build skyscrapper, more sight scenes, improve basic infrastructure to encourage more tourist.

What would you want to see more concrete block in Laos that serve no purpose?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #5 - 25th Dec, 2010 at 5:51pm

Tee wrote on 25th Dec, 2010 at 10:54am:
llX wrote on 24th Dec, 2010 at 8:17pm:

What would you want to see more concrete block in Laos that serve no purpose?  

I want to see nice downtown like this in Laos. If China and Vietnam can do it so can Laos.

Phnom Penh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG982cT9sCI

Bangkok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Y8VXcMsU8

Shanghai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKC2awFm-f4&feature=fvw

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #6 - 25th Dec, 2010 at 8:57pm

Those cities have alot of people with limited land space, that's why have and need more skyscrapers.

Vientiane and Luang Prabang is small with plenty of land.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #7 - 26th Dec, 2010 at 5:30pm

Laos economies is booming so will the  population.

View Profile  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #8 - 30th Dec, 2010 at 8:01pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 25th Dec, 2010 at 9:21am:
I think we have enough tourist attractions in Laos.

The concern for many people is the stomach problems in Laos, so we need to make our markets and restaurants cleaner.

Admin- please name the top 10 places.. so I can visit on my next trip. I already have been to LPB and VV....

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #9 - 31st Dec, 2010 at 12:33am

I won't name the top 10 places, because the best place for me is Vientiane.

But, anyway, besides Luang Prabang and Vang Vieng, some other places that is nice to visit include Ban Gan, Phone Hong, Xieng Kuang, Pakse and Champassak.

IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd

I Love Laos!

Reply #10 - 5th Jan, 2011 at 7:19pm

Right now it looks to be the Chinese and Vietname population that is booming!  Let's NOT kid ourselves.. IT IS INEVITABLE.. CHINA WILL HAVE POLITICAL CONTROL OF LAOS WITHIN 10 YEARS IF NOT SOONER!  BYE BYE VIETNAM...

BOTEN is practically a Chinese town!  Local people that were relocated to other areas really have nothing to live on!  Can you honestly tell me the Laos government had the best interest of the local people when they allowed China to come and "invest" in BOTEN?

llX wrote on 26th Dec, 2010 at 5:30pm:
Laos economies is booming so will the  population.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #11 - 5th Jan, 2011 at 10:36pm

I wouldn't say bye bye to Vietnam just yet.

Boten have many mixed Lao-Chinese people for decades because it's near China. Most local people living there are ethnic minorities anyway. If people are forced to moved for a specific reason then they are compensated.

IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd

I Love Laos!

Reply #12 - 7th Jan, 2011 at 6:37pm

"Compensated?"  You're kidding right?  Compensated as in local Laotians are RELOCATED TO AN AREA FAR FROM MAIN ROADS, HUNTING, FISHING, WATER RESOURCES.. AND MODERN FACILITIES!  That's what you mean by "compensated?"

The Laos government is jepeordizing its own people and putting them at risk!

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 5th Jan, 2011 at 10:36pm:
I wouldn't say bye bye to Vietnam just yet.

Boten have many mixed Lao-Chinese people for decades because it's near China. Most local people living there are ethnic minorities anyway. If people are forced to moved for a specific reason then they are compensated.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 7th Jan, 2011 at 8:28pm

They can receive compensation in the form of cash or land. Finding food on the table shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure the authorities have worked everything out in the best interests of the people.

Mind you, there's nothing stopping them from moving to more modern areas such as Luang Prabang or Vientiane.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #14 - 8th Jan, 2011 at 12:42am

I'm for Laos economic development. It's long term investment and for the future of Laos.

People land should be compensated at a fair market prices. But as according to some complain sometime this is not the case. People were pay below market value. If protest they might get arrested.
« Last Edit: 8th Jan, 2011 at 7:50am by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 5578 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 89087 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 292856 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 140101 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 76333 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52775 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78784 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61990 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49062 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44089 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum