Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Domestic violence in Laos. (Read 23182 times)

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Re: Domestic violence in Laos.
Reply #15 - 10th Mar, 2011 at 6:02am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 10th Mar, 2011 at 5:58am:
Well, I'm just giving you an example by using myself.

If no one knows, then the authorities also won't know.

If they know, then that is what will happen.

I was referring to "boyfriend/husband".
Am I exasperating you with all this? Because I can stop. But only if you ask.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 10th Mar, 2011 at 6:18am

Real men, no matter what part of the world they hail from, do not hit, push, badger, degrade, insult, or disrespect women. Period.

« Last Edit: 10th Mar, 2011 at 8:44am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #17 - 10th Mar, 2011 at 10:31am

Quote:
Real men, no matter what part of the world they hail from, do not hit, push, badger, degrade, insult, or disrespect women. Period.

I was simply asking an open-ended  question. Because I wasn't sure, I asked my fellow kin on what their views were regarding this subject. Don't you know this is a "Lao" website? You seem to have adamant "faith" in how "everyone" is supposed to behave. Why don't you go to an Arab website and post this response verbatim. Better yet, say it to their faces. But you won't, will you? You'd end up with your neck sawn off quicker than a blink of an eye. But you already know this, don't you? Is that why you have to come to "Laopride" to preach your gospel? Do your "conversions" elsewhere! There are alot of cultures in the world. This world doesn't just belong to the whites. This is not just a white man's world.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #18 - 10th Mar, 2011 at 11:41am

Sorry New Zealand friend, but can you please be a bit nice to others, we are all adults here. They don't want their site to turn into a slanging match, otherwise they might dismiss me as the admin if things get out of hand.

We don't always have to agree with things, but we can debate in a nicer tone, thank you.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #19 - 10th Mar, 2011 at 6:33pm

I agreed with you 100%. Cool Smiley

Quote:

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #20 - 11th Mar, 2011 at 4:16am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 10th Mar, 2011 at 11:41am:
Sorry New Zealand friend, but can you please be a bit nice to others, we are all adults here. They don't want their site to turn into a slanging match, otherwise they might dismiss me as the admin if things get out of hand.

We don't always have to agree with things, but we can debate in a nicer tone, thank you.

You're right. You're right. You're right. I may have over reacted here. Foer the sake of my new "friend", I would like to apologize for my knee-jerk reaction. I am extending my hand in what I hope can lead to a truce. We don't want to turn "Laopride.com" into the next "asiasfinest.com", (the Lao forum, anyway), do we? The clowns over there retaliate tit-for-tat over trivial issues. Lets not stoop to their level.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #21 - 11th Mar, 2011 at 5:57am

Thank you for your understanding. You're a valuable member of the forum and I look forward to reading many interesting discussions now and the future.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #22 - 11th Mar, 2011 at 6:08am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 11th Mar, 2011 at 5:57am:
Thank you for your understanding. You're a valuable member of the forum and I look forward to reading many interesting discussions now and the future.

Where in Laos are you from, anyway? You don't have to pinpoint your exact location. Just the district will do. I feel like I am reading a novel here. Just like reading a novel, I need to visualize what the "characters" are up too. Hopefully this isn't too direct.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 11th Mar, 2011 at 6:40am

Larb Dip wrote on 11th Mar, 2011 at 4:16am:

You're right. You're right. You're right. I may have over reacted here. Foer the sake of my new "friend", I would like to apologize for my knee-jerk reaction. I am extending my hand in what I hope can lead to a truce. We don't want to turn "Laopride.com" into the next "asiasfinest.com", (the Lao forum, anyway), do we? The clowns over there retaliate tit-for-tat over trivial issues. Lets not stoop to their level.

I accept and also offer my apologizes in kind. Some things I feel very strongly about. My sister was beat quite badly in her first two marriages, and had much mental abuse (including pushing and holding her down) in her third. If you could have seen the results her second husband did on one occasion, you would understand.

I have to learn to be more flexible with my convictions. Yet, we both have something in common that binds us. Our love for Laos and people and things Lao. In May I will get the chance to love Laos even more.  ::shaking your hand in a gesture perpetual truce::

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #24 - 11th Mar, 2011 at 6:51am

Quote:
Larb Dip wrote on 11th Mar, 2011 at 4:16am:

I accept and also offer my apologizes in kind. Some things I feel very strongly about. My sister was beat quite badly in her first two marriages, and had much mental abuse (including pushing and holding her down) in her third. If you could have seen the results her second husband did on one occasion, you would understand.

I have to learn to be more flexible with my convictions. Yet, we both have something in common that binds us. Our love for Laos and people and things Lao. In May I will get the chance to love Laos even more.  ::shaking your hand in a gesture perpetual truce::

The slate is now clean, "Bro" - that's "friend" in the vernacular of the "Kiwi" heartland.
Enjoy your trip to our beloved Laos!

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 5889 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 89251 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 292963 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 140213 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 76427 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52850 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78860 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 62048 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49109 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44131 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum