Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BREAKING NEWS--- General Vang Pao - dead! (Read 13624 times)

BorLeumBanGerd
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

BREAKING NEWS--- General Vang Pao - dead!
7th Jan, 2011 at 6:32pm

Death of a great leader to the Hmong people and also to some Laotians loyal to the old monarchy government.

I guess the Laotian government can sleep better knowing Vang Pao is no more!.....

http://pagingdrgupta.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/06/better-than-botox-7-reasons-to-hav...

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: BREAKING NEWS--- General Vang Pao - dead!
Reply #1 - 7th Jan, 2011 at 9:50pm

Our prayers and deepest commiserations to his family as well as his loyal supporters, on the death of Vang Pao.

He was no longer a threat to the Lao Government when he settled in the United States, but may he rest in peace now.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #2 - 8th Jan, 2011 at 12:26am

Rest in peace General. They say "one man terrorist is another man freedom fighter."
« Last Edit: 8th Jan, 2011 at 7:52am by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #3 - 9th Jan, 2011 at 8:46am

BorLeumBanGerd wrote on 7th Jan, 2011 at 6:32pm:
Death of a great leader to the Hmong people and also to some Laotians loyal to the old monarchy government.

I guess the Laotian government can sleep better knowing Vang Pao is no more!.....

http://pagingdrgupta.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/06/better-than-botox-7-reasons-to-hav...

Great leader!Umm.....I don't think so...But this is my thought only and how I feel about his leadership.....I don't want to upset the Hmong brothers here....

View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Reply #4 - 9th Jan, 2011 at 1:04pm

its sad that gen vang pao is gone, there are some negative speculation about his leadership and past history from many people but many of those claims are unproven. his leadership while he was alive was like a father figure. he would attend events and lecture about divorce, promote education and unity because in hmong society even miao there's clans and he wants all clans to keep it real and cool with one another. during the war in laos there were many other hmong leaders or leadership but many died fighting and gen vang pao happens to be one of the wisest to make it out alive from that war in fact he wanted to stay behind and face annihilation but felt the need to continue his leadership because many hmong still needed him and looked to him for guidance. the hmong youth might not know much about him but they do know one thing and that is that he wanted freedom for all. communism was just not good enough. colonialism was the better choice, democracy was the best so he went with that and convince many hmongs and laos to fight for it. of course many other hmongs like the idea for communism and so they fought for it too. gen vang pao is a national hero to the hmong but in the hmong community there are also many capable community leaders that will continue to bring hmongs and other asians to help out each other.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #5 - 10th Jan, 2011 at 2:33am

I heard that he wanted to visit Laos last year, but cancelled his plan because he realised that he would be executed.

His connections and supporters will be sad that he died, but it may help ease some of the pain to know that he died of natural causes, and not murdered in the hands of someone else.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal

I Love Laos!

Reply #6 - 11th Jan, 2011 at 8:41pm

longhang wrote on 9th Jan, 2011 at 1:04pm:
its sad that gen vang pao is gone, there are some negative speculation about his leadership and past history from many people but many of those claims are unproven. his leadership while he was alive was like a father figure. he would attend events and lecture about divorce, promote education and unity because in hmong society even miao there's clans and he wants all clans to keep it real and cool with one another. during the war in laos there were many other hmong leaders or leadership but many died fighting and gen vang pao happens to be one of the wisest to make it out alive from that war in fact he wanted to stay behind and face annihilation but felt the need to continue his leadership because many hmong still needed him and looked to him for guidance. the hmong youth might not know much about him but they do know one thing and that is that he wanted freedom for all. communism was just not good enough. colonialism was the better choice, democracy was the best so he went with that and convince many hmongs and laos to fight for it. of course many other hmongs like the idea for communism and so they fought for it too. gen vang pao is a national hero to the hmong but in the hmong community there are also many capable community leaders that will continue to bring hmongs and other asians to help out each other.

well said  Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang

Reply #7 - 12th Jan, 2011 at 9:02am

right now they are in the process of trying to bury him over at arlington cemetery where many american soldiers are buried. i think there is a debate in Washington on rather to accept him or not. so far no decision has been made. but in my opinion anywhere is just as good. he doesnt need to be burried at arlington to prove a point. to many hmong he is a hero regardless of where he gets buried.

View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang

Reply #8 - 31st Jan, 2011 at 10:57pm

*update, yes hmongs glorious leader gen vang pao will be buried at the Arlington national cemetery.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #9 - 1st Feb, 2011 at 12:58am

longhang wrote on 31st Jan, 2011 at 10:57pm:
*update, yes hmongs glorious leader gen vang pao will be buried at the Arlington national cemetery.

Good news Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 4224 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 88369 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 292280 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 139657 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 75929 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52413 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78468 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61702 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48827 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43881 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum